+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC inland applicant with spouse outland - post COPR process

olufisayo77

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Man, it's really hard to follow what you are writing. It would really help if you used punctuation marks, just saying.

There is no way for you or anyone to know how long it'll take to have your application processed and what the outcome will be.
If you are outside of Canada, the process will be completed by your local visa office or the one that corresponds to your country. That is for visa counterfoil stamping and COPR issuance.
Thanks

olufisayo77

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Man, it's really hard to follow what you are writing. It would really help if you used punctuation marks, just saying.

There is no way for you or anyone to know how long it'll take to have your application processed and what the outcome will be.
If you are outside of Canada, the process will be completed by your local visa office or the one that corresponds to your country. That is for visa counterfoil stamping and COPR issuance.
I will next time. Mostime write in a rush, so sorry about that. Thanks

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
I am CEC inland and on April 17, 2020 I received a request letter in my CIC inbox for requesting for my spouse passport to finalize the process. In the request letter, the opening paragraph states the following

"To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status. As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your landing appointment."

I am primary applicant and currently in Canada and my spouse is in India. I believe the letter which I received is pertaining to my spouse and is requesting her to send the passport to High commission of Canada, India.

A bit confused on the above, as I have not received any intimation for landing appointment or Passport request letter for myself. Does anyone have similar experience?

Last edited:

olufisayo77

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
I am CEC inland and on April 17, 2020 I received a request letter in my CIC inbox for requesting for my spouse passport to finalize the process. In the request letter, the opening paragraph states the following

"To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status. As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your landing appointment."

I am primary applicant and currently in Canada and my spouse is in India. I believe the letter which I received is pertaining to my spouse and is requesting her to send the passport to High commission of Canada, India.

A bit confused on the above, as I have not received any intimation for landing appointment or Passport request letter for myself. Does anyone have similar experience?
From what is posted above you will submit your passport separately you must get your Corp before submitting their passport may be after the lock down

brs.123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019

Hi,

Let me know how you proceeded. I am also the primary applicant with spouse out land. Also what was your AOR?

Thanks

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
@canuck_in_uk
A bit confused on the below. Could you please help to clarify it?

According to the information on CIC website, principal applicant will not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependents cannot travel. Does it mean already approved applications whose dependents are overseas and principal applicant in Canada - waiting for landing interview will not be granted PR status till the time travel restrictions are lifted?

"Offices in the Centralized and Domestic Networks will continue to process permanent residence applications where the principal applicant is in Canada and has overseas dependants, taking into account the delays that may occur. The principal applicant should not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependants cannot travel. Clients will be contacted to ascertain next steps once travel is possible again"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk
A bit confused on the below. Could you please help to clarify it?

According to the information on CIC website, principal applicant will not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependents cannot travel. Does it mean already approved applications whose dependents are overseas and principal applicant in Canada - waiting for landing interview will not be granted PR status till the time travel restrictions are lifted?

"Offices in the Centralized and Domestic Networks will continue to process permanent residence applications where the principal applicant is in Canada and has overseas dependants, taking into account the delays that may occur. The principal applicant should not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependants cannot travel. Clients will be contacted to ascertain next steps once travel is possible again"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
Correct. Once the PA has landed, the app is finalized, meaning that the COPRs for the overseas dependents can't be extended. The PA would then have to sponsor the dependents, a brand new app from the beginning.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Correct. Once the PA has landed, the app is finalized, meaning that the COPRs for the overseas dependents can't be extended. The PA would then have to sponsor the dependents, a brand new app from the beginning.
Thank you for the info. Last week when I sent an inquiry email to local IRCC office requesting for landing interview details, they responded me with the below. What do I infer? (I am CEC inland and overseas dependent got PPR 3 weeks back)

=================
Good Day,

You should receive information regarding your permanent residence in the next coming weeks.

We appreciate your patience at this time as our office is currently working with minimal staff.

Thank you,
=================

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for the info. Last week when I sent an inquiry email to local IRCC office requesting for landing interview details, they responded me with the below. What do I infer? (I am CEC inland and overseas dependent got PPR 3 weeks back)

=================
Good Day,

You should receive information regarding your permanent residence in the next coming weeks.

We appreciate your patience at this time as our office is currently working with minimal staff.

Thank you,
=================
They'll contact you. If your dependents can't travel, you need to let IRCC know.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
They'll contact you. If your dependents can't travel, you need to let IRCC know.
As of today, I believe all the international flights have been suspended. So I think no one would be able to travel, and this cannot be predicted as in when the international flights will resume their services.

One last question, though its a silly one - Do they ask the principal applicant if the dependent can travel and based on the client's response, they grant the PR status? or they are aware about which countries have travel restrictions imposed and accordingly take decisions?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As of today, I believe all the international flights have been suspended. So I think no one would be able to travel, and this cannot be predicted as in when the international flights will resume their services.

One last question, though its a silly one - Do they ask the principal applicant if the dependent can travel and based on the client's response, they grant the PR status? or they are aware about which countries have travel restrictions imposed and accordingly take decisions?
Entirely your responsibility to inform IRCC if your dependents can't travel.

brs.123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
What does this mean. I am inland applicant and my spouse is outland? they will not grant me PR?