+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC inland applicant with spouse outland - post COPR process

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Ooh, I see what you mean.

She went with the letter addressed to me.

She also submitted all the requested documents together with the letter.
Hi Porlo87,

how you get done your spouse biometrics?

1.were they send a letter in mycic account to get biometrics done in spouse residing country or did you requested by email or web form about spouse bio metrics instructions?
2. how many days they gave one time entry VISA / PR VISA for your spouse, as she is out land

3. if possible, pls share you and your spouse landing timelines as i am in same boat (primary applicant - canada, spouse- india)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

brs.123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Hi,

Please tell me, I am in the same boat. I will be applying for my PR in September. I have few concerns. My CRS score is 460 at this point. Waiting to complete my one year in one month.

1. My husband is back home and I am the principal applicant residing and working in Canada on the PGWP. I will be applying under CEC. Will the application process at different offices, his outland and my Inland or both outland cuz he is not in canada?

2. He will submit biometrics there but do I have to give biometrics? I believe there is no office in Canada so Do I have to go out of country?

3. Will the processing time is greater if one is inland or one in outland?

4. Can I travel and visit him while my inland application is in process?

Please reply in detail

Thanks in Advance

mindfreaak

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hi,

Please tell me, I am in the same boat. I will be applying for my PR in September. I have few concerns. My CRS score is 460 at this point. Waiting to complete my one year in one month.

1. My husband is back home and I am the principal applicant residing and working in Canada on the PGWP. I will be applying under CEC. Will the application process at different offices, his outland and my Inland or both outland cuz he is not in canada?

2. He will submit biometrics there but do I have to give biometrics? I believe there is no office in Canada so Do I have to go out of country?

3. Will the processing time is greater if one is inland or one in outland?

4. Can I travel and visit him while my inland application is in process?

Please reply in detail

Thanks in Advance

I will reply based on MY EXPERIENCE, I'm not an expert! I will just say what happened with me

1- No, it was processed at the same office

2- You don't have to give biometrics, and if he was in Canada before, I think he won't give them either

3- Nope, My application lasted for 2 months which is very low comparing to average. Nobody cann tell what could delay or accelerate the process

4- Yes you can, BUT, you have to verify if you need a travel visa or so

brs.123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
congratulations. Did you get your PR? My husband never came to canada I believe he has to give his biometrics.

Thanks, for the update

sushminder

Jan 15, 2019
hii Guys,

i am in India and my spouse is in Canada, she got her COPR , but i still dont get my email to submit my passport even after sending 3 emails (explanation letters). my question is as i am dependent and she is primary candidate, can i submit my passport at VFS , Delhi with explanation letter.

PS - She got PPR from Ottawa office and i am in Delhi(out of canada)

porlo87

Oct 7, 2017
hii Guys,

i am in India and my spouse is in Canada, she got her COPR , but i still dont get my email to submit my passport even after sending 3 emails (explanation letters). my question is as i am dependent and she is primary candidate, can i submit my passport at VFS , Delhi with explanation letter.

PS - She got PPR from Ottawa office and i am in Delhi(out of canada)
Check the contents of her PPR letter, though it was addressed to your wife, it might have stated how you should submit your Passport to a VFS office in Delhi.

Manan Parikh

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
Hi, I am a CEC inland applicant. have applied for my PR application (AOR date July 14). My work permit will expire on 30th Nov 2019 and I have booked my tickets for 29th Nov back to my home country. If I receive a PPR request in December 2019 then can I send my passport from India? My visa office is Sidney, Nova Scotia

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi, I am a CEC inland applicant. have applied for my PR application (AOR date July 14). My work permit will expire on 30th Nov 2019 and I have booked my tickets for 29th Nov back to my home country. If I receive a PPR request in December 2019 then can I send my passport from India? My visa office is Sidney, Nova Scotia
Yes you can, you'll have to inform CIC about this before then. You can extend your work permit by applying for a BOWP (I did). Did you apply? Or you don't qualify?