+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC: CRIMINALITY & SECURITY CHECK TIMELINE

thuhien.tu

Star Member
May 28, 2020
hello everyone,

AOR: July 29th,2020
Eligibility: pass on Sept 21,2020 (per the agent)
Medical : Sept 18,2020
Biometrics: exempted, Oct 5th,2020

my VO is Sydney. My application hasn't been moved/updated since October. I've called IRCC many times but same reply each time: Background check is still in process (criminality is in process, security hasn't started yet).

Anyone is on the same page? Do you know why it takes so long to process the criminality and security check?

thanks

Jessisd

Apr 20, 2020
Hi Guys,

Anybody here got the CoPR already? My AOR is April 27, 2020. Completed Biometrics on November 17. Everything is passed except for Criminality. I assume just waiting for officer to review and pass biometrics. However, nobody has touched my file since July.

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi Guys,

Anybody here got the CoPR already? My AOR is April 27, 2020. Completed Biometrics on November 17. Everything is passed except for Criminality. I assume just waiting for officer to review and pass biometrics. However, nobody has touched my file since July.
I received my CoPR on April 29th. My Criminality was completed on the 9th, but I only got a GU that day, nothing changed. I didn't know everything was passed until I got the approval the 28th. So if you see a GU and nothing has changed, that probably means they have completed your background check.

Reactions: Jessisd

elfei

Aug 19, 2020
I was asked for Family Information Form a month ago. Does it mean my security check has been started?
AOR: 1Nov2020

virender88311

May 17, 2021
hello everyone,

AOR: July 29th,2020
Eligibility: pass on Sept 21,2020 (per the agent)
Medical : Sept 18,2020
Biometrics: exempted, Oct 5th,2020

my VO is Sydney. My application hasn't been moved/updated since October. I've called IRCC many times but same reply each time: Background check is still in process (criminality is in process, security hasn't started yet).

Anyone is on the same page? Do you know why it takes so long to process the criminality and security check?

thanks
did you get ur copr now ?

Projectina

Jul 5, 2021
Hey guys,
It is extremely nerve-wrecking. I have too many life decisions to be made upon my immigration status, and all of that delay is upsetting and frustrating. COVID-19 was a major factor, but I cannot understand how some applications in 2021 are finished while many 2020 applications are struggling in stages for long. I am sure there are lots of people like me, if not worse.

My case: CEC-inland
- My AOR was Oct 2020,
- Med passed November 2020
- Did not need biometrics
- Eligibility: passed on May 1st
- Criminality: Started -in progress since May 1st, I was requested to provide RCMP with a deadline of June 6th. It took RCMP more than a month to send it to me.
Requested extension of RCPM submission deadline on June 4th 2021
Submitted the RCMP once received on June 16th 2021
Got a reply to my letter of explanation on June 23rd about approval of extension, as if my submitted RCMP was not even seen by the officer.
so I sent RCMP again on June 23 2021

- Info sharing: in progress
- Security: Not started

I truly see a lot of delays for truly bizarre reasons, and seeing other 2021 applications with their COPR given makes me wonder what is really going on. At some point this backlog will cause extra backlogs since delay means: needing to renew med exam, RCMP, etc further and further.

I hope after all this wait, I receive the good news of approving my case. I was optimistic after knowing that my eligibility is passed. the game of waiting and endless patience is truly upsetting and nerve wrecking

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Hey guys,
It is extremely nerve-wrecking. I have too many life decisions to be made upon my immigration status, and all of that delay is upsetting and frustrating. COVID-19 was a major factor, but I cannot understand how some applications in 2021 are finished while many 2020 applications are struggling in stages for long. I am sure there are lots of people like me, if not worse.

- My AOR was Oct 2020,
- Criminality: Started -in progress since May 1st, I was requested to provide RCMP with a deadline of June 6th. It took RCMP more than a month to send it to me.
Got a reply to my letter of explanation on June 23rd about approval of extension, as if my submitted RCMP was not even seen by the officer.

I truly see a lot of delays for truly bizarre reasons, and seeing other 2021 applications with their COPR given makes me wonder what is really going on. At some point this backlog will cause extra backlogs since delay means: needing to renew med exam, RCMP, etc further and further.

I hope after all this wait, I receive the good news of approving my case. I was optimistic after knowing that my eligibility is passed. the game of waiting and endless patience is truly upsetting and nerve wrecking
It’s an assault on our well-being indeed. I’m also waiting on security to be started. Criminality passed since October. Now medical is expired. My AOR is May 16, 2020. I feel really depressed about the whole IRCC thing.

Reactions: shredder

proprek1986

Star Member
Jun 20, 2021
I have
Hey guys,

- My AOR was Oct 2020,

I have similar situation, but since April 2020... Wait wait wait...