+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC: CRIMINALITY & SECURITY CHECK TIMELINE

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hello guys,

I submitted my Express Entry (CEC) application on March 9th, 2020.
- Spouse Biometrics: Sept 2nd, 2020
- My Biometrics: Oct 9th, 2020

It's already past the normal processing timeline.

On Wednesday, Oct 21st, 2020, I called the IRCC call center and the lady that I spoke with said that my Eligibility, Criminality and Security all shows completed and that all that is missing is a final decision

I also ordered a GCMS note which was received on Oct 3rd, 2020. It clearly shows that they haven't started my criminality at that time.

GCMS note screenshot

Question:

1. Looking at the GCMS note that I received a couple of weeks before I called her, do you think the criminality would have been completed?
  2. Should I take her above statement seriously?
  3. How long does it take to come to a final decision?

Last edited:

planetch

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hey, I am also in the same situation AOR 10th May. I called up IRCC and was told all stages are cleared except Criminal and i did asked how much time it would take (from her experience/observation) but she said it depends on case to case basis.

I plan to call helpline sometime this week again.

Also, did you initiated RCMP Criminal check? I am thinking of doing it before hand so if they i can submit on same day.

Reactions: Hummingbird89

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hey, I am also in the same situation AOR 10th May. I called up IRCC and was told all stages are cleared except Criminal and i did asked how much time it would take (from her experience/observation) but she said it depends on case to case basis.

I plan to call helpline sometime this week again.

Also, did you initiated RCMP Criminal check? I am thinking of doing it before hand so if they i can submit on same day.
I am really sorry you are going through this too.

How can I initiate the RCMP check?

Also, the lady said all checks have been completed except final decision.

planetch

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
I am really sorry you are going through this too.

How can I initiate the RCMP check?

Also, the lady said all checks have been completed except final decision.
Oh! you are a step ahead. Your case is at Final Decision.

RCMP is Canadian police back ground check (i think requested mostly for applicants applying from inside Canada, again not sure if everyone is asked). Since my case is pending at Criminal check i wanted to save time by getting it done advance and submit it if asked.

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Hi,
Stuck at criminality step since October 7th as my biometrics were submitted on that day.
Called in several times till today, No update whatsoever
I have completed RCMP too.

kajnala

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Hi All,
CEC inland
called CIC today and representative told me that everything has been passed and no additional info require and timeline is 100%. waiting for visa officer to give decision and closed the file. any idea about timeline of copr

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Hi All,
CEC inland
called CIC today and representative told me that everything has been passed and no additional info require and timeline is 100%. waiting for visa officer to give decision and closed the file. any idea about timeline of copr
Are you biometrics exempt?
AOR?

planetch

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi,
Stuck at criminality step since October 7th as my biometrics were submitted on that day.
Called in several times till today, No update whatsoever
I have completed RCMP too.
Have you applied to inland CEC? and were you asked for RCMP check?

Pls share process for RCMP check.

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Have you applied to inland CEC? and were you asked for RCMP check?

Pls share process for RCMP check.
Yes I am inland CEC.
I have done that before hand as in case IRCC ask for RCMP it will help the process.
For inland I am not sure if it is required or not.