+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC: CRIMINALITY & SECURITY CHECK TIMELINE

smurfgirl

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Hello guys,
I am aor 7th march cec, inland with spouse
Med and bio done two weeks after.
Since then no updates! Few ghost updates on the profile but never received an email!
I got my bowp approved 23rd june!
Anyone similar details ?
I am planning on going out of the country in 2 months.. my question is: lets say I get the PR approved within the next 2 month ( hopefully) even tho I would not have my pr card can i leave the country ? Is there a way ? Or different possibility; I am out of the country and get my PR approved can I still come back just like that or do I do paper work for that ?
Does anyone knows anything about it ? Or ever experienced it themselves ?
Thanks kindly :)

Rita2199

Jul 18, 2018
Hello all,

Could I please how long does it usually take to pass the security check after eligibility and criminality got passed?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Hello all,

Could I please how long does it usually take to pass the security check after eligibility and criminality got passed?
Depends on what IRCC wants to do. Some are passed same day, some 2 weeks, some 1 year. My eligibility and criminality passed Oct 2020 and I’m still waiting for security to start. What’s your AOR. If it’s sometime this year, you’re in luck

Rita2199

Jul 18, 2018
Depends on what IRCC wants to do. Some are passed same day, some 2 weeks, some 1 year. My eligibility and criminality passed Oct 2020 and I’m still waiting for security to start. What’s your AOR. If it’s sometime this year, you’re in luck

My AOR is 2021.05.04.
Why have not they start your security check?
Have you tried to call IRCC? Which office is processing your application?

grattan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hello all,

same here everything passed but security not start. please share if anything good news in your account.

Rita2199

Jul 18, 2018
same here everything passed but security not start. please share if anything good news in your account.
Sure, I will keep you posted.
By the way, which office is processing your application and when is your AOR?
When did you know your eligibility and criminality got passed ?

Flower19

Jan 4, 2022
Hey guys,
It is extremely nerve-wrecking. I have too many life decisions to be made upon my immigration status, and all of that delay is upsetting and frustrating. COVID-19 was a major factor, but I cannot understand how some applications in 2021 are finished while many 2020 applications are struggling in stages for long. I am sure there are lots of people like me, if not worse.

My case: CEC-inland
- My AOR was Oct 2020,
- Med passed November 2020
- Did not need biometrics
- Eligibility: passed on May 1st
- Criminality: Started -in progress since May 1st, I was requested to provide RCMP with a deadline of June 6th. It took RCMP more than a month to send it to me.
Requested extension of RCPM submission deadline on June 4th 2021
Submitted the RCMP once received on June 16th 2021
Got a reply to my letter of explanation on June 23rd about approval of extension, as if my submitted RCMP was not even seen by the officer.
so I sent RCMP again on June 23 2021

- Info sharing: in progress
- Security: Not started

I truly see a lot of delays for truly bizarre reasons, and seeing other 2021 applications with their COPR given makes me wonder what is really going on. At some point this backlog will cause extra backlogs since delay means: needing to renew med exam, RCMP, etc further and further.

I hope after all this wait, I receive the good news of approving my case. I was optimistic after knowing that my eligibility is passed. the game of waiting and endless patience is truly upsetting and nerve wrecking
Hi there how did you submit your request for the extension? Due to covid the RCMP processing time are longer, and I am going to miss the deadline they provided me. Thank you

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi there how did you submit your request for the extension? Due to covid the RCMP processing time are longer, and I am going to miss the deadline they provided me. Thank you
Whats your deadline? When did you apply for RCMP? My deadline is Jan 14th.

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
Anyone stuck in Background check now .

My file background check status changed to "inprogress " on july 2021. Still no update after 6 months almost. for those who got same status like me got PR card in two months.

even though I am 2021 my file is not moving. guess not sure how ircc does process the files in general

shubham_bohra94

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Anyone stuck in Background check now .

My file background check status changed to "inprogress " on july 2021. Still no update after 6 months almost. for those who got same status like me got PR card in two months.

even though I am 2021 my file is not moving. guess not sure how ircc does process the files in general
Did you get the approval? If yes when and how long it took for you? I'm in similar situation as yours.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Hi,
Stuck at criminality step since October 7th as my biometrics were submitted on that day.
Called in several times till today, No update whatsoever
I have completed RCMP too.
How did this turn out? How many months or weeks after your biometrics did you get your approval?

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
If you have passed the criminality, how long does it take for security and eligibility to be completed? Thanks in advance.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Anyone know biometrics is use for Criminality or Security check? I gave biometrics on Oct 14th, called IRCC today, get:
- Criminality: passed
- Security: not started
When did they finally start your security check? What was the duration between your criminality being passed, then your security check and getting your final decision? Thanks in advance.