+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2019 AOR Group - Applicants Join Here

bubai

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
AOR : 19-July-2019
MEP : 16-August-2019
No response till now .... CEC inland .... any idea how CEC inland is progressing

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
ITA- 12th August
Trying to get proof of finance
Did anyone use pay stubs as proof of finance or bank statements?
If you enter 0 in POF, then it won't ask for it. As you applied under CEC, you should enter 0.

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
Hello, I submitted mi APR last night, the official date was Sep 04, 2019 (today). I got AOR immediately. There's no other group for Sep applicants so I'll keep an eye on this one :)

I'm an inland applicant and I have a question regarding the biometrics fee, in my document checklist it always showed the processing fee and the right of permanent residence fee, no biometrics fee. I though that one will appear when they ask me to give my biometrics but reading on CIC website, after submitting my application, I got worried as it says I had to pay all my fees to avoid delays in my Application (included the biometrics fee), but I never saw it!!

Biometrics fee

In most cases, you must pay a biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays. The biometrics fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and a digital photo.

After you pay the biometrics fee with a complete application, we’ll send you a letter confirming that you need to give your biometrics and where you can go. You must show this letter when you give your biometrics.

Looking for more info, I got to this note regarding the biometrics fee:

Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence

However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.

[Link here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/fees/immigration/general/biometric.html]

Does that mean inland applicants won't be asked to give biometrics (and consequently, not paying that fee with our applications) until they decide to lift this "public policy exemption"?
Does any inland applicant in this thread paid the biometrics fee? or did I do something wrong at some point that it didn't show this fee when I submitted my APR?
What fees were you asked to pay for with your application?

Let me know your experiences, this is only one tiny doubt of many many others I have. It makes me crazy nervous applying and do something wrong. Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone!

CRS: 459 | Stream: Canadian Experience Class (Inland)
ITA: 24-July-2019
AOR: 04-Sep-19

a-imperator

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Hello, I submitted mi APR last night, the official date was Sep 04, 2019 (today). I got AOR immediately. There's no other group for Sep applicants so I'll keep an eye on this one :)

I'm an inland applicant and I have a question regarding the biometrics fee, in my document checklist it always showed the processing fee and the right of permanent residence fee, no biometrics fee. I though that one will appear when they ask me to give my biometrics but reading on CIC website, after submitting my application, I got worried as it says I had to pay all my fees to avoid delays in my Application (included the biometrics fee), but I never saw it!!

Does that mean inland applicants won't be asked to give biometrics (and consequently, not paying that fee with our applications) until they decide to lift this "public policy exemption"?
Does any inland applicant in this thread paid the biometrics fee? or did I do something wrong at some point that it didn't show this fee when I submitted my APR?
What fees were you asked to pay for with your application?

Let me know your experiences, this is only one tiny doubt of many many others I have. It makes me crazy nervous applying and do something wrong. Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone!

CRS: 459 | Stream: Canadian Experience Class (Inland)
ITA: 24-July-2019
AOR: 04-Sep-19
Hey! Welcome to the August group. I was in the exact same dilemma when I submitted my CEC application. I heard all this talk from FSW applicants about biometrics and I panicked. Went asking everywhere and everyone

All i can say is don't worry: your conclusion is correct. Inland applicants are not required to do biometrics as there are no facilities in Canada for this.

However, in place of biometrics some CEC applicants might get a request to get a "Royal Mounted Police Certificate" (RCMP). This is technically a "biometrics" procedure where you go take a picture and give your fingerprints in a police station or some other approved location.
You may or may NOT get this request so don't over think it. For now we do not do any biometrics and just wait further instructions.

Good Luck!

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
Hey! Welcome to the August group. I was in the exact same dilemma when I submitted my CEC application. I heard all this talk from FSW applicants about biometrics and I panicked. Went asking everywhere and everyone

All i can say is don't worry: your conclusion is correct. Inland applicants are not required to do biometrics as there are no facilities in Canada for this.

However, in place of biometrics some CEC applicants might get a request to get a "Royal Mounted Police Certificate" (RCMP). This is technically a "biometrics" procedure where you go take a picture and give your fingerprints in a police station or some other approved location.
You may or may NOT get this request so don't over think it. For now we do not do any biometrics and just wait further instructions.

Good Luck!
Thank you for your quick response! One less thing to worry about ;)

Reactions: a-imperator