+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

Aize

Feb 3, 2019
Jst a lil reminder... do not forget apply for a work permit extension if ur current one is about to expire.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
I'm actually surprised to hear so many people from August still waiting! Like @Aize said, there's pretty much nothing you can do but wait patiently. Stay positive and hopefully you hear from CIC soon!

I think you must apply to extend your work permit if it's expiring within 3 months. Just double check on the CIC website.
Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: Aize

Aize

Feb 3, 2019
how soon would you say one should apply for an extension. Mine is expiring in july.
As long as u apply before ur current one expires. But I wish I had done mine earlier so I can apply for a re entry visa because I need for it to be approved before I can apply for a visa.

Bourne78

Mar 20, 2019
For the bridging work permit application they ask if you are approved in principle. What does that mean? Are we approved in principle if our PR application is in process?

Jay17.j

Aug 19, 2018
For the bridging work permit application they ask if you are approved in principle. What does that mean? Are we approved in principle if our PR application is in process?
Hello my friend see link below for reference;

Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP)

Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

qw19367

Nov 6, 2018
Hey guys....
I applied using an agency under CEC system back in August 7, 2018... It has been 8 months by now and I have never heard anything from CIC- no additional documents required, no news, no updated...
Medical passed in September and last time I call CIC in March, 2018, I was advised that my file was still in the Criminality check since August 28th, security check hasn't even started.... :( I am so frustrated as I couldn't do anything- like change my jobs or travels during this time.
Only god would know how much longer I will have to wait- although my case is quite straight forward, got an degree and three years of working experience in Canada, inland applicant.
I heard rumor that if we submitted the GCMS notes it might help to remind CIC about your cases, hence fasten the process... Has anyone experienced such a long timeline like myself? any suggestions about the GCMS notes? I'm more than happy to connect and share the long wait period with you. It is such a desperate waiting game for all of us :)

demzz

Apr 1, 2019
Hey guys....
I applied using an agency under CEC system back in August 7, 2018... It has been 8 months by now and I have never heard anything from CIC- no additional documents required, no news, no updated...
Medical passed in September and last time I call CIC in March, 2018, I was advised that my file was still in the Criminality check since August 28th, security check hasn't even started.... :( I am so frustrated as I couldn't do anything- like change my jobs or travels during this time.
Only god would know how much longer I will have to wait- although my case is quite straight forward, got an degree and three years of working experience in Canada, inland applicant.
I heard rumor that if we submitted the GCMS notes it might help to remind CIC about your cases, hence fasten the process... Has anyone experienced such a long timeline like myself? any suggestions about the GCMS notes? I'm more than happy to connect and share the long wait period with you. It is such a desperate waiting game for all of us :)
Hello I am in the exact same predicament as you are in. submitted mine on august 1st. Been in canada since 2011, went to uni and been working post graduation. I suggest you dont stress about it. I think there is a backlog in the system. It will come out eventually. I spoke to an agent that told me that they received the highest number of CEC applicants last year and they are overwhelmed.Dont worry you are close to the finish line!

qw19367

Nov 6, 2018
Hello I am in the exact same predicament as you are in. submitted mine on august 1st. Been in canada since 2011, went to uni and been working post graduation. I suggest you dont stress about it. I think there is a backlog in the system. It will come out eventually. I spoke to an agent that told me that they received the highest number of CEC applicants last year and they are overwhelmed.Dont worry you are close to the finish line!
Thank you for your reply- It helps a lot... This situation worries me almost everyday since Feb, especially all my friends already received news about their PRs. I wish you all the best and hopefully they will let us know the news before end of this month!

demzz

Apr 1, 2019
Thank you for your reply- It helps a lot... This situation worries me almost everyday since Feb, especially all my friends already received news about their PRs. I wish you all the best and hopefully they will let us know the news before end of this month!
I wish you the best too. I will definitely let you know if i get any information or I am contacted :).. I wish you the best as well

Aize

Feb 3, 2019
We know how u feel, just try and stay positive, u are not alone. Praying for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: qw19367 and jacam

zahramaslavi

Apr 9, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am in the exact situation as the above conversation. My AOR was on 19 August (almost 8 months ago), medical passed immediately and I had two additional document request after that. The last one was 2 months ago and I took action immediately. No updates after that.
I already sent a webform request for updates about my application. If you guys know of any other way to follow up with the application update please let me know. I thought of calling the immigration but I could not find any number.

I have another question and I would appreciate if anyone can answer. My question is I am not sure on which stream I applied (nothing is mentioned on my application). I only know that I was eligible for Canadian Experience Class. I applied for BC PNP and I got 600 extra points on my express entry profile. Then I finished my application as I was instructed by the online forms on express entry. Now I am not sure if I am under PNP Inland or CEC. I need to know this to be able to track similar cases on immigration tracker spreadsheets.

Thanks.

Bourne78

Mar 20, 2019
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Inland CEC, AOR Aug 25. Only medical passed update and one ghost updated. No document request. Still waiting. Not much we can do. Stay positive and hope for the best!

Reactions: qw19367