+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC August 2018 Applicants

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Its a bit frustrating.. couple of my friends got PR within a month.. have no idea how they process the background check.. my TRV has expired last month. Thought, I would get the PR soon, thats ehy did not renew it. But, now it seems, its better to renew the TRV as there is no definite timeline for PR.
Just leave the TRV application, waste of $100.0. I applied on November 5th, still waiting for TRV. Called today and they said they have backlog and wont check my application until end of December or new year. So just dont apply because you will probably get PR before they do your TRV.

Reactions: nilnitesh

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Just leave the TRV application, waste of $100.0. I applied on November 5th, still waiting for TRV. Called today and they said they have backlog and wont check my application until end of December or new year. So just dont apply because you will probably get PR before they do your TRV.
Thank you so much for the info. Then, will wait..

harsh732

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Its a bit frustrating.. couple of my friends got PR within a month.. have no idea how they process the background check.. my TRV has expired last month. Thought, I would get the PR soon, thats ehy did not renew it. But, now it seems, its better to renew the TRV as there is no definite timeline for PR.
Yeah I can understand, but only thing we can do is wait. Every time i call them they say background check in progress. Dont knw how much time is required for background check, its already in 5th month now

Cecinland

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
do they tell you how long it take to get your passport back?
just wondering because i do not have any other ID and i need to travel at the end of December. Assuming i get PPR in between lol
No it wasn't mentioned. The message just stated that I need to send passports within 30 days

Reactions: movais

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Hello Good people, expecting your kind suggestions.. My wife just accepted into a masters program for January session. However, she is currently on open work permit. Also its been 4 months we applied for PR but there is no update. She'll not be able to get study permit before January. We thought to differ her admission, but her supervisor wants her to start from January.

Is there any way she can study with her open work permit and eventually she will apply for her study permit as soon as possible?

movais

Sep 10, 2018
No, she's not allowed to study under work permit. If you guys were serious about the studies, you would have applied for the study permit earlier in case. Now she has to give up her spot and apply later when she gets PR or study permit.
"If you guys were serious about the studies, you would have applied for the study permit earlier in case." Chill dude lol

ktmerritt

Jan 10, 2018
Hey all. So I logged into our account last night and under Permanent Residency application, it said "Application Updated". We haven't received an email from CIC and now when we log back in, it just says "Submitted". Is this a ghost update? Our AOR is August 28th

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hey all. So I logged into our account last night and under Permanent Residency application, it said "Application Updated". We haven't received an email from CIC and now when we log back in, it just says "Submitted". Is this a ghost update? Our AOR is August 28th
Yep, ghost update

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Yes my friend! Good news is round the corner :)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
bruh 2 ghost update here.... :(
Don't worry! Time gap between my ghost update (+Approval) and PPR email was 33 days. :)
For some people it's just a day or 2.

Anything can happen here. ;)
Keep looking, my friend!

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Don't worry! Time gap between my ghost update (+Approval) and PPR email was 33 days. :)
For some people it's just a day or 2.

Anything can happen here. ;)
Keep looking, my friend!
i don't know if i should take it as a positive note or negative lol? I have to travel on 20th of December. I don't think i can do it...:(

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
i don't know if i should take it as a positive note or negative lol? I have to travel on 20th of December. I don't think i can do it...:(
Why are you worried? I got my PPR on 26 Nov. I am flying India, tomorrow!