CEC - August 2014 application

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AK84 said:
Hi Guys,

I am Sept 5th applicant, just wondering if i go for upfront medical as i booked appointment but i saw August 25th got MR request so is it better to wait for CIC request ?

Please suggest, :)

thanks,

AK84

another reason not to do the medical unless requested cz you never know what might happen, One application got rejected.

Pal1988

Jan 29, 2016
this is the email from them

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:
· knowledge of English or French,
· Canadian skilled work experience,
· temporary resident status during the period of work experience in Canada
Your application was assessed based on the occupations which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada:
I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirements because you did not provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate you performed the actions described in the lead statement for NOC 0632(Accommodation service managers).
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Pal1988

Jan 29, 2016
I already applied for GCMS notes, but do in really have to appeal within 15 days. i mean gcms notes would arrive after a month!!

sf1234

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
Med's Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016 RPRF Upfront..: 07-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Pal1988 said:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:
Your application was assessed based on the occupations which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada:
I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirements because you did not provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate you performed the actions described in the lead statement for NOC 0632(Accommodation service managers).
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Did you provide a letter from your employer outlining your duties that somewhat matches with NOC 0632?
Did you provide tax NOA?

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pal1988 said:

Hi pal,

I am sorry your application got rejected. as I understand from this letter, that the job description as per the letter of employment u submitted and/or salary you earn does not match the job u applied for.

if u need to appeal make you use the description CIC defines to NOC 0632(Accommodation service managers).

I don't know how to appeal the rejection. and what is the procedure as the old program we applied for is discontinued and is now replaced by EE.

Make a full research on both - appeal and EE - you might be better, faster and cheaper to apply under EE.

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
sf1234 said:
Did you provide a letter from your employer outlining your duties that somewhat matches with NOC 0632?
Did you provide tax NOA?
And the salary should be in the reasonable range for your occupation

Pal1988

Jan 29, 2016
Ofcourse bro, i did provided my work experienc letter with roles and duties that is too double checked and matched with NOC 0632 from their website. plus t4 slips as well. that is making me more upset as i provided all docs still its a lack of evidence for them and that is too they are saying after 17 months.

Pal1988

Jan 29, 2016
teb said:
Hi pal,

I am sorry your application got rejected. as I understand from this letter, that the job description as per the letter of employment u submitted and/or salary you earn does not match the job u applied for.

if u need to appeal make you use the description CIC defines to NOC 0632(Accommodation service managers).

I don't know how to appeal the rejection. and what is the procedure as the old program we applied for is discontinued and is now replaced by EE.

Make a full research on both - appeal and EE - you might be better, faster and cheaper to apply under EE.

Hi Teb

I have no clue what it could be but i am sure i double checked the roles and duties from their website checking the NOC 0632. Salary as well was above min and below median but it was in somewhere middle. now i am trying to find out how to appeal against it but there is no clue on their website. i am going to see few lawers/agents tomorrow but don't want to end up paying 1000's of $$ to them for something which would be useless. fingers crossed. Another weird thing is the ECAS is still showing medicals recvd

Mikee21

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Beverley
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241/4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
09-03-16
Med's Done....
15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Pal1988 said:
Ofcourse bro, i did provided my work experienc letter with roles and duties that is too double checked and matched with NOC 0632 from their website. plus t4 slips as well. that is making me more upset as i provided all docs still its a lack of evidence for them and that is too they are saying after 17 months.
I'm sorry man, I have nothing to add other than offer my empathy. It must be awful to receive this new after waiting so long.

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Pal1988 said:
It has to do with your salary for 0632 the mean hourly rate is $21.69 if your pay is less than that number, it may raise questions

poiuy

Nov 17, 2014
Hello,

Did any mid August applicant received GCMS notes? I wanted to know if there is some progress or I'll have to wait before asking them. I called the agent but he did not say anything. He didn't even open my file. He said that on march I will maybe hear something from CIC.

Thank you.

sf1234

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
Med's Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016 RPRF Upfront..: 07-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
heroforest said:
It has to do with your salary for 0632 the mean hourly rate is $21.69 if your pay is less than that number, it may raise questions
How do we find out what the mean salary is for a NOC code?

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
sf1234 said:
[/quote

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/LMI_report_area.do?reportOption=wage&PROVINCE_ID=35&GEOAREA_CD=27236&selectLocation=Continue

Mikee21

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Beverley
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241/4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
09-03-16
Med's Done....
15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
sf1234 said:
I don't know but it's BS if they reject an application because someone got paid less than expected, beside it's all relative. My first job in Canada paid really well, then I moved to Niagara and asked for the same salary but they came back with an offered $10k lower saying the cost of living is lower and I shouldn't compare salary's to Toronto area. Point is mean salary's don't mean anything, most industry's and build around a diversified economy so, you might only get $15 an hour where some else could be paid $100 an hour for doing the same job at a different company.

If this is really the case it seems very unfair, I would speak to your local MP and have the decision revisited. If you qualified for PR in all other area's and your work history is open to interpretation then I imagine it will be possible to provide further clarification and have the decision over turned.

Good luck

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Mikee21 said:
I don't know but it's BS if they reject an application because someone got paid less than expected, beside it's all relative. My first job in Canada paid really well, then I moved to Niagara and asked for the same salary but they came back with an offered $10k lower saying the cost of living is lower and I shouldn't compare salary's to Toronto area. Point is mean salary's don't mean anything, most industry's and build around a diversified economy so, you might only get $15 an hour where some else could be paid $100 an hour for doing the same job at a different company.

If this is really the case it seems very unfair, I would speak to your local MP and have the decision revisited. If you qualified for PR in all other area's and your work history is open to interpretation then I imagine it will be possible to provide further clarification and have the decision over turned.

Good luck
Yah, i agree that too. But lower salary will raise questions may not necessarily lead to a rejection, probably it's the reason for a second review as i notice some of the GMCS notes mentioned about a lower salary issue.

Another thing need to be point out is that they used to send you a mail and give you an opportunity to explian or clarify your duties within 60 days. Now they just reject your application rightaway?