+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pal1988 said:
Ofcourse bro, i did provided my work experienc letter with roles and duties that is too double checked and matched with NOC 0632 from their website. plus t4 slips as well. that is making me more upset as i provided all docs still its a lack of evidence for them and that is too they are saying after 17 months.
does your boss or hr get call from CIC ? or the info on your letter is not correct at all now ?

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
The salary thing is a joke! Why else does Canada have a "minimum wage"?
It allows employers to give you the minimum and employees to ask for the minimum, which is all legal.
Anything above is an agreement between the employer & employee. Apparently, the system does not work.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its got nothing to do with the salary.. the email clearly states that his job description does not qualify for the noc he chose for his application..

salary like mentioned below is all relative and depends from company to company a big company might pay you more or less than a smaller company for the same role..

it comes down to the job description.

really unfortunate and disappointing from cic.. they couldve done this a year back.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pal1988 said:
this is the email from them

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:
· knowledge of English or French,
· Canadian skilled work experience,
· temporary resident status during the period of work experience in Canada
Your application was assessed based on the occupations which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada:
I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirements because you did not provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate you performed the actions described in the lead statement for NOC 0632(Accommodation service managers).
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
could you post your reference letter here ?

vik302

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25 feb
AOR Received.
06 jan 15
Med's Request
01-03-2016
Med's Done....
09-03-2016
Interview........
Rprf req 03 march 2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
ushiee88 said:
its got nothing to do with the salary.. the email clearly states that his job description does not qualify for the noc he chose for his application..

salary like mentioned below is all relative and depends from company to company a big company might pay you more or less than a smaller company for the same role..

really unfortunate and disappointing from cic.. they couldve done this a year back.
exactly salary issue is when you apply for lmo

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

the key here :

you did not provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate you performed the actions described in the lead statement for NOC 0632

the difference is : evidence is not enough . is not evidence is wrong .

so really need fully check your reference letter and comparing with NOC 0632

below is 0632 reference :

Main duties

Accommodation service managers perform some or all of the following duties:
Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of the department or establishment
Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies
Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities for conventions, banquets, receptions and other functions
Recruit and supervise staff, oversee training and set work schedules
Resolve customer complaints.

Employment requirements

A university degree or college diploma in hotel management or other related discipline is usually required for managers employed by hotel chains or large accommodation establishments.
Several years of experience within the accommodation industry are usually required and may substitute for formal educational requirements.

Pal1988

Jan 29, 2016
okay here is detail:

the salary for same position is 21.$$ at median now but it was below at $16 at median. and i was at 14 as it's a small boutique hotel, total staff is under 10 person. and about the roles and duties was actually prepared by me after reading NOC 0632 roles on website. So no way they can reject that as i mentioned what i read there and actually i was doing at job. so it really does not make sense to me, a lawer today told me that you cannot get a job at managerial role without any past experience which is in my case but this company has one and only position which is guest services manager. so ofcourse i will get that position only. God knows what is the logic behind it, i don't wanna waste my time in apeal but at the same time i have a feeling that appealing could make change to decision in my case.
god bless

Mikee21

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Beverley
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241/4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
09-03-16
Med's Done....
15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
ushiee88 said:

correct, I thought the person who mentioned the salary had spotted a code or something pertaining to salary, either way it sucks.

veaunz

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Pal1988 said:
okay here is detail:

the salary for same position is 21.$$ at median now but it was below at $16 at median. and i was at 14 as it's a small boutique hotel, total staff is under 10 person. and about the roles and duties was actually prepared by me after reading NOC 0632 roles on website. So no way they can reject that as i mentioned what i read there and actually i was doing at job. so it really does not make sense to me, a lawer today told me that you cannot get a job at managerial role without any past experience which is in my case but this company has one and only position which is guest services manager. so ofcourse i will get that position only. God knows what is the logic behind it, i don't wanna waste my time in apeal but at the same time i have a feeling that appealing could make change to decision in my case.
god bless
I'm so sorry to hear about your case you mentioned that in your ecas states medical received.? am i right how come they send you a medical request if they thought that your eligibility doesn't meet requirements. it doesnt make sense.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
veaunz said:
I'm so sorry to hear about your case you mentioned that in your ecas states medical received.? am i right how come they send you a medical request if they thought that your eligibility doesn't meet requirements. it doesnt make sense.
If you read through Pal's other posts he mentions he did them upfront.

sf1234

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
Med's Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016 RPRF Upfront..: 07-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Under your NOC:

Employment requirements

A university degree or college diploma in hotel management or other related discipline is usually required for managers employed by hotel chains or large accommodation establishments.
Several years of experience within the accommodation industry are usually required and may substitute for formal educational requirements.

I think the VO saw this as a problem. You were surely doing the duties, but he might be suspecting how did you get this job without the necessary experience.
Regardless, talk to a lawyer and fight it. Us speculating where it went wrong won't help. Please see a lawyer tomorrow and let us know what they think.

sf1234

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
Med's Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
What is your education background, btw? If you dont mind sharing...

Choc24

May 27, 2014
sf1234 said:
Under your NOC:

Employment requirements

I think the VO saw this as a problem. You were surely doing the duties, but he might be suspecting how did you get this job without the necessary experience.
Regardless, talk to a lawyer and fight it. Us speculating where it went wrong won't help. Please see a lawyer tomorrow and let us know what they think.
It is full of 'may' and 'usually's so I don't understand how they just denied him just like that. It seems rather unfair.

sf1234

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
Med's Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Hi Pal1988,

Would you be able to copy paste the employment letter you sent to CIC? Take out sensitive information, but leave your duties in...