+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apardhamija said:
I checked that BOWP rules changed topic and I see there are CEC applicants who have been refused BOWP. However it might be specific cases unless people who have been rejected got a rejection reason which states that they Eligibility has not been passed .

Also I saw a user who has done medicals and passed medicals as well and still his BOWP was rejected. That seems to be a different reason.

In your case you're right for waiting and applying sometime before the expiry of your BOWP and chances are that by the time you apply it will be less risk in your case.
Thank you !

I think I should be able to withdraw my application online but not sure about the refund part.

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC Req: 13-01-2016 Sent:10-02-2016 , SchedA Req & Sent : 11-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Pearl1 said:
Thank you !

I think I should be able to withdraw my application online but not sure about the refund part.
You will get the refund. Follow the link I sent earlier for requesting refund.

Here it is :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=619&t=4

I am waiting for my refund as well.

My Paper application for BOWP was returned as it was incomplete and they said as they did not process it, they will refund.

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Guys believe me...CIC cannot reject the BOWP based on the eligibility not passed...I have a strong feeling that the Eligibility that they mentioned in the rule is not the final Eligibility that we wait for but its the initial eligibility which is set to be marked as passed if our file has been scanned and considered to be complete....based on which we get the AOR...I feel that they have included the word 'AND' is to ensure that people do not submit the BOWP cases without AOR as I know people use to apply the BOWP with the hope that by the time the file would be processed they would have got the AOR...the CIC would look in the system and their positive eligibility would be checked and they would get the BOWP....
Extract from the page where the rule for BOWP is mentioned....I don't think that any of the 2014 applicants need to worry....

Paper APR: determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made

If the paper APR under one of the qualifying economic classes was submitted by mail prior to January 1, 2015, or was submitted outside of the Express Entry system, it must have a positive eligibility assessment in order for the foreign national to be eligible for a BOWP.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015) and an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter with their open work permit application.

Cabra

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport 08-03-2016
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
RPRF 03-03-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-04-2016 (Received at CIC on April 06th)
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016 (Received passports back on April 22nd)
LANDED..........
25-04-2016
Hi guys,

I am introducing myself again as the original August 2014 applicants post was deleted.

My application was received in August 26th 2014, received my AOR on Dec 19th 2014. Haven’t done upfront medicals or PRF. Haven’t heard anything from CIC since my AOR almost one year ago, and my ecas has always shown In Progress.

I have a question here for the more experienced people, to see if you have some advice. I am on an Open Work Permit that I got because my husband is a full-time student. Our permits are going to expire in May 2016 and we are wondering what we should do to extend our permits while we wait for PR. My husband is still at university and my job is permanent full-time job in my profession (NOC 2174).

I am not sure if we should request an extension of our current permits or if I should apply for BOWP. If I apply for BOWP how does my husband do for his permit? Any idea what should be our best shot on this?

Thank you.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apardhamija said:
You will get the refund. Follow the link I sent earlier for requesting refund.

Here it is :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=619&t=4

I am waiting for my refund as well.

My Paper application for BOWP was returned as it was incomplete and they said as they did not process it, they will refund.
if they return the application, they will refund fees as well.

but if we withdraw the application then its a grey area, they determine if i can get a refund or not.

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Pearl1 said:
if they return the application, they will refund fees as well.

but if we withdraw the application then its a grey area, they determine if i can get a refund or not.
Hmm, I believe then while requesting refund they ask you the reason for refund and why you decided to withdraw the application . State a solid reason and they should refund the fees.

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Cabra said:
Hi guys,

I am introducing myself again as the original August 2014 applicants post was deleted.

My application was received in August 26th 2014, received my AOR on Dec 19th 2014. Haven’t done upfront medicals or PRF. Haven’t heard anything from CIC since my AOR almost one year ago, and my ecas has always shown In Progress.

I have a question here for the more experienced people, to see if you have some advice. I am on an Open Work Permit that I got because my husband is a full-time student. Our permits are going to expire in May 2016 and we are wondering what we should do to extend our permits while we wait for PR. My husband is still at university and my job is permanent full-time job in my profession (NOC 2174).

I am not sure if we should request an extension of our current permits or if I should apply for BOWP. If I apply for BOWP how does my husband do for his permit? Any idea what should be our best shot on this?

Thank you.
First of all your work permit is dependent on your husband's study permit (SOWP)
Does your husband complete his studies before May 2016 ?
If yes for how long is he eligible for Post Grad Open Work Permit after completion of his studies?
Is your husband the primary applicant in your PR application ?

Here's the approach :

Once your husband completes the studies and gets a Post Grad Open Work Permit , you can apply for SOWP based on his new PG OWP.
You will be issued an Open Work Permit with same expiry date as his PG OWP.

However lets say he completes his studies in May 2016 and then applies for PGOWP and that takes 3 months approx. So during those three months you'll not have a valid work permit.

Also you cannot apply alone for BOWP if he's the primary applicant in your PR application.

If you both apply for BOWP before expiry of his study permit and your work permit then he would not be issued a PG OWP

If I was in your situation would discuss with a lawyer or immigration consultant.
Its a very different case.

Cabra

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport 08-03-2016
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
RPRF 03-03-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-04-2016 (Received at CIC on April 06th)
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016 (Received passports back on April 22nd)
LANDED..........
25-04-2016
Thank you apardhamija!

Yes, it is a very particular case. So in response to the questions:

No, he hasn't finished the studies yet and won't be finished by May 2016.
I am not sure for how long he's eligible, he's doing a 4 years bachelor's degree.
I am the primary applicant in the PR.

And yes, my WP depends on his, so that's why I am a bit confused in how we should approach this. I totally thought I would have my PR by this time now. So naive :(

Prem.

Nov 2, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
6x.x
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
19nov2014
Med's Request
....... waiting.......
apardhamija said:
Yes you can apply for EE while your CEC is in process Below rules apply :

1. You can apply if you have not done Medicals for CEC yet.
2. The day you receive an invitation for EE , your CEC must be in Process and you must be able to withdraw it.
As for the CEC applications you can only withdraw it till the status is "In Process"
3. You must withdraw the CEC before submitting EE documents after you receive an Invitation.

Now In case you get Medicals Request on CEC before you submit paperwork for EE then dont proceed further on EE and go do the medicals for CEC.

I am currently trying to get my transcripts for ECA required for EE just for the backup.

Once I get the transcripts and complete ECA from WES, I will see If I dont get medical request by Feb Max then I will create an EE profile and wait for the invitation.

Its a bit of an expense and currently im planning to spend money only on ECA but Im waiting positively for CEC to process further.

Im seeing some of the June CEC applicants on the June CEC Thread being finalized last week. I believe Aug applicants must be processed soon.

hello ...
my agent says we can apply in all program , if we are eligible .
Few people have a CeC under process / applied under PnP program as well as EE ..
All three file is running on respective time line and agent says nothing is wrong .

Prem.

Nov 2, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
6x.x
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
19nov2014
Med's Request
....... waiting.......
Pearl1 said:
what if you did upfront medicals for CEC ? Are you not eligible to apply for EE then ?

Hi
Is it necessary to Withdraw CeC file once we submitting documents/(appliying for EE after Invitation ) for EE ?
so in this case EE didn't decide that to give you PR and before EE decision do we have to Withdraw CeC file ?
I think we have to double check ...

Prem.

Nov 2, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
6x.x
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
19nov2014
Med's Request
....... waiting.......
apardhamija said:
Yes you can apply for EE while your CEC is in process Below rules apply :

1. You can apply if you have not done Medicals for CEC yet.
2. The day you receive an invitation for EE , your CEC must be in Process and you must be able to withdraw it.
As for the CEC applications you can only withdraw it till the status is "In Process"
3. You must withdraw the CEC before submitting EE documents after you receive an Invitation.

Now In case you get Medicals Request on CEC before you submit paperwork for EE then dont proceed further on EE and go do the medicals for CEC.

I am currently trying to get my transcripts for ECA required for EE just for the backup.

Once I get the transcripts and complete ECA from WES, I will see If I dont get medical request by Feb Max then I will create an EE profile and wait for the invitation.

Its a bit of an expense and currently im planning to spend money only on ECA but Im waiting positively for CEC to process further.

Im seeing some of the June CEC applicants on the June CEC Thread being finalized last week. I believe Aug applicants must be processed soon.

hi
what I know and my understanding is -----that we can apply in all program if we are eligible and we don't have to withdraw file based on other file document submitting ...like EE or PnP or CeC.

But if you have other detail please share.....it will help us a lot..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#7

7. What will happen to permanent residence applications you receive before the launch of Express Entry?

Applications received by CIC before the launch of Express Entry will be processed according to the rules in place at that time

Provinces/Territories

8. How will provinces and territories use the Express Entry system?

Provinces and territories will be able to nominate a certain number of foreign nationals through the Express Entry system to meet their local immigration and labour market needs. If an applicant gets a nomination from a province or territory, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply for permanent residence at the next eligible round of invitations.

Just as they manage their own Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) now, provinces and territories will set the criteria they use to nominate Express Entry candidates.

Express Entry candidates may either:
•enter the pool first, and then be nominated by a province or territory; or
•be nominated by a province or territory, and then complete an online Express Entry profile.

Note: All prospective candidates (whether PNP applicants or not) must meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs managed through Express Entry in order to enter the pool, and must submit their application online.

Provinces and territories will also continue to be able to make nominations under their regular (“base”) PNPs outside of Express Entry via a paper application process.

Note: The Province of Quebec does not use Express Entry. They select their own skilled workers. See Quebec-selected skilled workers to find out more.

9. What is the process for potential candidates who want to use both a Provincial Nominee Program and Express Entry?

There are two ways to do this. A person can:
•apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
•fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile.

In either case, once a person updates their Express Entry profile to show they have a provincial or territorial nomination certificate, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible round of invitations.

Employers

Please ....... Please ....... Please Share Detail if you have .............it will help us ..

ThanX.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
Thanks for the info

kezame22 said:
I got married after i applied for my PR.
I called CIC and notify them that i got married. they will tell to which email you should send.
after you send the email (telling them that you got married). they will reply to you with the required documents and how to add your spouse to your application.

do it as soon as possible.

I am wondering if anybody knows, adding a spouse to the application like that, how much delay are we expecting?

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Prem. said:
hi
what I know and my understanding is -----that we can apply in all program if we are eligible and we don't have to withdraw file based on other file document submitting ...like EE or PnP or CeC.

But if you have other detail please share.....it will help us a lot..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#7

7. What will happen to permanent residence applications you receive before the launch of Express Entry?

Applications received by CIC before the launch of Express Entry will be processed according to the rules in place at that time

Provinces/Territories

8. How will provinces and territories use the Express Entry system?

Provinces and territories will be able to nominate a certain number of foreign nationals through the Express Entry system to meet their local immigration and labour market needs. If an applicant gets a nomination from a province or territory, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply for permanent residence at the next eligible round of invitations.

Just as they manage their own Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) now, provinces and territories will set the criteria they use to nominate Express Entry candidates.

Express Entry candidates may either:
•enter the pool first, and then be nominated by a province or territory; or
•be nominated by a province or territory, and then complete an online Express Entry profile.

Note: All prospective candidates (whether PNP applicants or not) must meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs managed through Express Entry in order to enter the pool, and must submit their application online.

Provinces and territories will also continue to be able to make nominations under their regular (“base”) PNPs outside of Express Entry via a paper application process.

Note: The Province of Quebec does not use Express Entry. They select their own skilled workers. See Quebec-selected skilled workers to find out more.

9. What is the process for potential candidates who want to use both a Provincial Nominee Program and Express Entry?

There are two ways to do this. A person can:
•apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
•fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile.

In either case, once a person updates their Express Entry profile to show they have a provincial or territorial nomination certificate, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible round of invitations.

Employers

Please ....... Please ....... Please Share Detail if you have .............it will help us ..

ThanX.
The article above talks mostly about PNP and Express entry. Here if u obtain a PNP and then add it to ur EE u get additional points.

Moreover the first paragraph means that any application that was submitted before EE will be processed as per the rules before EE.
Nowhere it says that if you submit CEC in old system and you can submit EE in new u can keep both to he processed.

Think about it. If you have CEC, and then u submit EE CIC has to work on two separate files for the same person, but the end result is one.

When I wanted to apply in EE my lawyer told me there is no harm to create a profile until I get an invite for EE.
Once I get an invite for EE I have to either let my CEC file process or withdraw it and submit paperwork for EE.

CIC always suggests to not submit multiple applications for the same purpose. The risk of keeping both applications active in parallel is that if the officer processing CEC notices in system u have an EE application, they might not process CEC and vice versa.
I was told to keep it risk free and not confuse CIC with two applications.

O Canada1

May 4, 2015
Guys, don't get yourself confused. AOR is the only requirement to be eligible for the extension of BOWP.
I applied for mine (paper application) in first week of August and received it today.

Hopefully very soon everybody will get through this tough time.

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
O Canada1 said:
Guys, don't get yourself confused. AOR is the only requirement to be eligible for the extension of BOWP.
I applied for mine (paper application) in first week of August and received it today.

Hopefully very soon everybody will get through this tough time.
Thank you for sharing the positive news !