11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
jatt2407 said:
Syrian refugees who landed will have permanant resident status right away. I am jealous of people coming straight to Canada on PR basis.

I know people will bullshit here with " dude you don't know how they were living in Syria" or "we welcome them this is their new home". Cut the crap no one knows how our parents are living back home. Anyways freaking waiting for more than 14 months since receiving of file and more than 1 year since receiving AOR. I received AOR on December 8. Keeping faith still or at a point of applying thru express entry.
I do understand how you might feel, however dont mix the refugee situation with our situation. Our processing got delayed because CIC launched Express Entry and did not clear the CEC backlog first. They have setup separate teams to handle the refugee immigration. Also in case if anyone's parents are living in a country with a life threatening situations they are allowed to seek for asylum. As a friend I would say dont pay too much attention on whos getting what, world has always been like that, atleast we are in Canada now and not been refused , there are many people from our home countries who even get refused for student visa and visitor visas. Its just time , some people get it sooner than the others. They are slowly processing CEC now, so look forward to hear some updates in the coming months.
If this helps : Two people including me called CIC last week and they said to both of us that they are targeting to finalize our application by Feb 2016. I am Aug 05 2014 applicant.
B+ Buddy !

Prem.

Nov 2, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
6x.x
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
19nov2014
Med's Request
....... waiting.......
apardhamija said:
The article above talks mostly about PNP and Express entry. Here if u obtain a PNP and then add it to ur EE u get additional points.

Moreover the first paragraph means that any application that was submitted before EE will be processed as per the rules before EE.
Nowhere it says that if you submit CEC in old system and you can submit EE in new u can keep both to he processed.

Think about it. If you have CEC, and then u submit EE CIC has to work on two separate files for the same person, but the end result is one.

When I wanted to apply in EE my lawyer told me there is no harm to create a profile until I get an invite for EE.
Once I get an invite for EE I have to either let my CEC file process or withdraw it and submit paperwork for EE.

CIC always suggests to not submit multiple applications for the same purpose. The risk of keeping both applications active in parallel is that if the officer processing CEC notices in system u have an EE application, they might not process CEC and vice versa.
I was told to keep it risk free and not confuse CIC with two applications.
thanx for sharing our idea ..

but my concern is if we withdraw CeC file and EE denied to get you PR than what ?

my agent explain me that any application received before launch of Express Entry will not affected by EE, old file will have a same value as per time line..

now it is confusing ...........

Is there any guarantee to get a PR if we received EE Invitation ?

I am ready to withdraw all other file once I get PR under any program . but not understanding that if we withdraw any file and other file denied to PR than ?

I cant sleep ,lots of confusion ..what to do ?
please share your suggestion ..

leokumar007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-08-19
AOR Received.
2014-12-11
File Transfer...
2015-01-01
Med's Done....
2015-08-27
Passport Req..
2016-03-01
VISA ISSUED...
2016-03-15
LANDED..........
2016-03-20
Prem. said:

but my concern is if we withdraw CeC file and EE denied to get you PR than what ?

my agent explain me that any application received before launch of Express Entry will not affected by EE, old file will have a same value as per time line..

I am ready to withdraw all other file once I get PR under any program . but not understanding that if we withdraw any file and other file denied to PR than ?

I would suggest you to keep everything going until you receive a stamped PR visa from either. After which you can withdraw from the other. I knew how frustrating it will be until you get some positive news.

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
Just in case someone doesn't know, BOWP rules have been changed now only AOR won't help.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015) and an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Prem. said:

As per this forum it is already denoted, the person has to withdraw other application prior to DM. This will be notified by CIC.

For some application they had decision made in EE but still having old CEC application not withdrawn.

So it all happen based on your luck... It is better not to take risk... EE rejection is more...

dlobo2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
gss89x said:
Just in case someone doesn't know, BOWP rules have been changed now only AOR won't help.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015) and an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

does this apply to papper applications to, got an email which states

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Provincial Nominee Class.

Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Your application has now been placed into processing.

can i used this for the bowp

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
gss89x said:

As long as you have AOR for last 10 months, then it is not your responsibility to get eligibility field marked as Passed.

If they are talking about completeness check, then it is already done.

Now most of the application were waiting for ELIGIBLITY ASSESSMENT and ELIGIBLITY REVIEW, they are not doing any completeness check now.

So if I would have been at this situation, having AOR, WP expiring in 4 months and not having other choice, It is better go for BOWP.

Mandate for applying BOWP is just,
Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a
1) copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter
2) with their open work permit application.

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
goalkb said:
As long as you have AOR for last 10 months, then it is not your responsibility to get eligibility field marked as Passed.

If they are talking about completeness check, then it is already done.

Now most of the application were waiting for ELIGIBLITY ASSESSMENT and ELIGIBLITY REVIEW, they are not doing any completeness check now.

So if I would have been at this situation, having AOR, WP expiring in 4 months and not having other choice, It is better go for BOWP.

Mandate for applying BOWP is just,
Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a
1) copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter
2) with their open work permit application.
Where do you see it's 10 months? do you have link please? or it is just your guess? Thanks

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC Req: 13-01-2016 Sent:10-02-2016 , SchedA Req & Sent : 11-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
gss89x said:

Hi There, we have been discussing this in this forum since last week, please review the previous posts. Even though CIC has sent the new rules, however they know that they have delayed processing of the 2014 CEC applications. They have been issuing BOWP only based on AOR. Two days back a member of our forum posted that he received his BOWP. There have been some rejections but every case is different.

We have been discussing same topic since last week and calling CIC and talking to our lawyers and finally we see some approvals based on only AOR. Please please read last weeks posts here. Other members might get confused and scared after reading this post again.

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
I called CIC few minutes ago. As soon as I said I am CEC 2014 applicant, the lady said the processing time is no longer 14 months and it will be approximately 18 months. She even did not ask my application number to check my file.

Zapf

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Passport Req..
COPR 28-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
moe1360 said:
I called CIC few minutes ago. As soon as I said I am CEC 2014 applicant, the lady said the processing time is no longer 14 months and it will be approximately 18 months. She even did not ask my application number to check my file.
Did she specify if the 18 months is counted from the day they received the application? Or is it from the AOR date?

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Zapf said:
Did she specify if the 18 months is counted from the day they received the application? Or is it from the AOR date?
She said call back if you don't hear any thing by end of February.
I guess this means it is counted from the day they receive the application.
I doubt though that they can finalize our files by the end of February.
They have not even requested medicals.

wuzhi516

Aug 24, 2015
Hi guys
my working permit will be exprie on Feb 2016. and I still get nothing from cic. Recently, there is a issue. If you want to apply a bridge working permit, you have to receive a positive eligibility assessment on your PR application or, if applicable, the Acknowledgment of Receipt from the processing office. My GSMS notes show nothing about this. So what should I do? Still apply for the bridge working permit. or still waiting? Please help me

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
wuzhi516 said:
Hi guys
my working permit will be exprie on Feb 2016. and I still get nothing from cic. Recently, there is a issue. If you want to apply a bridge working permit, you have to receive a positive eligibility assessment on your PR application or, if applicable, the Acknowledgment of Receipt from the processing office. My GSMS notes show nothing about this. So what should I do? Still apply for the bridge working permit. or still waiting? Please help me
We discussed this in another thread and it seems AOR alone is enough for BOWP.
If you are not sure, you can apply just before your current work permit expires to buy extra 4 months (processing time) and hope that by then your eligibility will set to passed.

smc007

Nov 12, 2014
Hi, guys. I just have simple question. I might need to renew my BOWP and can I attach same 'marriage certificate' that was issued last year for my wife's? Thanks for help. :)