+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - August 2014 application

jamious0

May 21, 2015
Pearl1 said:
I applied for my BOWP last Saturday and looking at the rejections, i am thinking to withdraw my WP application for now (as i applied 117 days before the expiry of my current WP).

And now, I cannot access MyCIC account for last two days :'( :'( :mad: :mad:

It seems like dealing with some re***ded system. GCMS should be live, so we can act and manage our lives accordingly.

Anyways, just wanted to confirm that others are also getting "system maintenance" message for mycic account.

Also, does anyone know the procedure to withdraw an online WP application ? Do they refund the fees ?
I can't access myCIC either. I got an email yesterday that there was an update in my WP appication. Probably that its been read as i sent it not even a month ago but i cant check what is it as the website is not working.

Additionally i got notes yesterday and there is nothing new. Aug 7 applicant.

kezame22

Oct 7, 2015
I got married after i applied for my PR.
I called CIC and notify them that i got married. they will tell to which email you should send.
after you send the email (telling them that you got married). they will reply to you with the required documents and how to add your spouse to your application.

do it as soon as possible.

I am wondering if anybody knows, adding a spouse to the application like that, how much delay are we expecting?

AEE11 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm August 2014 PR applicant. Recently I got married and I would like to add my spouse to my PR application. What documents do I need to send to CIC, please let me know.

Thanks,

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC Req: 13-01-2016 Sent:10-02-2016 , SchedA Req & Sent : 11-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Pearl1 said:
I applied for my BOWP last Saturday and looking at the rejections, i am thinking to withdraw my WP application for now (as i applied 117 days before the expiry of my current WP).

And now, I cannot access MyCIC account for last two days :'( :'( :mad: :mad:

It seems like dealing with some re***ded system. GCMS should be live, so we can act and manage our lives accordingly.

Anyways, just wanted to confirm that others are also getting "system maintenance" message for mycic account.

Also, does anyone know the procedure to withdraw an online WP application ? Do they refund the fees ?
I believe you can withdraw it once you logon to your CIC account. If they have not started processing , you'll be able to withdraw it. If you can withdraw it, you can request for refund.

For How to request a refund : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=619&t=4

Consult a Lawyer / Immigration Consultant if any doubts for submitting BOWP.

I had a Post Grad Open Work Permit hence my lawyer only needed to fill the form for WP Extension, Send Copy of Passport, Picture, Current Work Permit and Copy of AOR .
If you have any other work permit do consult someone.

BTW I applied 5 days prior to expiry. However Sooner the better !

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apardhamija said:
I believe you can withdraw it once you logon to your CIC account. If they have not started processing , you'll be able to withdraw it. If you can withdraw it, you can request for refund.

For How to request a refund : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=619&t=4

Consult a Lawyer / Immigration Consultant if any doubts for submitting BOWP.

I had a Post Grad Open Work Permit hence my lawyer only needed to fill the form for WP Extension, Send Copy of Passport, Picture, Current Work Permit and Copy of AOR .
If you have any other work permit do consult someone.

BTW I applied 5 days prior to expiry. However Sooner the better !
I have a post grad too, and i already applied for BOWP. I am thinking to withdraw because of the current rejections.

I will apply a few days prior to the expiration of current WP just to buy some time on implied status.

thanks for the help.

teb

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I have not followed the form for few days, why are the BOWP being rejected? And are they being rejected for all, or just for one category of PR applications?

I have sent my BOWP in September, they are still working on August applications

thanks

SinaCEC

Dec 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Uploaded 02-18-2016
Interview........
Upfront RPRF: March 1st, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have a question, I am a CEC Aug applicant and got my AOR in November and nothing after that...
I got worried since my work permit expires in 4 months and just wondering if I should apply for EE. My current point is higher than 461 (last draw)
Is it possible to apply for EE while I have a pending application under CEC?

Thanks,

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Pearl1 said:
I have a post grad too, and i already applied for BOWP. I am thinking to withdraw because of the current rejections.

I will apply a few days prior to the expiration of current WP just to buy some time on implied status.

thanks for the help.
If you have sent the Current WP, AOR and Copy of your passport and have filled the form correctly then , yours should not be rejected, just because some people are getting rejections does not mean that if you apply now, it will be rejected and if you apply later it will be approved.

Also if you apply now, you wont need to be on implied status and in case of emergency you will still be able to leave canada, moreover your Health card will be renewed in time as you will get your BOWP before the current WP expires.

Rest is upto you, if you want to wait and then apply later. You will get the refund if you're able to withdraw the application successfully online on mycic.
We discussed last week on this forum and finally we came to know that some of the BOWP are rejected for FSW candidates, if you applied under CEC and have an AOR you're eligible for BOWP.

canadacec1234

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2172-2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
29-Jan-2016 Med's Rec'd....: 08-Feb-2016 RPRF Request.: 25-Feb-2016 RPRF Paid......: 25-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
02-Mar-2016 Passport Rec'd: 21-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
apardhamija said:
If you have sent the Current WP, AOR and Copy of your passport and have filled the form correctly then , yours should not be rejected, just because some people are getting rejections does not mean that if you apply now, it will be rejected and if you apply later it will be approved.

Also if you apply now, you wont need to be on implied status and in case of emergency you will still be able to leave canada, moreover your Health card will be renewed in time as you will get your BOWP before the current WP expires.

Rest is upto you, if you want to wait and then apply later. You will get the refund if you're able to withdraw the application successfully online on mycic.
We discussed last week on this forum and finally we came to know that some of the BOWP are rejected for FSW candidates, if you applied under CEC and have an AOR you're eligible for BOWP.
Hi apardhamija,

Looks like you have solid information. Could you please confirm where it is written in CIC that says you statement "if you applied under CEC and have an AOR you're eligible for BOWP" ?

Because I think I have misinterpreted the recent new rule that came in to existence on Dec 01, 2015

Thanks,

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
SinaCEC said:
Hello Guys,

I have a question, I am a CEC Aug applicant and got my AOR in November and nothing after that...
I got worried since my work permit expires in 4 months and just wondering if I should apply for EE. My current point is higher than 461 (last draw)
Is it possible to apply for EE while I have a pending application under CEC?

Thanks,
Yes you can apply for EE while your CEC is in process Below rules apply :

1. You can apply if you have not done Medicals for CEC yet.
2. The day you receive an invitation for EE , your CEC must be in Process and you must be able to withdraw it.
As for the CEC applications you can only withdraw it till the status is "In Process"
3. You must withdraw the CEC before submitting EE documents after you receive an Invitation.

Now In case you get Medicals Request on CEC before you submit paperwork for EE then dont proceed further on EE and go do the medicals for CEC.

I am currently trying to get my transcripts for ECA required for EE just for the backup.

Once I get the transcripts and complete ECA from WES, I will see If I dont get medical request by Feb Max then I will create an EE profile and wait for the invitation.

Its a bit of an expense and currently im planning to spend money only on ECA but Im waiting positively for CEC to process further.

Im seeing some of the June CEC applicants on the June CEC Thread being finalized last week. I believe Aug applicants must be processed soon.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apardhamija said:

Thanks for your response Apar !

Not sure if you checked the rejection reason for on e of the user in this forum, under "BOWP rules changed topic". I had applied mine this Saturday but on Monday I came to know about another rejection. I am just worried that this might have something to do with the new rules that came into affect beginning of this month.

I am not sure if it will be approved later, but at least I will get additional few days after the expiry of my current WP, while waiting for the BOWP. However, if I apply now and because of the new rules it does not get processed, or gets processed a day after the expiry of my current WP, then I will be stuck. I am thinking of doing the withdrawal, just to buy some additional time on my implied status. This is a risk, as I might loose my job, but now I am just worried about at least having a status in the country.

Any inputs ? I am so confused. In the past week only, this forum has reported about 3 rejected BOWPs. :( :( :(

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apardhamija said:
Yes you can apply for EE while your CEC is in process Below rules apply :

1. You can apply if you have not done Medicals for CEC yet.
2. The day you receive an invitation for EE , your CEC must be in Process and you must be able to withdraw it.
As for the CEC applications you can only withdraw it till the status is "In Process"
3. You must withdraw the CEC before submitting EE documents after you receive an Invitation.

Now In case you get Medicals Request on CEC before you submit paperwork for EE then dont proceed further on EE and go do the medicals for CEC.

I am currently trying to get my transcripts for ECA required for EE just for the backup.

Once I get the transcripts and complete ECA from WES, I will see If I dont get medical request by Feb Max then I will create an EE profile and wait for the invitation.

Its a bit of an expense and currently im planning to spend money only on ECA but Im waiting positively for CEC to process further.

Im seeing some of the June CEC applicants on the June CEC Thread being finalized last week. I believe Aug applicants must be processed soon.
what if you did upfront medicals for CEC ? Are you not eligible to apply for EE then ?

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
canadacec1234 said:
Hi apardhamija,

Looks like you have solid information. Could you please confirm where it is written in CIC that says you statement "if you applied under CEC and have an AOR you're eligible for BOWP" ?

Because I think I have misinterpreted the recent new rule that came in to existence on Dec 01, 2015

Thanks,
I do understand that based on the new rules on Dec 1st its mentioned that there are two requirements :

1. AOR AND 2. Positive Eligibility on PR application.

However Many of us discussed this during the last week and I checked with CIC and my lawyer and got this response:

Only CIC can change the eligibility status of an application and not a candidate. If you have delayed processing and because of that the eligibility is not set to passed for most of the applicants, then they will issue BOWP based on AOR.

Moreover one member on our forum : Pearl1 also called CIC and has posted the email that CIC agent sent.

That email indicates that the requirement for BOWP is Positive Eligibility on PR application OR Acknowledgement of Receipt

Heres the post where the email from CIC agent was posted on December 03, 2015, 04:22:58 pm:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-august-2014-application-t365220.480.html

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Pearl1 said:
what if you did upfront medicals for CEC ? Are you not eligible to apply for EE then ?
I am really not sure my friend if you have done upfront medicals.

For EE to submit your profile you have to do upfront medical.

If you've done one already for CEC, then should ask a lawyer if the same will be valid for EE and if you can still create your EE profile.

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Pearl1 said:
Thanks for your response Apar !

Not sure if you checked the rejection reason for on e of the user in this forum, under "BOWP rules changed topic". I had applied mine this Saturday but on Monday I came to know about another rejection. I am just worried that this might have something to do with the new rules that came into affect beginning of this month.

I am not sure if it will be approved later, but at least I will get additional few days after the expiry of my current WP, while waiting for the BOWP. However, if I apply now and because of the new rules it does not get processed, or gets processed a day after the expiry of my current WP, then I will be stuck. I am thinking of doing the withdrawal, just to buy some additional time on my implied status. This is a risk, as I might loose my job, but now I am just worried about at least having a status in the country.

Any inputs ? I am so confused. In the past week only, this forum has reported about 3 rejected BOWPs. :( :( :(
I checked that BOWP rules changed topic and I see there are CEC applicants who have been refused BOWP. However it might be specific cases unless people who have been rejected got a rejection reason which states that they Eligibility has not been passed .

Also I saw a user who has done medicals and passed medicals as well and still his BOWP was rejected. That seems to be a different reason.

In your case you're right for waiting and applying sometime before the expiry of your BOWP and chances are that by the time you apply it will be less risk in your case.

SinaCEC

Dec 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Uploaded 02-18-2016
Interview........
Upfront RPRF: March 1st, 2016
Thank you so much for your response apardhamija!
I am thinking of EE as my backup plan and will wait till mid Feb for my MR!