+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

jyothis890

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Hi guys
Little bit of confusion in personal history. I was a full time student in canada during the period of 2016 January to 2017 April and during that time I did some part jobs too, should I mention that in personal activities. Dates will overlap with my main activity which is study, is it Ok? And if I have to include that part time jobs is it Ok to mention like this part time employee ( 20 hrs per week) in the space which asks for the position or job that person did.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi guys
Little bit of confusion in personal history. I was a full time student in canada during the period of 2016 January to 2017 April and during that time I did some part jobs too, should I mention that in personal activities. Dates will overlap with my main activity which is study, is it Ok? And if I have to include that part time jobs is it Ok to mention like this part time employee ( 20 hrs per week) in the space which asks for the position or job that person did.
Hi there, Check this out:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ee-profile-work-history-should-i-also-include-part-time-and-general-labor-jobs.462952/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/part-time-work-confusion.332643/

Reactions: yalink

yalink

Apr 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
Follow-up question to the one mentioned above.

After getting my PGWP, I started working as a part-time Stylist at a retail store for 8 months before starting my current job that I got my points for.

I didn't submit that Stylist job in my work history, but should I mention that in personal history? Would they ask for an additional reference letter?

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Medical slots are now open. You just need to visit visadoctor.ca. and thereafter, you can personally mail to the email id provided over there for communication to get confirmation about the appointment date. Mine is already done by following this step. Wish you good luck with medicals.
Thank you. I read yours and booked appt already

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi everyone. For those previous students who have transcripts from Canada, did you submit the one with seal from your school? I only have the transcript here which I used when I applied for PGWP before, and there's no seal in that. Please advise. Also, did you submit both transcripts from here and your education from abroad? Thank you.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019

After getting my PGWP, I started working as a part-time Stylist at a retail store for 8 months before starting my current job that I got my points for.

I didn't submit that Stylist job in my work history, but should I mention that in personal history? Would they ask for an additional reference letter?
I think so. If you are mentioning a job, IRCC would require some kind of proof that it was legit, even though you may not be claiming points for it. My suggestion is to mention that in your LOE if you really like to mention it and say how you are not claiming points for it.

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I think so. If you are mentioning a job, IRCC would require some kind of proof that it was legit, even though you may not be claiming points for it. My suggestion is to mention that in your LOE if you really like to mention it and say how you are not claiming points for it.
As far as i know, whatever mentioned in Personal history doesn't required to show proof. Because I don't see a placeholder to upload supporting documents for the Personal history.

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
You are not claiming points for the job, so you do not need a reference letter! You can highlight it in your letter of explanation if you choose to do so.

sophienz

Apr 29, 2020
Hi everyone!
I was invited to apply for PR + my spouse through CEC in early April. I'm just in the process of filling out the details form and have a few questions:

1) Will my spouse need a medical exam? (he is already living and studying in Canada on a student permit)

2) I applied around this time last year, and it was declined due to incomplete documents. It's in the middle of COVID so a lot of the documents I won't be able to get this time, or will be very delayed such as a new medical exam, declaration of common-law partnership, etc. What is the general accepted time frame for documentation? e.g. letters from ex-employers regarding work status. My documents would be approximately 12 months old by now.

3) As my spouse is living in Canada, will he need a Canadian police certificate?

4) My spouse has done the IELTS academic exam in 2015, but not general training. Should I say that he has not sat an exam, as the only options are to either say no, or to say you have done general training? I guess I could say in a LOE that he has done the academic training. Would it be a good idea for him to try and sit the IELTS again?

That's all the questions I have for now. Thank you so much for your help in advance :)

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hi everyone!
I was invited to apply for PR + my spouse through CEC in early April. I'm just in the process of filling out the details form and have a few questions:

1) Will my spouse need a medical exam? (he is already living and studying in Canada on a student permit)

2) I applied around this time last year, and it was declined due to incomplete documents. It's in the middle of COVID so a lot of the documents I won't be able to get this time, or will be very delayed such as a new medical exam, declaration of common-law partnership, etc. What is the general accepted time frame for documentation? e.g. letters from ex-employers regarding work status. My documents would be approximately 12 months old by now.

3) As my spouse is living in Canada, will he need a Canadian police certificate?

4) My spouse has done the IELTS academic exam in 2015, but not general training. Should I say that he has not sat an exam, as the only options are to either say no, or to say you have done general training? I guess I could say in a LOE that he has done the academic training. Would it be a good idea for him to try and sit the IELTS again?

That's all the questions I have for now. Thank you so much for your help in advance :)
1] Yes. It does not matter if your/spouse's residence in Canada or not!
CIC says " If you apply for permanent residence, you must have an immigration medical exam. Your family members must also have a medical exam, even if they’re not coming with you. "

2] not sure about it.. nevertheless you must submit your application before it expires. CIC said they will not reject any application coz of incomplete documentation due to Covid-19.
BTW what documents you were short of in last year application?

3] Canadian PCC is not required for the main applicant or for the spouse. if they need it they will ask for RCMP by fingerprint as an ADR.

4] if you did not claim points for spouses ielts why would u even care about it? why need to do IELTS after ITA? just say No.

and NO, IELTS academic is not acceptable

CIC says"

IELTS: International English Language Testing System
  • you must take the General Training option
  • we don’t accept the Academic option for Express Entry

Last edited:

yalink

Apr 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
How did you guys handle the digital photo section? I just got my hard copies of passport photos but need to scan and upload.

Did any of you strictly follow the guidelines for digital photos? I heard some people uploaded their selfies and still got approved lol.

Gas161183

Apr 29, 2020
Guys I have a query.

My spouse did her medical (for Work-Permit) in Oct-2019.
Since it is still valid. Do we have to redo medical?
are the two medical different?

any reference link will be appreciated.

Murtuza90

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hello,
I received my ITA already on 16 April draw but my IELTS expires on 6 July 2020 will there be any problem.in my application. I am trying to submit all my documents by mid may. Please help

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Guys I have a query.

My spouse did her medical (for Work-Permit) in Oct-2019.
Since it is still valid. Do we have to redo medical?
are the two medical different?

any reference link will be appreciated.
The medical is valid for 1-year from the date of the assessment

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html