+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hello,

Even i made the funds as "0" for CEC and it didn't ask for uploading documents in the section. I think that is enough and no Letter of explanation is required. Anyone can confirm?
have not seen anyone doing it.
what I did and what I see most ppl are doing it is to mention a figure of available funds; higher than what they require for the applicant + # of dependents and then attach an LOE

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hello,

Even i made the funds as "0" for CEC and it didn't ask for uploading documents in the section. I think that is enough and no Letter of explanation is required. Anyone can confirm?
Yes, You can do that. Since its CEC, you will be fine even if you put 0 for funds and not upload LOE

Reactions: jpshya

Cookie13

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
I submitted my CEC application with proof of funds, it took a lot of work to queue at the bank and get all the documents so I wish I had known that we did not need to submit POF for CEC.

Will that hinder my application that I still attached POF? Would they think I am not in the CEC stream of say I am ineligible?

Can they refuse my application due to anything included in the proof of funds if for example they are curious about something or will it be discarded?

Worried about that now. I am not sure how I missed that part about CEC and POFs

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
I submitted my CEC application with proof of funds, it took a lot of work to queue at the bank and get all the documents so I wish I had known that we did not need to submit POF for CEC.

Will that hinder my application that I still attached POF? Would they think I am not in the CEC stream of say I am ineligible?

Can they refuse my application due to anything included in the proof of funds if for example they are curious about something or will it be discarded?

Worried about that now. I am not sure how I missed that part about CEC and POFs
Since you have attached all the documents, they will not discard your POF. They will review them since the IRCC website says "Don't need to show funds" its an option. Your application may take a little longer if the officer decides to request more documents to support your POF. It will not affect your application in any way if you have uploaded all the supporting documents. You should be fine. Just keep an eye on your account in case IRCC requests more documentation.

Cookie13

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Since you have attached all the documents, they will not discard your POF. They will review them since the IRCC website says "Don't need to show funds" its an option. Your application may take a little longer if the officer decides to request more documents to support your POF. It will not affect your application in any way if you have uploaded all the supporting documents. You should be fine. Just keep an eye on your account in case IRCC requests more documentation.
So now my POF will be a factor in my application, even though they are not required for CEC? I am seeing conflicting answers to this, with some saying they will have no impact as they are not a requirement for CEC and the would not be able to request any more information related to POF. Hopefully they do not add much processing time.

Reactions: yalink

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
So now my POF will be a factor in my application, even though they are not required for CEC? I am seeing conflicting answers to this, with some saying they will have no impact as they are not a requirement for CEC and the would not be able to request any more information related to POF. Hopefully they do not add much processing time.
Here's my take, IF you haven't uploaded LOE stating that no need to show funds due to invitation under CEC, they are going to review your documents. But again, that's just what I think. I hope it doesn't add more time in processing your application. All the very best.

vasir004

Jun 9, 2019
Just curious, why does your wp have different NOCs for the same role??
I think it’s better to separate them based on your WP. It would’ve been easier if it’s just one NOC for the four years though.
I applied the work permit when I was on a different role the previous year and moved with a new role after an year.
Thanks, will try getting separate letter but not sure if my employer provide it, other wise will get it in a single letter and upload.

vasir004

Jun 9, 2019
Is anyone able to book medicals, as I'm unable to find any panel doctors to book an appointment,

Please do share if you have any info or have booked an appointment recently,

TIA
Hi I booked appointment here in Calgary, the immigration medical checkup is done only on Monday's here

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi I booked appointment here in Calgary, the immigration medical checkup is done only on Monday's here
Oh gosh I've been looking for someone who has booked medical in Calgary. Which clinic is this please? Did you book with Calgary laboratory 1st?

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi everyone. I just had my one-page employment reference from my current employer here in Canada. It has all the required information, but I am just concern on the job description part. It's just one paragraph outlining the 9 duties that I do. Will that be Ok, or would it much better if they do it in bullets? Should i ask them to add more on the job description part? Appreciate your advise.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi everyone. I just had my one-page employment reference from my current employer here in Canada. It has all the required information, but I am just concern on the job description part. It's just one paragraph outlining the 9 duties that I do. Will that be Ok, or would it much better if they do it in bullets? Should i ask them to add more on the job description part? Appreciate your advise.
As long as it meets IRCC requirements, it doesn’t matter if it’s in bullets or in paragraph form. Your job description should match the lead statement and main responsibilities of the NOC you chose. If you think it’s lacking, then you need to add more.

Reactions: horizonj

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hi
I worked for 5 weeks before applying for pgwp, but I'm not claiming points for that experience. Does it affect my pr application. Did any of you guys know somebody who had gone through this situation?
Should I explain that situation in an LOE and apologize ?
During these 5 weeks if you have study permit with combined work permit, I think you should be ok.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
My Application Status shows "We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

And also, I don't see any progress bar. :rolleyes: Is it normal?

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
My Application Status shows "We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

And also, I don't see any progress bar. :rolleyes: Is it normal?
Most people start to see the progress bar once their medical is passed. Even, I am not seeing one and my medial is not passed yet.

Reactions: amala1611