+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

jyothis890

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Hi
I worked for 5 weeks before applying for pgwp, but I'm not claiming points for that experience. Does it affect my pr application. Did any of you guys know somebody who had gone through this situation?
Should I explain that situation in an LOE and apologize ?

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
ECA in Education and Ielts in Languages. They only ask for ECA and IELTS numbers. For uploading documents its only ECA with your masters and Bachelors
Oh ok. So no need to upload IELTS doc. Thank you.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi, need another clarification please. I am reviewing my work history and personal history and I realized that I did not put in either of it my part time jobs while on study. Those jobs were unrelated to the NOC that I am claiming. Do I really have to include them? I just put study in all those years that I've been studying. Please help advise.

Last edited:

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hi, need another clarification please. I am reviewing my work history and personal history and I realized that I did not put in either of it my part time jobs while on study. Those jobs are unrelated to the NOC that I am claiming. Do I really have to include them? I just put study in all those years that I've been studying. Please help advise.
You put educational activity for those years, but again no gaps!

Reactions: horizonj

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hi, need another clarification please. I am reviewing my work history and personal history and I realized that I did not put in either of it my part time jobs while on study. Those jobs were unrelated to the NOC that I am claiming. Do I really have to include them? I just put study in all those years that I've been studying. Please help advise.
You will definitely put your part time jobs in your personal history. What I did is only put job in work history that I claimed the point for, that is , one job only. Rest million jobs that I did went to personal activities.
There should be no gaps however there will certainly be lots of overlaps in activities which is OK.

Reactions: horizonj

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
For 10 years of past address, should we mention 10 days hotel stay as well? for exam, I landed USA 1st of Sep and stayed in hotel till 15th Sep. Then I moved to a apartment and stayed there for a year. In this case, should I mention hotel and apartment addresses?
If you had no other address at that time then u have to mention temporary addresses like hotels addresses so there is no gap.

Prasunjha86

Dec 3, 2019
Hello folks,

I just received ITA under CEC on 16th April 2020. I need clarification on the couple of points regarding this:
1. I am a primary applicant and have applied with my spouse. But I am not sure whether my wife also needs to complete 1 year in Canada in order for us to be eligible to claim points under CEC.
2. Being a CEC candidate, do we need to declare the funds amount as ''0" which will restrict the proof of funds upload section to appear. Or we should mention any valid amount and provide a letter of explanation station that proof of funds is not required for CEC candidate.

Thank a lot.

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
Hello folks,

I just received ITA under CEC on 16th April 2020. I need clarification on the couple of points regarding this:
1. I am a primary applicant and have applied with my spouse. But I am not sure whether my wife also needs to complete 1 year in Canada in order for us to be eligible to claim points under CEC.
2. Being a CEC candidate, do we need to declare the funds amount as ''0" which will restrict the proof of funds upload section to appear. Or we should mention any valid amount and provide a letter of explanation station that proof of funds is not required for CEC candidate.

Thank a lot.
Hello..i'm a CEC applicant as well..got ITA on April 16th. You don't need to provide anything unless they ask you to. if they do, just tell them you were invited under CEC so no POF needed.

Murtuza90

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Hello all,
I received my ITA on 16 April draw
I have couple of question.
I left Canada in 2018 since I ran out of visa and express entry points were high and was not able to get ITA. So I moved back to India and applied again in 2019. My question is do I need to apply for Canadian PCC though in my document checklist they didnt asked for it they only asking Indian PCC
2. What document to provide in proof of funds I qualified for CEC stream but in my upload document checklist it asking me to provide proof of funds.can I attach my ITA and write a explanation that I qualified for CEC??
I am planning to submit the complete application by 10 may I have PCC for India schedule for 5 may and upfront medical schedule for 10 may.
3. Also where to upload my WES document
Thank you for your help in advance and good luck

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hello all,
I left Canada in 2018 since I ran out of visa and express entry points were high and was not able to get ITA. So I moved back to India and applied again in 2019. My question is do I need to apply for Canadian PCC though in my document checklist they didnt asked for it they only asking Indian PCC
2. What document to provide in proof of funds I qualified for CEC stream but in my upload document checklist it asking me to provide proof of funds.can I attach my ITA and write a explanation that I qualified for CEC??
I am planning to submit the complete application by 10 may I have PCC for India schedule for 5 may and upfront medical schedule for 10 may.
1] I assume not as they run their own background and criminal check, but lets wait what senior says/

2] Under CEC u won't need to provide POF so just attach an LOE there.

3]WES is not required to submit as you already provided them a reference number, but you can attach it in the education section file, as many ppl do.

Prasunjha86

Dec 3, 2019
no similar situation happen before, so we dont know yet. i dont want to take risk as we still have more time to complete it. we will have it done in May for sure. I wont submit application which is lack of paper
Medical slots are now open. You just need to visit visadoctor.ca. and thereafter, you can personally mail to the email id provided over there for communication to get confirmation about the appointment date. Mine is already done by following this step. Wish you good luck with medicals.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello all,
For #1. Refer to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

“You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.“

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello folks,

Thank a lot.
Hello,

Even i made the funds as "0" for CEC and it didn't ask for uploading documents in the section. I think that is enough and no Letter of explanation is required. Anyone can confirm?