+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hello,
Those who received ITA in April, join here and share your updates.

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – April 9, 2020

Canadian Experience Class

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued: 3,294Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,294th or above

Date and time of round: April 9, 2020 at 17:36:14 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 464

Tie-breaking rule: January 4, 2020 at 12:16:45 UTC

Last edited:

dinhthuy

Apr 9, 2020
Hello, I just received my ITA under CEC class today. However, one strange thing is that I declared my work history (full-time in Canada) from May, 2019 (the actual date is 21st May, 2019) but I got point for 1 year of Canadian work experience and got a ITA today. I expect to receive a ITA in a draw at early of May, 2020 then I will decline it and wait for the draw after 21st May, 2020.

Does anyone experience this before? I guess it's a system error?

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hello, I just received my ITA under CEC class today. However, one strange thing is that I declared my work history (full-time in Canada) from May, 2019 (the actual date is 21st May, 2019) but I got point for 1 year of Canadian work experience and got a ITA today. I expect to receive a ITA in a draw at early of May, 2020 then I will decline it and wait for the draw after 21st May, 2020.

Does anyone experience this before? I guess it's a system error?
I have seen people getting same issues in the past
There are 2 options
1. Decline ITA and wait for the draw after 21 May
2. Submit the documents after 21 May and explain it in letter of explanation that you received ITA before and you are submitting your application only after 1 year is complete.
I have seen people getting their PR with option 2 as well.
Good luck

Reactions: dinhthuy

gowthamanrd

Apr 9, 2020
I am the primary applicant and my dependent is completing 1 year in the end of may, But in today's draw additionally 5 points are added so my total crs score increased to 465 and i got the invitation.

My question is whether can i accept the invitation OR I have to decline or i have to wait until she completes 1 year? Can any clarify my question.

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Congratulations
From where are you doing medical?
I called one of the panel physicians and she said they are not taking any medical exam for PR due to covid
I just booked through Visadoctor.ca yesterday and get the appt date on April 28. before they they said upfront medical was restricted by IRCC, however, right now they are allowing to do it right now. you just need to call them again. they said like this through confirmation email to me "Please note IRCC has notified us that we should now continue booking all medicals including upfront medicals".
I dont know if they will cancel my appt or not, just wait to see

Reactions: tinu28111987

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
I just booked through Visadoctor.ca yesterday and get the appt date on April 28. before they they said upfront medical was restricted by IRCC, however, right now they are allowing to do it right now. you just need to call them again. they said like this through confirmation email to me "Please note IRCC has notified us that we should now continue booking all medicals including upfront medicals".
I dont know if they will cancel my appt or not, just wait to see
Thank you.
If we do not submit upfront medical, will ircc request is to get the medical?
Do you know if we can submit the application and then wait for itcc's request?

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Thank you.
If we do not submit upfront medical, will ircc request is to get the medical?
Do you know if we can submit the application and then wait for itcc's request?
no similar situation happen before, so we dont know yet. i dont want to take risk as we still have more time to complete it. we will have it done in May for sure. I wont submit application which is lack of paper

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hi folks! How are you guys providing proof of financial support? I was of the understanding that CEC candidates are not required to provide this, however, it is listed as one of the required documents on my portal. See below for an excerpt from the CIC site.

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

We’ve updated the table that shows how much money you need to settle in Canada. To stay eligible, you may need to update your settlement fund numbers in your Express Entry profile. The update must be done no later than February 25, 2020.
Updating your profile doesn’t change the date and time that we received it, so you’ll keep your rank if you’re in a tie-breaker situation.
Proof of funds is how you show us that you have enough money to settle in Canada. If we invite you to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money.
Who needs proof of funds
You need proof of funds to meet the minimum requirements of the
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if
  • you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or