+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I have concerns about my Police Certificates. I am originally from Ireland, but in the last 10 years, I have lived in a bunch of places for longer than 6 months. So, when I was applying for IEC in 2018, I included certs from: Ireland, Finland, Norway and Spain. Again, I got all of these in 2018.

Then, when applying for PR, I have reordered ones for Ireland, and Norway. Since, I have returned to Ireland since 2018, and I was applying for IEC in Norway, and there are many months before I left for Canada that aren't covered.

I have asked around, and people have said that since there is no expiry on the Finnish and Spanish ones, I can just reuse them. However, talking to my friend today, he told me that, to be on the safe side I should reorder all police certificates to make sure there aren't problems.

I have been under the impression for a couple of months now, that there isn't an issue with reusing the Finnish and Spanish Police Certs from my 2018 IEC application.

I've 77 days left on my invitation, and I can get another Finnish one quickly enough, but I think the Spanish one is more complicated, since I have to physically mail a request, and then get the certificate translated by a certified Canadian translator.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I think due to COVID situation, CIC accepts application submission with some missing documents as well. You just need to provide LOE that you are awaiting documents from Spain. Otherwise, i am not aware of whether if new PCC is required for Italy/Spain or not.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi. Can someone help clarify and confirm please? For previous students who are applying under CEC, the 1yr work experience will count from when you actually started your job, even when you were still on implied status, and not on when you got your PGWP, right? I started my job under NOC B May 2019, received my PGWP July 2019. I got ITA in April as I put my start date as May. Thank you.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
@scylla please help me..I worked as restaurant supervisor from August 2018 to September 2019. After that I quit my job over there. Since then I did not work until February 2020 where I started to do uber eats. I got AOR on 8th April. Since my work permit was is expiring on 5th May I applied for bridging work permit too. Now my question is
1) Can I work as uber eats food delivery courier under implied status.??
2) Will it be a problem for my PR if I do uber eats while my file is in process.
Also am showing proof of funds just to be on safer side. Any expert please help me and thank you.

Last edited:

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Hi. Can someone help clarify and confirm please? For previous students who are applying under CEC, the 1yr work experience will count from when you actually started your job, even when you were still on implied status, and not on when you got your PGWP, right? I started my job under NOC B May 2019, received my PGWP July 2019. I got ITA in April as I put my start date as May. Thank you.
yes. as long as you have already applied for work permit and get the confirmation. I started working in April 30, apply work permit the same day. I got the Wp on June 06. I got ITA in this April too and will submit my documents after April 30 when I finish 1 year

Reactions: horizonj

jyothis890

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Hi Guys
I have a confusion in personal activities section
I started working in canada in 2017 and I went to india for vacation of one month in December 2018. So what we have to select when we take vacation when we are employed, do we just put the trips in the Travel History sections? and ignore that activity in personal activities section

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hi Guys
I have a confusion in personal activities section
I started working in canada in 2017 and I went to india for vacation of one month in December 2018. So what we have to select when we take vacation when we are employed, do we just put the trips in the Travel History sections? and ignore that activity in personal activities section
Yes all the travelling would go into travel history.
Personal history would have studies, full time job part time, job during studies, unemployment and everything without leaving any gaps.

Reactions: horizonj

abhijeet8685

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hello All,

An update for everyone who has confusion regarding the work experience during these situations.

I spoke to one of the agents from CIC and she said we can show our experience as continuous as long as its a temporary layoff and you are sure that you will return to work even while you are availing CERB benefits.

I have not checked about EI as I am availing CERB.

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hi All,

I need help regarding my current situation:

I came on Intra company transfer from the USA to Canada in April 2019 and resigned in March 2020 from Company A. I still have a valid visa till 2021.

I got an offer from Company B and I got a positive LMIA from Company B and my new work permit is in process. In the meantime, I got an ITA on 9th April under CEC.

My question is while uploading documents, they are asking me offer of employment and a Letter of Employment. I am assuming my offer of Employment will be from Company B with whom I got my positive LMIA. (Please correct me if I am wrong).

So, what is a Letter of Employment? Who should give me this, company A or Company B? My new company B said they cannot give me letter of employment as my new work permit is still in process.

Also, I had a fallout with Company A and I have filed a claim with Ontario Labor for nonpayment of my dues and I do have a claim number too, so I doubt my old employer will give me any documents. Whatever documents I have like a letter of employment are dated in 2018, will this be accepted?

Really confused, please help members!

Thanks

raviakash28

Dec 12, 2019
For 10 years of past address, should we mention 10 days hotel stay as well? for exam, I landed USA 1st of Sep and stayed in hotel till 15th Sep. Then I moved to a apartment and stayed there for a year. In this case, should I mention hotel and apartment addresses?

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
For 10 years of past address, should we mention 10 days hotel stay as well? for exam, I landed USA 1st of Sep and stayed in hotel till 15th Sep. Then I moved to a apartment and stayed there for a year. In this case, should I mention hotel and apartment addresses?
Yes you should. No gaps at all.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi everyone. Another question please. To those who have submitted their application, which part did you submit the ECA and IELTS/english test result? Did you attached the ECA with the diplomas and IELTS in client info? Thanks.

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hi everyone. Another question please. To those who have submitted their application, which part did you submit the ECA and IELTS/english test result? Did you attached the ECA with the diplomas and IELTS in client info? Thanks.
ECA in Education and Ielts in Languages. They only ask for ECA and IELTS numbers. For uploading documents its only ECA with your masters and Bachelors