+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

part time work confusion

gdardi

Aug 3, 2015
Hello

I have a quick question. i am working on pgwp. while studying full time in university, i did couple of part time jobs at different places on off campus work permit. i have stated these jobs in my ee profile (with my best guess of noc code) and mentioned that i was full time student while working these jobs in the work experience section.
My question is, do i need to mention these jobs? if an ita will be issued, will cic request job reference letter, t4s for these jobs?

Thanks in advance
Aman

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Remove these jobs from work history. Any work experience gained while you were a full-time student in Canada doesn't count.

gdardi

Aug 3, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Remove these jobs from work history. Any work experience gained while you were a full-time student in Canada doesn't count.
thank you asivad. Do you know anybody who had part time experience in canada that didnt mention the experience but still got the pr application approved.
reason why i am stressing on this is because in the "work history" section of profile, they have a drop down of "whether you were full time student or not ? while the experience was gained?" This means they are expecting us to mention the part time exp.

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gdardi said:
thank you asivad. Do you know anybody who had part time experience in canada that didnt mention the experience but still got the pr application approved.
reason why i am stressing on this is because in the "work history" section of profile, they have a drop down of "whether you were full time student or not ? while the experience was gained?" This means they are expecting us to mention the part time exp.

Thank you
I don't know anybody who has done this. I do know that CIC explicitly states that work experience gained during the time when you were a full-time student cannot get you CRS points. Hence there is no reason to include that in your EE profile. You can certainly leave it in there and the system will needlessly prompt your for reference letters. Needlessly because you will get nothing in return for submitting those reference letters (assuming you can get them in the first place). And also because CIC expects you (and certainly not the 'system') to know what to mention/not mention in your EE profile. The first time a human (other than you) will look at your profile is after post ITA submission.

You should expect some generic questions which are added in there to cover a variety of situations. Answer based on your specific case. In this case, recommend that you leave these experiences out of your work history and personal history as well (because you were a full-time student). That wouldn't matter to your PR application.

All the best!

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Hi,

I was working as an Assistant Manager in KFC but I left in June end and got a job in Tim Hortons as a Food Service Supervisor with a bit less pay as it was.
Is it fine in Express entry if it goes from NOC 0 to NOC B category or will my application be refused due to this reason??

PLEASE HELP
Thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varinder1717 said:
Hi,

I was working as an Assistant Manager in KFC but I left in June end and got a job in Tim Hortons as a Food Service Supervisor with a bit less pay as it was.
Is it fine in Express entry if it goes from NOC 0 to NOC B category or will my application be refused due to this reason??

PLEASE HELP
Thanks in advance
For CRS points, you can mix and match experience gained under multiple NOCs. But for basic eligibility, you will need 1 year of full-time continuous work experience gained under a single NOC. As long as you have that, moving from NOC 0 to B won't make you ineligible.

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Hi,

I dont have one year of CONTINOUS work experience in one company, I have 4 months of NOC B from one company then I switched to another company again with NOC B category for 10 months so with two jobs it is 1.2 years of NOC B

Then I got NOC 0 category for 9 months for another company and now again back to NOC B category for another company since July.
Is this ok?
I have been eligible for Express entry for CEC class with 440 points.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varinder1717 said:
Hi,

I dont have one year of CONTINOUS work experience in one company, I have 4 months of NOC B from one company then I switched to another company again with NOC B category for 10 months so with two jobs it is 1.2 years of NOC B

Then I got NOC 0 category for 9 months for another company and now again back to NOC B category for another company since July.
Is this ok?
I have been eligible for Express entry for CEC class with 440 points.
Not a problem. The 'continuous' requirement is for eligibility under FSW.

gdardi

Aug 3, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
I don't know anybody who has done this. I do know that CIC explicitly states that work experience gained during the time when you were a full-time student cannot get you CRS points. Hence there is no reason to include that in your EE profile. You can certainly leave it in there and the system will needlessly prompt your for reference letters. Needlessly because you will get nothing in return for submitting those reference letters (assuming you can get them in the first place). And also because CIC expects you (and certainly not the 'system') to know what to mention/not mention in your EE profile. The first time a human (other than you) will look at your profile is after post ITA submission.

You should expect some generic questions which are added in there to cover a variety of situations. Answer based on your specific case. In this case, recommend that you leave these experiences out of your work history and personal history as well (because you were a full-time student). That wouldn't matter to your PR application.

All the best!
Thank you very much. I have omitted the prt time work exp. let's see what happens tomorrow. I have 442 points.

GusCunha

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
02-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-11-2016
Hi guys.

Part-time and full-time work experience must not be during studying periods only if I'm working/studying in Canada or does it apply for international work experience as well?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GusCunha said:
Hi guys.

Part-time and full-time work experience must not be during studying periods only if I'm working/studying in Canada or does it apply for international work experience as well?
Just for Canada.

GusCunha

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
02-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-11-2016

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Just for Canada.
So outside of Canada, applying for FWSP program, part time work experience counts even while you were a student, right?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Thank you, you are a blessing!
I have one more question- if I have had multiple positions within an organization (because I have been promoted), but I have been in the same NOC throughout, what should I note on the letter?