+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hi all. I have received an invitation to CEC. I do not have work experience after graduation in Canada. But I do have work experience oversea in Asia with a Candian company. As far as I know, only a year of Canadian experience would count towards the CEC minimum requirement.

Would the experience where the contract signed in Asia but working for a Canadian count towards that? Thank you, everyone.
It has to be in Canada. This is from the government website: "the CEC requires that applicants demonstrate they acquired skilled work experience in Canada through authorized employment by a third party."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Jesse.Li

Jun 15, 2020
It has to be in Canada. This is from the government website: "the CEC requires that applicants demonstrate they acquired skilled work experience in Canada through authorized employment by a third party."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html
Thank you very much! I hope you will get the response back from them soon. Good luck!

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I need help!
So CRS calculator shows less points then EE. HOW COME?
1) In work history I mentioned all places I worked at and it is less than 1 year experience (I came pretty young to Canada, so it logical), so I am not planning on getting any documents and proving I worked there since it wont affect my points much and I don't want to bother with all this papers. Is that ok?
2) And same for my husband - system is calculating his Canadian experience, but as my lawyer explained, since he was not employed (he was working for cash/ cheques and paid his taxes on his own so kind of self employed and that time cannot be calculated for Canadian work experience. I think I get hoigher points because of this situation. What to do? I cannot just not mention his work in Canada, so what is next?
THANK you all so much!

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Where do you see this % , please provide exact place to look for, Thank you!
This appears in your "Application status and messages" page post the medical is passed. But, do not worry about that too much. It's an auto-calculated value based on the remaining time of 6 months from AOR. There are people who received COPR before it reached 100%, and there are people who didn't receive COPR post 100%.

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
AOR May 5, 2020
Medical Passed: June 26, 2020
BIL: June 26, 2020
On my profile it says biometric is valid till Sept 10, 2025. I haven’t been outside to of Canada after I have entered back in November 2015.
Has anyone got the same thing and can enlighten me a bit. Thank you.

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

gssidhu19

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
AOR May 5, 2020
Medical Passed: June 26, 2020
BIL: June 26, 2020
On my profile it says biometric is valid till Sept 10, 2025. I haven’t been outside to of Canada after I have entered back in November 2015.
Has anyone got the same thing and can enlighten me a bit. Thank you.
For PR, you have to give your biometric each time you apply. Biometrics are good for 10yrs only for Temporary resident applications.