+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
I just got notice that my medical was passed and am asked to send biometrics.
Its probably been asked a million times, but they are still closed right, in Toronto?

Or is there places now doing biometrics.

Also, if anyone knows, is everything on halt until Biometrics are submitted or do they work away on the rest of the stuff?
Hi friend. Have you not done biometrics before entering Canada? Are they not valod for 10 years?

Jesse.Li

Jun 15, 2020
Hi everyone. I just recently received an invitation to the CEC. From what I understand is that the coop experience (1 year that I have) does not count towards the minimum requirement for CEC. I do have experience oversea for a year and Canadian experience for four months as full-time employment. Should I be continuing submitting my application or I should reject the invitation because of my lack of 1 year of minimum Canadian work experience.

Not quite sure why I would still get invited as my experience is not qualified for the CEC. Thank you for your attention.

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hi everyone. I just recently received an invitation to the CEC. From what I understand is that the coop experience (1 year that I have) does not count towards the minimum requirement for CEC. I do have experience oversea for a year and Canadian experience for four months as full-time employment. Should I be continuing submitting my application or I should reject the invitation because of my lack of 1 year of minimum Canadian work experience.

Not quite sure why I would still get invited as my experience is not qualified for the CEC. Thank you for your attention.
If you were Full time student, Student work experience doesn’t count towards the minimum requirements for the CEC.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
The best bet would decline the invite I would say? It is weird to me because they shouldn't have sent me the invite in the first place.

Should I wait for the invite from the FSW instead? Thank you.
You are applying from which province? Why you don't try the province nomination program. Some provinces they require 6 month of Canadian work experience only.

Jesse.Li

Jun 15, 2020
You are applying from which province? Why you don't try the province nomination program. Some provinces they require 6 month of Canadian work experience only.
Thank you for your quick response. I applied for the Express Entry BC – International Graduate. I am still currently waiting for the updates and got a score of 99.

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Thank you for your quick response. I applied for the Express Entry BC – International Graduate. I am still currently waiting for the updates and got a score of 99.
I am also international graduate like you, but I waited for one year after graduation to apply. However, I have some friends they applied for FSW and they got accepted through the provincial nomination program with lower scores.

Jesse.Li

Jun 15, 2020
I am also international graduate like you, but I waited for one year after graduation to apply. However, I have some friends they applied for FSW and they got accepted through the provincial nomination program with lower scores.

Have you gotten any invitation to any of the programs?

Jesse.Li

Jun 15, 2020
Yes. I applied in March originally eligible for FSW. Then at April got Invitation in for CEC as it was going to be one year of Canadian experience in May.
I guess you are waiting for your results now? Same here, applied in March and eligible for FSW, didn't get an invite for the FSW, but the CEC now.

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
I guess you are waiting for your results now? Same here, applied in March and eligible for FSW, didn't get an invite for the FSW, but the CEC now.
I think you have to decline this invitation and change something in your application where you state when you start working. So they will only send you invitation through the FSW.

Jesse.Li

Jun 15, 2020
May I ask what documents did you upload for the proof of employments for your previous job
Hi there. I haven't actually submitted any proof of employment but I do have some employment history in Canada as a coop job. I am wondering why I haven't received any invitation for the FSW.