+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC April 2020 applicants join here for updates.

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hi what documents did you upload for your previous employments? thanks
You should provide letter of employment that list your 1. Job title. 2. Working hours per week. 3. Job Duties. 4. Annual salary. 5. Printed on a company letter head and provided the company address and contacts. You can also provide pay Subs if you have them.

sophienz

Apr 29, 2020
Just to confirm -

I am applying through CEC so I do not need to submit proof of funds, even though in the document checklist there is a section for this? From what I can read, in this section I can submit a LOE saying that due to applying through CEC, I do not need to provide this information.

Just thought I would check with everyone about this. It seems strange that section is not automatically taken out based on what stream you are applying to!

Cheers :)

EmyHoang

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Hi, I ticked yes unconciously for this question and submit my application already. Will IRCC require proof of military service for that.
But I am a womenand is exempt from military service in my home country.
Anyone here have the same situation? Do you think I need to write LOE?

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Just to confirm -

I am applying through CEC so I do not need to submit proof of funds, even though in the document checklist there is a section for this? From what I can read, in this section I can submit a LOE saying that due to applying through CEC, I do not need to provide this information.

Just thought I would check with everyone about this. It seems strange that section is not automatically taken out based on what stream you are applying to!

There is no problem with providing the Proof of Funds if you applying through CEC. It is just might take longer time for the immigration officers if they are going through the document to check it.

bileec

Jul 16, 2019
Hi guys, I was wondering if you guys submit your paystubs as I only uploaded my T4 and NOA. I hope it won't cause me in trouble.

bileec

Jul 16, 2019
Hi folks! How are you guys providing proof of financial support? I was of the understanding that CEC candidates are not required to provide this, however, it is listed as one of the required documents on my portal. See below for an excerpt from the CIC site.

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

We’ve updated the table that shows how much money you need to settle in Canada. To stay eligible, you may need to update your settlement fund numbers in your Express Entry profile. The update must be done no later than February 25, 2020.
Updating your profile doesn’t change the date and time that we received it, so you’ll keep your rank if you’re in a tie-breaker situation.
Proof of funds is how you show us that you have enough money to settle in Canada. If we invite you to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money.
Who needs proof of funds
You need proof of funds to meet the minimum requirements of the
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if
  • you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
I did gave them the financial support doc.s per requested in the list.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Just to confirm -

No, do not need at all

Sandy.Chichu

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Goa India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
10/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2015
Experienced folks need your little help. I received ITA on april 8th. At the time of submitting my file my hours per week were around 27.70 through which I got ITA. my friend had inputted 27.40 but he didnt receive any ITA and received it in the next round. But when I ordered my experience letter my hours dropped to 27.40 due to COVID scenario. So I am not sure if I should use the same ITA or decline the old one apply for new one.

Jesse.Li

Jun 15, 2020
Hi all. I have received an invitation to CEC. I do not have work experience after graduation in Canada. But I do have work experience oversea in Asia with a Candian company. As far as I know, only a year of Canadian experience would count towards the CEC minimum requirement.

Would the experience where the contract signed in Asia but working for a Canadian count towards that? Thank you, everyone.