+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - MAY 2020 *JOIN HERE *

SICKER

Sep 9, 2020
Applied for PR on May 14, submitted biometrics in December. My ATIP report showed that my file hasn't been touched since last July(!!!!). Weird, because people who applied after me have already gotten their documents. Does anyone know who should I contact for help? It looks like my file is dumped in a trash can and noone will get back to it unless I do something
I am exactly in the same sitaution. I sent a webform and I literally asked if my application was thrown away or the officer still works for the department as no body has touched my application since July. Their response was "the information I provided in the webform is not valid" which is totally BS as all they were correct. Now, they refuse to answer. What kind of joke they are!

legenddaniel

Aug 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
Hi all I just got feedback from the webForm and it says:
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
What does it mean by `valid`?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I am exactly in the same sitaution. I sent a webform and I literally asked if my application was thrown away or the officer still works for the department as no body has touched my application since July. Their response was "the information I provided in the webform is not valid" which is totally BS as all they were correct. Now, they refuse to answer. What kind of joke they are!
Im assuming all of us.May applicants might have some hope when the medicals is expired and they extending it as most of tge applicants whose medicals got extended got approvals i guess as the officer has to get back to file to reasses or may be to extemd the medical not sure but just a thought based on most applicants..mine will be expiring next week apr27 will.update if i see any..

Reactions: Newbieee88

ExpressEntryMay2020

Apr 23, 2021
Canada, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
31-05-2020
Med's Done....
22-07-2020
AOR May 31,2020
Eligibility- Recommend Passed
Security - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Biometrics -October 5,2020
Medicals Passed July 22,2020

AmyH

Mar 19, 2021
Finally, received my COPR on Wednesday, April 21, 2020. Would like to share the timeline of my application.

Category: CEC-inland, 1 applicant
Processing Office: Vancouver BC
May 18, 2020-AOR
June 19, 2020-1st Request Letter for updating application fees
July 8, 2020-2nd Request Letter for IMM5406-Aditional Family Information Form
July 13, 2020-Medical Pass/Receive Biometrics Collection Letter
Oct 13, 2020-Biometrics Pass
March 22, 2021-Ordered AITP notes (haven't received them yet )
April 20, 2021-Eligibility Pass
April 20, 2021-Background Check Finished
April 21, 2021-Received COPR information letter
April 23, 2020-Mail the COPR information letter and two photos to the Vancouver office (CIC said it would take 121 days to process the card)

During the waiting, I received many GMs which I did not record the specific dates. I called CIC in October 2020 and November 2020, after that It quite difficult to transfer to an agency. When the day I received the copr information letter, I was not surprised, I thought it could be another GM. By the way, I received a GM on Monday, April 19, 2021. I guess it could be a sign of processing documents.

Hope this is helpful to all! Good luck!

harmantoor1993

Nov 16, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon can you please help me understanding the gcms notes
In my gcms notes under criminality section it is writtent sub activity 2:
Created date :2020/04/16
Created by:Biometrics
Updated by:EAICIBIDS
Uci:
Family name :
Given name:
Type :BIOMETRICS-RCMP
Validity date :
Status updated by:EAICIBIDS
Status update date :2020/09/22
Assigned to :RC-6262
Assigned by:biometrics
Due date :

can you please help me whats is the meaning of status Received-NRT means and did rcmp already sent result to immigration .

worrier123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
AOR 6 May

Got rejected today, cited reason was that

'I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description for NOC 6235'

No more details as to why that was concluded were given, and according to my GCMS notes I was approved for eligibility on 30 July 2020. The puzzling thing is that I didn't actually apply under that NOC category (which is a financial advisor, i was a bar manager), and the sentence before in the letter acknowledges that. There's been some sort of mistake, I'm just not sure where. I've detailed it all in this thread if anyone wants to read more- https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rejection-of-cec-application-crucial-error-on-letter.729875/

My background check was updated to passed very recently so I imagine people with a similar application to me, minus the problems, will be receiving COPR soon. Good luck if you're still waiting!

worrier123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
According to p.2 of the notes under 'assigned to' its MM19180, does that sound right?

Just checked- that is also who approved my eligibility in July 2020 according to the case notes.

harmantoor1993

Nov 16, 2017
Just call them hopefull they can open back again .i think even call centre agent had power to do that .i know they have for work permit but not sure about express entry

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
No it seems like it wasn't
I’m sorry to hear this. It must have been a mix up with another applicant I’m thinking. You have 0631 and someone else has 6235 and maybe the officer was working on both applications at the same time and mixed it up. Anyway a web form should clear this up.