+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - MAY 2020 *JOIN HERE *

chester2000

Nov 2, 2018
Folks, I need your advice.
I have applied for PR under CEC on May 7th. The application is in progress.
I'm here in Canada working remotely under the Work permit, which expires in Jan 2021.
Question: Can I leave Canada for several months and wait for PR outside of Canada?
My concern is: Border restrictions will not allow me to enter Canada and in the worst case, if COVID will stay until 2021, my work permit will expire and I will not be able to extend it from outside Canada. This might lead to a PR application being rejected.

I would be glad to hear any suggestions.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Folks, I need your advice.
I have applied for PR under CEC on May 7th. The application is in progress.
I'm here in Canada working remotely under the Work permit, which expires in Jan 2021.
Question: Can I leave Canada for several months and wait for PR outside of Canada?
My concern is: Border restrictions will not allow me to enter Canada and in the worst case, if COVID will stay until 2021, my work permit will expire and I will not be able to extend it from outside Canada. This might lead to a PR application being rejected.

I would be glad to hear any suggestions.
COVID-19 and the travel restrictions are almost certainly going to be with us well into 2021. I suggest you remain in Canada, or at the very least seek to return while your current work permit is still valid; if you do you should be allowed to enter. Then you can apply for a BOWP.

Reactions: chester2000
Jun 18, 2020
Hi,
Guys my CRS is 479 and I am a CEC applicant (currently in India). I have not submitted my profile yet as it would be difficult for me and family (Spouse and a month old kid) to go for PCC and medicals in Pune due to covid.

Both of our IELTS scores are expiring in end of Sept.

Is there a possibility that I submit my profile, get ITA and then ask for some more time for docs (PCC and Medical) submission. Will they allow it?

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hi,
Guys my CRS is 479 and I am a CEC applicant (currently in India). I have not submitted my profile yet as it would be difficult for me and family (Spouse and a month old kid) to go for PCC and medicals in Pune due to covid.

Both of our IELTS scores are expiring in end of Sept.

Is there a possibility that I submit my profile, get ITA and then ask for some more time for docs (PCC and Medical) submission. Will they allow it?
You mean you don’t have ITA yet?
Pls do submit your profile and get in the draw, and hopefully get selected and get ITA.
Afterward, you can move forward. With an ITA you can submit your application without PCC and Medicals and all you have to do is explain your predicament on an LOE and you might get lucky if more time to get these documents.

itway better than not doing anything, while your IELTS go to waste.

Jun 18, 2020
You mean you don’t have ITA yet?
Pls do submit your profile and get in the draw, and hopefully get selected and get ITA.
Afterward, you can move forward. With an ITA you can submit your application without PCC and Medicals and all you have to do is explain your predicament on an LOE and you might get lucky if more time to get these documents.

itway better than not doing anything, while your IELTS go to waste.
Thanks a lot :). Yes, I have not put my profile yet thinking how will I manage the documents. But as you said, I do have valid reasons. I will submit my profile and then explain my situation. Thank you

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Thanks a lot :). Yes, I have not put my profile yet thinking how will I manage the documents. But as you said, I do have valid reasons. I will submit my profile and then explain my situation. Thank you

you are welcome.
CEC draws don’t happen often, until Corvus-19 happened (a blessing in disguise), so take advantage of the lucky window before it ends. And I heard they have increased the Indication of intent/PR submission to 90 days instead of 60 days.

so go do it.
All the best

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
See here. Your application won't be refused as long as the reason you're missing documents (such as your medical results) is due to COVID-19 disruptions. At some point you will need to get them done, but no need to worry right now as they seem willing to provide reasonable time extensions.

If you're actually qualified for CEC with a CRS score that high, you'll get an ITA in the next draw on July 9, and I would highly advise you accept it and get the ball rolling on your application.

VSunrider

Jun 30, 2020
HELP NEEDED!

We have received an ITA at the end of May (we submitted back in December 2019, and my partner - primary applicant - has quit the job he attached the job offer for, to the application - but we are FSW1) under CEC.

I can't find anywhere if his job offer is still valid (i.e. if we will lose points we got on it), and the information on CIC website isn't quite clear on this: per one set of info it is valid, per another to be valid he needs to have a confirmation he will work there for at least one year upon receiving PR. Wtf?

What should we do, should we decline ITA, remove his job offer from documents, and go back to the pool with potentially lesser number of points, or proceed further (could we be refused, even if he attaches an explanation of why he doesn't have the letter of employment or whatever it is that shows he will be working for a year after receiving PR)? Does he need this under CEC, anyway? And if CEC looks for stuff in the past, why the hell do they state the "future work" about the job offer?

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Hi guys,

I just wanna give you guys an update, I received Letter for Biometrics and passed medical today. My AOR is May 9th.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
At what time you recieved the email and did u applied for BOWP or u still have PGWP valid? ...just wanted go know my aor may 14th hopefully expectimg by end of next week...

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
At what time you recieved the email and did u applied for BOWP or u still have PGWP valid? ...just wanted go know my aor may 14th hopefully expectimg by end of next week...
about an hour ago, 9pm. My work permit is still valid.

Sa Ra

Jul 2, 2020
Hi guys
Right now I am in Canada by open work permit.I want to apply for CEC.But I am confused about the proper score to apply. What is the proper score to be eligible for receiving ITA?

juliep21

May 28, 2020
COVID-19 and the travel restrictions are almost certainly going to be with us well into 2021. I suggest you remain in Canada, or at the very least seek to return while your current work permit is still valid; if you do you should be allowed to enter. Then you can apply for a BOWP.
I'm kinda in the same situation here. But my question is if that's the case , am I still outland CEC applicant? Let's say I'll be waiting outside Canada and when they approve my PR application, I can come back when the border opens right?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
HELP NEEDED!

We have received an ITA at the end of May (we submitted back in December 2019, and my partner - primary applicant - has quit the job he attached the job offer for, to the application - but we are FSW1) under CEC.

I can't find anywhere if his job offer is still valid (i.e. if we will lose points we got on it), and the information on CIC website isn't quite clear on this: per one set of info it is valid, per another to be valid he needs to have a confirmation he will work there for at least one year upon receiving PR. Wtf?

What should we do, should we decline ITA, remove his job offer from documents, and go back to the pool with potentially lesser number of points, or proceed further (could we be refused, even if he attaches an explanation of why he doesn't have the letter of employment or whatever it is that shows he will be working for a year after receiving PR)? Does he need this under CEC, anyway? And if CEC looks for stuff in the past, why the hell do they state the "future work" about the job offer?
If you don´t have the required documentation to prove the status for which you received additional CRS points (canadian work experience, foreign work experience, future job offer, language tests, etc) those points will be deducted and your application will likely be rejected.