*******CEC AOR APRIL 2021*******

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hey @EdiCavani07

I haven't received any GU since my medical passed. That's the reason I was surprised when the agent told me that eligilibilty is passed. My status for all stages is the same since AOR.
Is your status for Eligibility and Background check same as below since AOR?

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Prabh_555

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Is your status for Eligibility and Background check same as below since AOR?

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
yup, it's the same. I ordered GCMS notes now to get more information about the application. I will update here once I received notes

Reactions: EdiCavani07

CDave

May 18, 2017
CEC applicant
AOR 2 April 21
Bio request 3 May
Med passed 3 May
Ghost update received today. This is my second GU. What changes on the application? I never noticed what it said before and am reading that it changes, from for example....Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Mine says;
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • No interview needed
  • No additional doc
  • Thoughts?

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
yup, it's the same. I ordered GCMS notes now to get more information about the application. I will update here once I received notes
I saw that you have received an update on the application progress using webform. Could you please share the message template that you used to get specific updates regarding Eligibility, Criminality etc.. ? Usually, they respond to webform by providing a generic response without divulging details about individual application aspects.

Rojaj16

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hey guys my AOR 20 April 2021 there is no update since my submission . Not even medical I submitted through consultant . Can I call IRCC directly to check on status . Is there anyone on same situation. Someone help me in this .do I have to worry about this ?

Prabh_555

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
I saw that you have received an update on the application progress using webform. Could you please share the message template that you used to get specific updates regarding Eligibility, Criminality etc.. ? Usually, they respond to webform by providing a generic response without divulging details about individual application aspects.
Here is the message I sent them:
I want to know the status of the application. Specifically the visa office and if any stage is passed or in the process.

If the agent is nice they will respond with all details. Otherwise just a generic response.

Reactions: Aronnima

Prabh_555

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Hey guys my AOR 20 April 2021 there is no update since my submission . Not even medical I submitted through consultant . Can I call IRCC directly to check on status . Is there anyone on same situation. Someone help me in this .do I have to worry about this ?
Yes, you can call them directly or raise a web form and just ask about the status.

Sukh4canada

Apr 7, 2021
Today call to agent Aor 2and april
Med passed after 13 days
Eligibility “recommended pass “
Background in process .
What is mean by recommended pass

Sukh4canada

Apr 7, 2021
Called IRCC today: Vo: Ottawa AOR: 1st April 2021
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Info sharing: In Process
Security: Not started

Does anyone know how much time security takes?
I call today saying eligibility recommended pass
Background in process
What is mean by recommended passed?

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
I call today saying eligibility recommended pass
Background in process
What is mean by recommended passed?
Here is a reply from @legalfalcon for this question:
"The eligibility is recommended passed by a program analyst and this is then reviewed by an officer, who makes the final determination. In most cases, the officer will go with what the recommendation is. However, he does have a discretion to go against, but highly unlikely."
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/post-6203211

Reactions: scenestrange

genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Cec Inland 3 Dep
AOR - 4/29
Upfront Medical - 3/1
Medical Passed - 5/18
Biometrics updated - 5/18 (previous from work permit)
Contacted Ircc today 5/27
Eligibility - passed
Criminality - passed
Security - Not Started
VO - CPC Ottawa