+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******CEC AOR APRIL 2021*******

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I got my first Ghost update. See details below.

CEC Inland - with one dependent
AOR - April 6
Bio done - Apri 27 (from 2019 - Work Permit)
Medical passed - April 27
Ghost update - May 27 (Background changed from "We are processing your background..." to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check")

Reactions: icb and genieve876

icb

Jan 29, 2021
Cec Inland 3 Dep
AOR - 4/29
Upfront Medical - 3/1
Medical Passed - 5/18
Biometrics updated - 5/18 (previous from work permit)
Contacted Ircc today 5/27
Eligibility - passed
Criminality - passed
Security - Not Started
VO - CPC Ottawa
Hello if you don't mind me asking what is your background status right now does it say we are processing your background check... or is it your application is in progress?

genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017

AOR - April 6
Ghost update - May 27 (Background changed from "We are processing your background..." to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check")
Awesome

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Hello if you don't mind me asking what is your background status right now does it say we are processing your background check... or is it your application is in progress?
After the ghost update today, BG changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" before that the status was “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information”

It doesn't make any sense, but I guess it means IRCC is checking my file which is good.

Reactions: icb

icb

Jan 29, 2021

AOR - April 6
Hello my AOR is April 11
Bio April 28
Medical April 28
My background also changed from we are processing your background to your application is in progress

icb

Jan 29, 2021
After the ghost update today, BG changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" before that the status was “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information”

It doesn't make any sense, but I guess it means IRCC is checking my file which is good.
Yes my background changed to same status as well I don't know

genieve876

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
It says we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

Reactions: icb

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
Hello folks
My timeline is as follows

ITA- 13 feb
AOR- 29 apr
No update after that (called IRCC twice, they told it has been assigned to an officer but no update after that)

CEC inland applicant with outland dependent (spouse). My spouse was rejected for Spouse open work permit twice. I am still waiting for any update.
Have not even recieved biometrics request.

Is it normal or I am the only one unlucky here?
Thanks in advance

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Hello folks
My timeline is as follows

ITA- 13 feb
AOR- 29 apr
No update after that (called IRCC twice, they told it has been assigned to an officer but no update after that)

CEC inland applicant with outland dependent (spouse). My spouse was rejected for Spouse open work permit twice. I am still waiting for any update.
Have not even recieved biometrics request.

Is it normal or I am the only one unlucky here?
Thanks in advance
Are your dates from 2021? If so, wait at least one full month before contacting IRCC.
About your spouse's WP refusals, if you declared that you should be fine. The only different is post R10 where Background Check can take more time

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
Are your dates from 2021? If so, wait at least one full month before contacting IRCC.
About your spouse's WP refusals, if you declared that you should be fine. The only different is post R10 where Background Check can take more time
Yes, i applied in 2021. I called IRCC as everybosy is getting biometrics request in between 15-18 days and its almost been a month in my case.
could you please tell what is R10 and when to apply this?

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Yes, i applied in 2021. I called IRCC as everybosy is getting biometrics request in between 15-18 days and its almost been a month in my case.
could you please tell what is R10 and when to apply this?
Yes, usually medicals+bio are updated within 10-20 days but can take more. Are your medicals updated and submitted by the clinic? worth to double check .

R10 is the completeness check that usually happens with Biometrics + Medical update.

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
Yes, usually medicals+bio are updated within 10-20 days but can take more. Are your medicals updated and submitted by the clinic? worth to double check .

R10 is the completeness check that usually happens with Biometrics + Medical update.
Medical and biometrics are not updated, as per IRCC representative. I don't have the access to my GC key login as I applied through an agent.
Do you know any other way to check?

Rojaj16

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Medical and biometrics are not updated, as per IRCC representative. I don't have the access to my GC key login as I applied through an agent.
Do you know any other way to check?
Iam in the same situation apart from waiting I guess we don’t have any other choice AOR 20 April 2021