CEC
Update:
Called IRCC:
Biometric not needed
CriminalityPassed
Security not started
Eligibility not started
VO: Edmonton
@shwasti1995 : We have same AOR: 13th April.

If you don't mind, could you please let us know what status do you see for your Eligibility and Background Check in GCKey portal.

For @nirajparihar , @jagann and I, it has been in process since AOR. It can't be the case that both Eligibility and BGC are in process since the first day.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I have seen threads where the status of Eligibility and BGC was "Your application is in progress..." and then changed to processing after an update on portal.
The change from "Your application is in progress..." ----> "We are reviewing / We are processing... " makes more sense as it means that IRCC started working on that particular aspect of your application.

What was your experience with Eligibility and BGC status in GCKey account?

Reactions: jagann

shwasti1995

May 19, 2015
@shwasti1995 : We have same AOR: 13th April.

If you don't mind, could you please let us know what status do you see for your Eligibility and Background Check in GCKey portal.

For @nirajparihar , @jagann and I, it has been in process since AOR. It can't be the case that both Eligibility and BGC are in process since the first day.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I have seen threads where the status of Eligibility and BGC was "Your application is in progress..." and then changed to processing after an update on portal.
The change from "Your application is in progress..." ----> "We are reviewing / We are processing... " makes more sense as it means that IRCC started working on that particular aspect of your application.

What was your experience with Eligibility and BGC status in GCKey account?
Sure I see the same status as you. I will update again if anything changes in the coming days but as of now this is what I see:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Sure I see the same status as you. I will update again if anything changes in the coming days but as of now this is what I see:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
@shwasti1995 : Did you get any Ghost Updates since AOR apart from when Medical and BIO got updated? Do you remember if status of Eligibility and BGC was same since AOR?

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Anybody from April 2021 AOR got eligibility reviewed and security started ?

AOR 23rd April 21.
MED-Passed
BIO-exempt
Criminality-passed
Info sharing-passed
Eligibility - Not started (Confirmed by IRCC agent over a call)
Security- Not started (Confirmed by IRCC agent over a call)
VO Sydney Nova scotia

Last edited:

shwasti1995

May 19, 2015
@shwasti1995 : Did you get any Ghost Updates since AOR apart from when Medical and BIO got updated? Do you remember if status of Eligibility and BGC was same since AOR?
The only update I got was in May4th regarding my medical. I don't remember what the status message was originally but after may 4th they have been the same.

Is your status message different for Eligibility and BGC than mine?

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
The only update I got was in May4th regarding my medical. I don't remember what the status message was originally but after may 4th they have been the same.

Is your status message different for Eligibility and BGC than mine?
No, It is same as your Eligibility and BGC. It has been same since my AOR (13th April).
After your update, it is clear that these status(s) might not show actual progress of your application as agent confirmed to you that your Eligibility has not started even though portal says "We are reviewing your eligibility..".

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
No, It is same as your Eligibility and BGC. It has been same since my AOR (13th April).
After your update, it is clear that these status(s) might not show actual progress of your application as agent confirmed to you that your Eligibility has not started even though portal says "We are reviewing your eligibility..".
or eligibility is under review and IRCC agent doesn't know about it, many times IRCC agent can see updated status only when its done(correct me if I am wrong)

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
The eligibility status in your IRCC account will remain static until you receive a decision. So not really a good gauge of where you your app is at.

Reactions: scenestrange

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
The eligibility status in your IRCC account will remain static until you receive a decision. So not really a good gauge of where you your app is at.
Seems to be logical ...that is the final decision, albeit Security can start when a first officer review eligibility and give 'recommended pass'

LuXar

Mar 13, 2018
Anybody from April 2021 AOR got eligibility reviewed and security started ?

AOR 23rd April 21.
MED-Passed
BIO-exempt
Criminality-passed
Info sharing-passed
Eligibility - Not started (Confirmed by IRCC agent over a call)
Security- Not started (Confirmed by IRCC agent over a call)
VO Sydney Nova scotia
agent told you all this info right ?

cause in the account it does not show anything

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi @NOC98,
This question about Eligibility and BGC status arose from different threads for CEC applicants.
I personally know one CEC applicant for whom
Eligibility status at AOR : "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"
Eligibility status after a GU (GU was later than the one people are getting at MEP and BIO promotion): "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

This change clearly shows the progression in the app status. But in our case (@nirajparihar ,@jagann ), the status has been "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." since AOR which can't be true.

I am just trying to understand this disparity among recent CEC applicants.

Reactions: jagann

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi @NOC98,
This question about Eligibility and BGC status arose from different threads for CEC applicants.
I personally know one CEC applicant for whom
Eligibility status at AOR : "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"
Eligibility status after a GU (GU was later than the one people are getting at MEP and BIO promotion): "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

This change clearly shows the progression in the app status. But in our case (@nirajparihar ,@jagann ), the status has been "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." since AOR which can't be true.

I am just trying to understand this disparity among recent CEC applicants.
I have the same Eligibility status after receiving GU. But note that my Medical has not passed yet as well as my biometrics still not updated (had it during PGWP application).