AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
On their website said the processing time for CEC within 6 months but your application is processed so fast. Thay's why I am curious about mine.
A lot of recent cec applicants have quite a quick progress actually. Someone with March 2021 AOR already have had theirs approved. IRCC is probably prioritizing inland applicants right now I think.

Reactions: TonyPayne

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
A lot of recent cec applicants have quite a quick progress actually. Someone with March 2021 AOR already have had theirs approved. IRCC is probably prioritizing inland applicants right now I think.
Does Your criminality and information sharing complete?

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
did you speak to an agent or the IVR machine ?
I was able to speak to an agent. Best time to give them a call the earliest their office opens. I've tried calling noon til the afternoon before but I couldn't get a hold of an agent.

Reactions: TonyPayne

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
Hello is your background check saying we are processing your background check.... or is it saying your application is in progress ....
Mine says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Reactions: icb

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016

EdiCavani07

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Called IRCC. Passed the eligibility.
It's good to see your application progress.
I have few queries, if you don't mind.

1. Were you BIO exempt? ( You have mentioned BIO Request - April 22, 2021)
I was wondering if you were exempt and BIO details got updated in the account on April 22 or you got a BIO request and you enrolled BIO after it.

2. What were your Eligibility and BGC status in the account at the time of AOR?
For me both status(s) have been in process since AOR. It can't be the case that both Eligibility and BGC are in process since the first day.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I have seen threads where the status of Eligibility and BGC was "Your application is in progress..." and then changed to processing after an update on portal.
The change from "Your application is in progress..." ----> "We are reviewing / We are processing... " makes more sense as it means that IRCC started working on that particular aspect of your application.

What was your experience with Eligibility and BGC status in GCKey account?

Reactions: jagann

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
I am exactly in the same situation, my background check started as "We are processing ...." and Eligibility as "We are reviewing ....". This means anything or not I have no idea, I will be very happy if someone explains if this is something different or usual

LuXar

Mar 13, 2018
I am exactly in the same situation, my background check started as "We are processing ...." and Eligibility as "We are reviewing ....". This means anything or not I have no idea, I will be very happy if someone explains if this is something different or usual
same for goes for me.

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016

I was wondering if you were exempt and BIO details got updated in the account on April 22 or you got a BIO request and you enrolled BIO after it.

For me both status(s) have been in process since AOR. It can't be the case that both Eligibility and BGC are in process since the first day.

Review of eligibility

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I have seen threads where the status of Eligibility and BGC was "Your application is in progress..." and then changed to processing after an update on portal.
The change from "Your application is in progress..." ----> "We are reviewing / We are processing... " makes more sense as it means that IRCC started working on that particular aspect of your application.

1. Nope. Came here in 2016 as a student. Biometrics was pretty quick, 20 mins after I gave my fingerprints, it already appeared in my application.

2. At the time of my AOR, my eligibility says the same as yours but my background check, forgot what exactly said, but something in the lines of "background check has not been started". It only changed to in progress after passing my medical.

nirajparihar

Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
Hey Guys!
ITA: 13th Feb 2021
AOR: 13th April 2021
MEP: 29th April 2021
BIO (exempt): 29th April 2021

Just want to know if anyone has similar status for Eligibility review and BGC. I haven't received any GUs and both of these are in process (at least it seems like it in the portal) since e-APR.

Review of eligibility

Background check

I have seen threads where the status of Eligibility and BGC was "Your application is in progress..." and then changed to processing after update on portal.
Anyone has any insight on this?
I have exact same dates and status as yours..

Reactions: jagann

jagann

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018

Review of eligibility

Background check

same boat and same dates