18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
fkl said:
Yeah, at max it is an initial period (as recommended by some senior guys as 6 months) AFTER which any thing could be a justified cause, your circumstances changed, you might have gotten a better job and what not.

PR is not restricted to one location in the long run in any way. It technically can't be else it would not be a Canadian PR
There is no initial period. Once you're PR , you're PR. As long as you don't land in Quebec, you shouldn't have any issues. I can confirm this because When I had to prove that I'm intending to remain in Ontario, the officer said they wanted to prevent me now as once I have PR I could go back anyways.

Joyce423

Nov 27, 2013
kushari said:
Of course it is, after you're PR you can live anywhere. I have a Quebec health Insurance Card without having a CSQ. After I graduated I applied for it, it was a new program they introduced when I graduated. Mine is valid to the end of my work permit.
Yes, I am sure that one can get the QC health card when holding a work permit and having a job there.
But what I am worried about is that when you become PR through CEC, how to get Quebec health Insurance Card in QC if you move there.

Their website says both PR card and CSQ are required.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Joyce423 said:
Yes, I am sure that one can get the QC health card when holding a work permit and having a job there.
But what I am worried about is that when you become PR through CEC, how to get Quebec health Insurance Card in QC if you move there.

Their website says both PR card and CSQ are required.
Exactly what is what i was saying. I also have a health card based upon work permit and CAQ - NOT CSQ.

But once i apply for a PR through CEC and get that, i am not sure i could get the same.

The health card obtained when being a student is held in the same place as that for a work permit. It doesn't guarantee that you would get one once you have a PR out of the province of Quebec.

jaiarora2k

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-01-2014
Hello Seniors,
I am a Nov 2013 Applicant. I filled my application from India and currently in India. I am having experience from Quebec. Today I have received an email from VO asking me the letter to support intention to work outside Quebec.
Can you please help me what all supporting documents can I apply to proof the same. I do not have any offer letter currently.

From the forum this is what I understood:

--> Current Address proof (as I am in India) will this work
--> I have no job offer because to apply in Canada I need WP or PR

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance!!

hello3384

Dec 14, 2011
Dear All,

Thank you all for providing information through this website. When I applied for PR this form helped me a lot to get various information throughout the process. My application succeeded and I became a PR few months back. Therefore, Now I would like to give some information back so that it will be useful for others. I have the following comments,

1. I am a CEC applicant while working in Quebec for full time
2. You are eligible to apply as long as you meet other requirements. The experience in Quebec is a Canadian Experience for sure ( some people do have that doubt ). The key matter is you need to prove your intention to live outside Quebec, that's all.
3. I applied without any proof and I received a letter stating "they have serious concerns about my intension"
4. I replied stating the following,
(a) My job is not permanent
(b) I applied for various other jobs outside Quebec ( better to apply for some jobs during the process so that you can provide some proof)
(c) An affidavit attested by the notary saying that my intention is genuine
(d) I would like to support my child and want her to attend an English School ( Since none of her parents speak french)
(e) I have no family connections in Quebec but do have a relative outside Quebec. And a letter from them stating that they are looking forward
(f) some proof of funding ( fixed deposits in Canadian banks) and said, this money I have saved to move outside QC after I receive my PR
5. I received the immigrant visa
6. Went to a boarder outside and give the address of my relative outside QC to send the PR card
7. After landing, I came back to Quebec and continued my temporary job here
8. Even now my intention is to go outside Quebec due to the earlier mentioned reasons. Since I have to finish my temporary job here I am continuing the same. In parallel, I keep on applying for various jobs outside Qubec.{ I do have the proof of my applications and interviews I attended}
9. No issues with Quebec Insurance (RAMQ) they said if the province in my "conformation of permanent residence" is outside Quebec they don't need any CSQ

I did all the process by myself. As far as I know they only thing to be careful is to attach as much as proofs that you can provide that shows your intention to live outside the province. My entire process took roughly 8 moths, I might have saved two months, if I could have attached enough proofs to live outside Quebec at the time of application.

Hope this helps.Best of luck for all the PR applicants.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@hello3384, that was really useful information. Thanks for posting that +1. I know of at least 4 people including myself who could really really benefit from this, possibly ignoring to choose a lawyer merely to clear this glitch of "showing intent of moving outside of Quebec".

Great help.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
@hello3348

Thanks for posting. Helps us get a better understanding of CIC's requirements. I am also applying without a lawyer and left my permanent Montreal based job recently to strengthen my "intent to reside outside Quebec".

Here's to hoping I get the same VO!! =)

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
Congratulations hello3384!

I am also in almost the same situation, but we opted to get out of Quebec. We just finished our lease contract and my kids' schooling. I believe that those with the same situation as ours has already received that letter from CIC. I haven't, and I do hope I wouldn't receive it since I have changed my address already.

Here's hoping that everyone will be able to get through this soon!

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
iamelle said:
Congratulations hello3384!

I am also in almost the same situation, but we opted to get out of Quebec. We just finished our lease contract and my kids' schooling. I believe that those with the same situation as ours has already received that letter from CIC. I haven't, and I do hope I wouldn't receive it since I have changed my address already.

Here's hoping that everyone will be able to get through this soon!
Hi elle,

Can you share your experiences? Have you applied for BOWP in Quebec and have you successfully renewed RAMQ card? Did CIC ask intention letter?

Thanks

Yumz

Mar 19, 2015
@hello3384, that was really useful information. Thanks for posting that +1. I know of at least 4 people including myself who could really really benefit from this, possibly ignoring to choose a lawyer merely to clear this glitch of "showing intent of moving outside of Quebec".

Great help.
Hi Fkl,

Thanks for this super useful thread, i know this is 3 years after your case so could you give us an update what happened and were you able to obtain your PR while still residing in Quebec? I'm in the same boat where i'm eligible to apply for CEC and would like to live in TO because:
  • better job prospects for my spouse (both of us dont speak french)
  • family ties in Ontario
  • possibility of a relocation from my employer to be based in Ontario (this is a bit tricky though since our head office is in montreal but we have some ontario based employees who work from home so i'd be requesting for the same!)
the catch is i can't move out of Montreal right away and would take me about 8-10months to move from now, could this be a problem in getting the PR?

thanks!

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi! Has anyone recently successfully applied for PR through the EE pool from inside Quebec without a valid job offer from outside Quebec? We are looking for jobs but unfortunately lack of PR is making that hard.
Just wondering what our chances are of actually getting PR when applying from inside Quebec (we intend to leave as soon as my partners job contract is up)