+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC and a Job in Quebec

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
helo_canada said:
Hello ... Lets say my frnd receive PR (from federal) while working in Montreal.
What is the next step, he has to land in Montreal or Toronto.
What about SIN? Is he can apply SIN in Montreal after landing in Toronto?
What about Health Card? Is he can apply Health Card for himself and family in Montreal after landing in Toronto?
Seniors please advise.
SIN is federal. Visit Service Canada.

Health Card is provincial and has provincial residency requirements (proof of address such as payslips, bills, etc.). In Ontario visit Service Ontario, in Quebec the Quebec equivalent.

helo_canada

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Thanks a bunch guys..

Background:
Currently my frnd is in Montreal and applied for federal.
He wants to land in Toronto and come back to Montreal and work as usual.
So just out of curious about the SIN and Health card?
However, I will keep yuo posted his landing experience once he becomes PR.
Just hoping it would not be a problem landing Toronto and moving to Montreal....

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
helo_canada said:
Thanks a bunch guys..

Background:
Just hoping it would not be a problem landing Toronto and moving to Montreal....
Is it CEC? It explicitly states before you start your application that the applicant shouldn't intend to reside in province of Quebec. If the question comes up you (your friend?) might have to convince the border agent that there is no such intent using employment and residency records.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
thisisauser said:
Is it CEC? It explicitly states before you start your application that the applicant shouldn't intend to reside in province of Quebec. If the question comes up you (your friend?) might have to convince the border agent that there is no such intent using employment and residency records.
Exactly, plus i believe there is a six month restriction of some sort too to abide by the rules of the PR program you chose. So i really doubt this would fly. LANDING IS NOT THE KEY HERE.

If you look back at this thread, this is exactly the same situation i am asking questions about and others have posted their past experiences. CIC would sent a letter showing concern that "convince us that you are apply for CEC and intend to move out of Quebec since you are working in Montreal and living there, they HIGHLY doubt you would move outside. Submit proof in 60 days and if you fail to do so, the application is refused. period"

Hope you got the idea

Joyce423

Nov 27, 2013
helo_canada said:
Thanks a bunch guys..

Background:
I don't think it is possible to go back living in Montreal because how he gets a quebec health insurance card without CSQ?

doubty

Mar 5, 2014
This is a good question. Someone can apply though CEC because intends to live outside of Quebec, but waht happens if then your circumstances change and you decide to live in Quebec? o maybe not live but study or work for some time because you get a good offer? Does anyone know what would legally be the situation? Just a question, not my case

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
doubty said:
This is a good question. Someone can apply though CEC because intends to live outside of Quebec, but waht happens if then your circumstances change and you decide to live in Quebec? o maybe not live but study or work for some time because you get a good offer? Does anyone know what would legally be the situation? Just a question, not my case
As a PR you can live anywhere in canada, including quebec.
I've not heard about a timeframe imposed as indicated above.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
lpc19800 said:
As a PR you can live anywhere in canada, including quebec.
I've not heard about a timeframe imposed as indicated above.
To clarify, i didn't explicitly read this time frame imposition written any where officially by CIC. I have read it as advised by forum members such as Loen and a couple others probably that if you have given it six months, you are safe in every way.

There have been several threads discussing people getting PR, landing in say Alberta to get medical coverage from day one and then moving to other provinces shortly. Probably they have added some sort of rule for this now as well.

salzafar

Jun 18, 2012
Are you guys saying that once you become PR, you can live in Quebec and there won't be a problem applying for citizenship ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Yeah, at max it is an initial period (as recommended by some senior guys as 6 months) AFTER which any thing could be a justified cause, your circumstances changed, you might have gotten a better job and what not.

PR is not restricted to one location in the long run in any way. It technically can't be else it would not be a Canadian PR

lucky_CA

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Send with application
File Transfer...
09-07-2013
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-02-2014 (Ottawa) , 07-03-2014 (local visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
I think 6 month restriction is for provincial health care not for PR.

To be eligible for provincial health care you must reside in that province for 6 months in the first year and no more than 30 days continuously outside that province.

Just a question, After landing in Toronto if I move to Quebec and after 3 months waiting period can I apply for Quebec provincial health care without a CSQ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
That makes sense regarding provincial health care being six months.

But again i think these are most closely related i.e. your health card is the first piece of id that determines your residential location. Probably DL is next. You can't pretty much do any thing in Quebec if you have health card from some where else and have to keep that for a while i.e. not apply for Quebec one's for six months.

I don't know whether you can move from Toronto and get that health card. But i can tell you that three month waiting period has nothing to do with PR being granted some where else.

I landed in Montreal on a work permit so i had CAQ instead of CSQ and i had to register asap for health card. Then it would come 3 months latter. I doubt that if you go there 3 months post landing (even that in another province), they would accept that as waiting period.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Joyce423 said:
I don't think it is possible to go back living in Montreal because how he gets a quebec health insurance card without CSQ?
Of course it is, after you're PR you can live anywhere. I have a Quebec health Insurance Card without having a CSQ. After I graduated I applied for it, it was a new program they introduced when I graduated. Mine is valid to the end of my work permit.