AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
Thanks for your info krmmtl, I will keep following this..

hello3384

Dec 14, 2011
Hello, I am also in the similar situation. Just received an email stating that I have to prove my intention to live outside Quebec. How I can do that? Will an affidavit stating that I will move outiside quebec once I received PR would be a good idea?

hello3384

Dec 14, 2011
krmmtl said:
An August applicant living and working in Quebec received the below e-mail regarding his/her application.
So you are gonna need to prove that you are intending to reside outside of Quebec
Dear krmmtl, I also received a similar email. Whats your plan. I called a lawyer who asked me to pay 2000$ for solving this issue. You got some idea?

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hi,

If your employer can provide a letter stating, they can move you to a different location(where they have business or office) you can provide that as a Proof.

Or you need a employment offer outside Quebec.

I know people who Applied CEC and provided letter from Employer expressing the willingness to move outside of Quebec and received the PR.

Thanks

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
hello3384 said:
Hello, I am also in the similar situation. Just received an email stating that I have to prove my intention to live outside Quebec. How I can do that? Will an affidavit stating that I will move outiside quebec once I received PR would be a good idea?
can you please let me know, when did you submitted your Application. would like to know after how many months they asking for this details..

Thanks

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
You all have a permanent job? My contract here is only for 2 years, probably will get the third year but maximum 3 years is the limit. So I plan to explain this situation in the cover letter with my application. The other reason is I dont speak French, and I am working in a city people are all speaking French here (not like Montreal). I definitly dont intend to live in Quebec due to the language problem. I hope the two reasons could convince the VO. Wish you guys good luck, and any news please update me! thanks.

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
jeeks2012 said:
can you please let me know, when did you submitted your Application. would like to know after how many months they asking for this details..

Thanks
I would like to know as well. thanks!

helo_canada

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Hi All,

The below is my case, please need an advise.

Currently working in Montreal, Quebec (client).
Employer base location is Toronto.
I have been in Montreal for 2 years and applied under CEC.
I have also prior experience in Toronto for 2 years before and working for the same employer.

What are the chances of getting query. Does anybody under the same situation, if so please share the experience.
Thanks for the help in advance.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
xihy06 said:
You all have a permanent job? My contract here is only for 2 years, probably will get the third year but maximum 3 years is the limit. So I plan to explain this situation in the cover letter with my application. The other reason is I dont speak French, and I am working in a city people are all speaking French here (not like Montreal). I definitly dont intend to live in Quebec due to the language problem. I hope the two reasons could convince the VO. Wish you guys good luck, and any news please update me! thanks.
I would be very interested to know what happened in your case? Were you able to prove intention?

The only difference for me is, that my employer has head office in Gatineau and i might be transferred there. Gatineau is like a bridge away from Ottawa. I was considering moving to Ottawa after PR and work with the same employer. We have many people from the same company who work in Gatineau and live in Ottawa. Does that sound practical?

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
^ I think that is ok. As long as you have a non-Quebec address you would be fine. I am almost on the same boat and will apply for CEC later this month and will start applying for jobs in Toronto next month. I plan on attaching a cover letter to my application mentioning about the language problem and my kids' schooling. We are just staying here in Quebec for the duration of this school year and will relocate in Ontario on or before the school ends. And as soon as we relocate, I will inform CIC about it. I do hope this is reason enough to prove my intentions of going out of the province.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
iamelle said:
^ I think that is ok. As long as you have a non-Quebec address you would be fine. I am almost on the same boat and will apply for CEC later this month and will start applying for jobs in Toronto next month. I plan on attaching a cover letter to my application mentioning about the language problem and my kids' schooling. We are just staying here in Quebec for the duration of this school year and will relocate in Ontario on or before the school ends. And as soon as we relocate, I will inform CIC about it. I do hope this is reason enough to prove my intentions of going out of the province.
That makes sense though my situation would differ slightly. I have the same grounds, no interest in wasting a lot of time to pass french exam to apply for CSQ unless i have no way to avoid it.

But the problem is, i am on a work permit, and have no plans to change employer for now. My LMO says Montreal. So i can't actually work in the Gatineau office legally until EITHER i get a renewed LMO by my employer (which is possible but a lot of effort and time), then join gatineau office and shift residence to Ottawa THEN APPLY FOR CEC.

On the other hand if CEC could accept my initial application and ask me to move at some latter stage WHEN I AM LEGALLY ALLOWED TO WORK OUTSIDE MONTREAL without new LMO, only then i move my residence.

If the latter of above is true, i can simply apply for CEC as soon as my period is through and will move to Ottawa and work at Gatineau office WHEN CIC asks for it. Before that i probably would be able to provide a letter from my employer confirming they would relocate my job to Gatineau.

What do you think? Or do you think i will have to move to Ottawa first BEFORE PUTTING CEC APPLICATION and give address of there?

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
fkl said:
I would be very interested to know what happened in your case? Were you able to prove intention?

The only difference for me is, that my employer has head office in Gatineau and i might be transferred there. Gatineau is like a bridge away from Ottawa. I was considering moving to Ottawa after PR and work with the same employer. We have many people from the same company who work in Gatineau and live in Ottawa. Does that sound practical?
hi fkl, sorry i've been away for a long time. I submitted my cec application in August 2013 and got the AOR in Oct. Now still waiting for the notification from CEC but nothing yet, and my case is still in 'application received' status. BTW I finished my two years contract in Quebec last year and now i'm working in Germany. I sent an email to CPPO to change my address and it was changed already online...So I am not sure if the residence in Quebec is still a problem for my case. If they inquire me about the residence, what I can only do is to provide my current lease and job contract in Germany to them.

As your case is a bit different i am afraid i cannot give much advice..better you ask some professionals.. good luck!

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
CLIPPER said:
Will having a Quebec address and a job in Quebec for the moment though have an impact on my application approval? : NO

still having a job there and residing there when you apply?:
NO PROBLUM
Could that be taken to mean that I do intend to settle here? : NO
(You must Land/live outside of Quebec after getting PR)
Wow, all your information is incorrect, having a job and living there while applying without showing that you are trying to leave, will get you denied. After you land, you can do whatever you please. Don't post information if you aren't sure.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
xihy06 said:
hi fkl, sorry i've been away for a long time. I submitted my cec application in August 2013 and got the AOR in Oct. Now still waiting for the notification from CEC but nothing yet, and my case is still in 'application received' status. BTW I finished my two years contract in Quebec last year and now i'm working in Germany. I sent an email to CPPO to change my address and it was changed already online...So I am not sure if the residence in Quebec is still a problem for my case. If they inquire me about the residence, what I can only do is to provide my current lease and job contract in Germany to them.

As your case is a bit different i am afraid i cannot give much advice..better you ask some professionals.. good luck!
Hi xihy06,

Thank you - that was valuable information nonetheless. Still please do post here of any major update in your scenario. I would probably still seeking info to get through.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kushari said:
Wow, all your information is incorrect, having a job and living there while applying without showing that you are trying to leave, will get you denied. After you land, you can do whatever you please. Don't post information if you aren't sure.
Hi Kushari,

I was a bit skeptical about this too. Any way can you please elaborate what you think on this? i.e. having a job in Quebec (Montreal) but approval from employer to move to their Gatineau office and move to live in Ottawa (since there already are many people living like this there - though i don't know if they were already on PR / citizenship or not) would serve as a sufficient intention.

Specifically adding the fact that gatineau being a small city vs Ottawa being more english, better schools for english speaking kids, easier availability of halaal food etc. serve as convincing arguments?