+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC and a Job in Quebec

praj87

Jul 23, 2012
Hi All,

I currently live and work in Quebec. However, I do not intend to stay and settle in Quebec permanently (I want to move elsewhere in Canada eventually) and so I figure I am best off applying for the CEC. I would probably even be moved away by the time my application is processed (I'll be moving next spring) but, if not, I would move whenever I got my PR approved.

Will having a Quebec address and a job in Quebec for the moment though have an impact on my application approval? I know Quebec work experience counts towards the CEC but what about still having a job there and residing there when you apply? Could that be taken to mean that I do intend to settle here?

Thanks for any help!
Jesse

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
praj87 said:
Hi All,

I currently live and work in Quebec. However, I do not intend to stay and settle in Quebec permanently (I want to move elsewhere in Canada eventually) and so I figure I am best off applying for the CEC. I would probably even be moved away by the time my application is processed (I'll be moving next spring) but, if not, I would move whenever I got my PR approved.

Will having a Quebec address and a job in Quebec for the moment though have an impact on my application approval? I know Quebec work experience counts towards the CEC but what about still having a job there and residing there when you apply? Could that be taken to mean that I do intend to settle here?

Thanks for any help!
Jesse
i think quebec have their own skilled worker category. if u currently live and work in quebec, u might be qualified for quebec skilled worker only (might not qualify for cec). wait for senior members to suggest for u as well.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
How exactly would you proof to CIC that you do not intend to settle in Quebec when you live and work there? :eek: They are not going to take your word for it. Goodluck!!

praj87

Jul 23, 2012
Yes, Quebec does have it own skilled immigrant program but the issue is this - I don't want to immigrate to Quebec. I want to live and work outside of Quebec but I currently reside there. I am intending on moving within the year and so when my application will finally be evaluated I would be out of Quebec but in the mean time I still have to put a Quebec address on the application.

Is this a problem?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I don't know the answer to your question. Sorry. You can check with the CIC call center, a lawyer, wait till you move to apply or apply and see what happens. Goodluck!

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
praj87 said:
Yes, Quebec does have it own skilled immigrant program but the issue is this - I don't want to immigrate to Quebec. I want to live and work outside of Quebec but I currently reside there. I am intending on moving within the year and so when my application will finally be evaluated I would be out of Quebec but in the mean time I still have to put a Quebec address on the application.

Is this a problem?
hi.

You can apply for CEC class with Quebec experience. Your application will be accepted and process will start. They will send AOR,Medicals etc..but when the time your processing near completion...you will get a letter from CIC stating your application is approved and we are going to make decision thats when you should pack your bags to go out of quebec. Also you might have to send a letter to CIC telling them the reasons you will be surely going out like your wife job issues, kids education issue etc... and should have plans on where you are moving etc.. Saying that i ve seen ppl who are CEC PR staying in Quebec. but i dont know how they get their medical insurance and sin without CSQ... Also important at the time landing make sure you dont go to the Quebec port of entry...they will ask for your CSQ and for getting your PR card delivered give a non quebec address.

hth

praj87

Jul 23, 2012
thanks prasamp. I'll attach a letter with my application. I'm planning on a taking a job in April-May that will be out of Quebec but for the meantime I felt it left me in an awkward spot.

I'll give them a call as well, just to double check.

Thanks again!

CLIPPER

Sep 11, 2010
Will having a Quebec address and a job in Quebec for the moment though have an impact on my application approval? : NO

still having a job there and residing there when you apply?:
NO PROBLUM
Could that be taken to mean that I do intend to settle here? : NO
(You must Land/live outside of Quebec after getting PR)

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
praj87 said:
thanks prasamp. I'll attach a letter with my application. I'm planning on a taking a job in April-May that will be out of Quebec but for the meantime I felt it left me in an awkward spot.

I'll give them a call as well, just to double check.

Thanks again!
Hi praj87, how is everything going with your cec application? I am exactly in the same situation with you. I am working and living in Quebec now but my contract is only for two years. I intend to live outside Quebec in the future because I don't speak French. But i am afraid my current residence and address will affect the application approval. Could you pls give me your progress on cec application? thx a lot!

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Don't take my word, but this is what I heard from my lawyer. You can live in Quebec, however they might put you in front of a judge to prove that you are trying to live outside and you will have to prove it. Showing job applications, etc. This will probably delay your application. I didn't want to take that chance, and moved out of Quebec right away and then applied.

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
kushari said:
Don't take my word, but this is what I heard from my lawyer. You can live in Quebec, however they might put you in front of a judge to prove that you are trying to live outside and you will have to prove it. Showing job applications, etc. This will probably delay your application. I didn't want to take that chance, and moved out of Quebec right away and then applied.
Thank you so much kushari. I still have 3 months at least working in Quebec but I want to send my application at the latest next month because I almost have everything prepared...... Your suggestion is that I should wait until I move out of QC?

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Yeah, That's what I would do, just to be on the safe side. But wait until more experienced people also give you their thought. I was just lucky enough to be financially able to drop everything and move.

edit: grammar

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
kushari said:
Yeah, That's what I would do, just to be on the safe side. But wait until more experienced people also give you their thought. I was just lucky enough to be financial able to drop everything and move.
Good for you.. it's really not so easy for me to change a place and drop everything here in a short time. Thx again kushari, wish you good luck!

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Yeah it was easy for me because I'm single, have no family here so I can move around without much hassle.

krmmtl

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Passport Req..
31-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2013
LANDED..........
15-08-2013
An August applicant living and working in Quebec received the below e-mail regarding his/her application.
So you are gonna need to prove that you are intending to reside outside of Quebec

mkapadia said:
As expected, received the below email from CIC today. Now it is almost certain that it will be rejected. Any suggestions/ways to prevent this?

--------------------------------------------------------------
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please note that your file is in process and will continue to be processed at the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office. I am writing you this letter to express my serious concern(s) regarding your application.

You have been working and residing in Montreal, Quebec since your arrival in Canada in May 2010. As per R87.1(1), the Canadian experience class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada, their experience in Canada, and their intention to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. You demonstrate strong ties to the Province of Quebec given your employment history. For this reason, I am not satisfied you intend to reside outside the Province of Quebec. Therefore, I am not satisfied your meet the requirements of the program.

Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information and/or documentation that would allay my concern(s). You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/ or documentation to the above address.

Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit. If you choose not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay these concern(s), your application may be refused.

We look forward to receiving the additional information and/or documentation within 60 days.

Yours truly,
--------------------------------------------------------------