+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC) 1 year work experience from two different NOC?

Abbyakins

Oct 21, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have 6 months of job experience in a call center as a Telesales Representative (NOC B) and then I started working as a Data Analyst (NOC A, Code 2172) in a different company for 1.5 years. Can I add both the jobs in my profile and count two years as my total job experience?
I have to apply as soon as possible. Please let me know if any of you have gone through the same situation.
Thank you
Nazrul.
hi please I work with S&P. the HR said job title is “telesales representative with a specialization in telecommunications”. So am confused if I should use NOC 6221. since you’ve worked in call centre too, did they accept your NOC

Joelgeorgec

Aug 21, 2017
hi..plese help me by replying to my doubt. i have 7 months experience as a welding machine operator in canada under NoC level B (7237). i quitted that job today due to my health problems. if i get a noc level B job 2 months after and completes 5 months on that job, can we add 7+5=12 months(1 year) to get 1 year experience as an eligibility criteria for PR. does 2 months without thejob in betwee these two jobs a prblem?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi..plese help me by replying to my doubt. i have 7 months experience as a welding machine operator in canada under NoC level B (7237). i quitted that job today due to my health problems. if i get a noc level B job 2 months after and completes 5 months on that job, can we add 7+5=12 months(1 year) to get 1 year experience as an eligibility criteria for PR. does 2 months without thejob in betwee these two jobs a prblem?
Yes you can do that as long as it is NOC A, B or 0 and full-time.

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
You only count hours if you are part-time (working fewer than 30 hours per week) to calculate one year of full-time equivalent (which by defintion takes longer than 1 calendar year to accumulate).

IF you are working full-time (defined as 30 or more hours worked per week) you must work a full calendar year (52 weeks). Yes, you can combine more than one job, more than one NOC.
If you have 2 jobs, what will be the primary job for CEC then? Documents for which job will you use?

anikaur

Aug 4, 2021
Hi, I am currently on an implied status (awaiting for the final decision for my PGPW that I applied last week of June 2021).
I am currently working as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - part-time in one of the clinic in Vancouver (like 25 hours/weeks).
Can I look for another part-time job as LPN?

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi, I got promoted under a NOC B level job in the same company that I am working now. Will there be any issue if my salary didn’t change? Thank you

Lyna Madi

Aug 18, 2021
Hi there,
I started working as an English teacher in August 2018 with a full time contract. My contract ended in August 2020 and was renewed as a part time contract due to the COVID 19.
At the same time (August 2020) I had started working on a second teaching job, ie: part time in my previous work place + the new one I had started.

I would like to know if for the immigration process, I can accumulate both part time jobs to be considered full time.

Looking forward to hearing your response.
Best regards.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,
I started working as an English teacher in August 2018 with a full time contract. My contract ended in August 2020 and was renewed as a part time contract due to the COVID 19.
At the same time (August 2020) I had started working on a second teaching job, ie: part time in my previous work place + the new one I had started.

I would like to know if for the immigration process, I can accumulate both part time jobs to be considered full time.

Looking forward to hearing your response.
Best regards.
Since you have asked under a CEC thread, assume this is for Canadian experience? You can count the two part time jobs.

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Do you put the NOC code that you worked in when in Canada for your EE profile if you're aiming for CEC? I worked in 1123 (nearly have one year), but most of my foreign work exp is in 5121. Does it matter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you put the NOC code that you worked in when in Canada for your EE profile if you're aiming for CEC? I worked in 1123 (nearly have one year), but most of my foreign work exp is in 5121. Does it matter?
It is 5121 until you complete a year of 1123. After a year of experience, you can select either NOC as your primary.

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
It is 5121 until you complete a year of 1123. After a year of experience, you can select either NOC as your primary.
Thanks. And what does "1 year mean"? I started work on 26 October 2020. Do I wait till 26 October 2021 to submit my profile?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm not - not enough points. CEC I get to 430ish CRS when I get one year of Canadian experience. FSW grid goes to 67 as well on one year of Canadian experience.
So you don't have 67 points yet? Eligibility not CRS score. If you don't have 67 points, you have to wait.