+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cap exempt applicants applied in 2017 pls connect here

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
tell me about it.... I haven't heard of anyone that applied in 2017 that has received the CSQ. Have u?
there have been few cases here and there where we heard a few of the 2017 applicants have gotten their CSQs (check this thread and other similar threads of inland applicants) but the bulk of inland applicants (myself included) are impatiently waiting for our long overdue delivery of CSQs

Reactions: ILovMontreal

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
So your case is eligile for priority processing. It's very strange that you haven't received your CSQ yet...
I do have 6 under AOT. But no CSQ yet, waiting almost 1 year now. I think they are discriminating Asians for regular skilled streams too.

It will take a lawsuit to reveal what they are doing with all that prepaid money they got from people around the world.

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Hi,

Hope you all are aware that there was an amendment done to the CSQ selection points on 8th March 2017 by MIDI. According to the new selection points I know many of us who applied during the time of June 2016 and August 2016 intake were impacted.

I guess many of them might have moved on and currently going ahead with new plans to immigrate. Those who not yet received any update or still on " waiting for treatment' in your submitted application, there is good news for you all.

You might be eligible for a refund of you fee that you paid for the CSQ application if you became ineligible due to the amendments done to the selection gird.

Pasting the key points of the verdict below which was issued by the Superior Court of Québec on February 19, 2018.

You can contact the below mentioned lawyer who is in charge of this case for more information.

Me Olga Redko
oredko@imk.ca
IMK LLP
3500 De Maisonneuve Boulevard West
Suite 1400
Montréal, Québec H3Z 3C1
T: 514 934-7743 | F: 514 935-2999

CLASS ACTION AGAINST THE MINISTRY OF IMMIGRATION, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVENESS OF QUEBEC (THE “MIDI”)

C.C.M. 500-06-000660-130

NOTICE OF CLASS ACTION AUTHORIZATION

Read this notice carefully as it may affect your legal rights.

If you applied to immigrate to Québec in the “skilled worker” class between 2009 and March 2017, you may be a member of the class action that was authorized by Justice Pepita Capriolo of the Superior Court of Québec on February 19, 2018 for the following groups of persons (the “Class Members”):

Group 1

All individuals who filed an application with the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec for a selection certificate in the “skilled worker” category prior to July 8, 2013:

• Whose application had not reached the preliminary processing stage as of August 1, 2013;
  • Whose application included form A-1520-AA or A-1520-AF containing the phrase “Your application for a selection certificate will be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted” or similar language; and
  • Whose application has been or will be refused by the Minister because, due to the retroactive application of August 1, 2013 amendments to the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals, CSLR I-0.2, r.2., the individuals no longer accumulated enough points to pass preliminary processing or to be selected.
Group 2

All individuals who filed an application with the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec for a selection certificate in the “skilled worker” category prior to July 8, 2013:

• Whose application had not reached the preliminary processing stage as of August 1, 2013; and
  • Whose application has been or will be refused by the Minister because, due to the retroactive application of the August 1, 2013 amendments to the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals, CSLR I-0.2, r.2., the individuals no longer cumulated enough points to pass preliminary processing or to be selected.
Group 3

All individuals who filed an application with the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion du Québec for a selection certificate in the “skilled worker” category:

• Whose application had not reached the preliminary processing stage as of March 8, 2017; and
  • Whose application has been or will be refused by the Minister because, due to the retroactive application of the March 8, 2017 amendments to the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals, CSLR I-0.2, r.2., the individuals no longer cumulated enough points to pass preliminary processing or to be selected.

You can see the full article and court order in the below link.

https://imk.ca/en/rahim-and-rhia-basnet-v-midi/

Thanks

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Well that lawsuit is for those who became ineligible due to the change in rules. I hope the applicants will win the lawsuit.

A new lawsuit should be made to reveal information ( like freedom of information act or something ) about what they are doing with other applicants. They should be made to reveal statistics, like how many CSQs were issued in 2017, to which nationalities, under how many points and under which category, because that will reveal their discrimination against certain nationalities.

Yasminia

May 2, 2018
Hey Friends =) Just want to share my timeline here:
Inland application
Applied: March 2017
Doc Request: December 2017
Doc Submitted: February 2018
Doc Received: March 2018
CSQ Issued: --

Good luck everyone!