+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't get through to CIC

brit_brat

Mar 12, 2018
Is there something wrong with CIC's phone system at the minute?

Yesterday I tried calling TEN different times, including when they just opened and I hear 'unable to transfer to an agent'

I have just tried calling them five times this morning as well.

I have also sent them email after email and they send a generic reply with no specific guidance. I have recorded all the times and dates I have called and sent that in an email too.

Not sure what more you can do apart from take a day off work and spend the day on the phone!

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Nothing wrong with the line, it's just that they are busy and don't have many agents. Keep calling, you will get through eventually. Took me quite a while to get through.

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Is there something wrong with CIC's phone system at the minute?

Yesterday I tried calling TEN different times, including when they just opened and I hear 'unable to transfer to an agent'

I have just tried calling them five times this morning as well.

I have also sent them email after email and they send a generic reply with no specific guidance. I have recorded all the times and dates I have called and sent that in an email too.

Not sure what more you can do apart from take a day off work and spend the day on the phone!

-----

I've been trying to call them today too. I didn't even hear the option of "talking to an agent". Where did they say it? Thank you!

micjai

May 16, 2018
You just actually have to try it several times. It will take time and you can try the other options to get thru eventually. Then it will prompt you. The agent will be you shortly, then your wait time. It takes time, my average would be 8-12 tries before I get through.