+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian born child - Need to include in this Application?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kat_jack said:
Hi Doda ,
After last week system maintenance the system updates for Canadian born child did you noticed?

If i select not include him into application -it shows Unaccompany payment not included .
If i select include him into the application - it shows accompany payment included in upload section .

Both option Family Member Proof of Status need to be uploaded.

Thanks
Hey kat_jack

No. I don't open the application on weekends. So which is it then? I called the CIC and the agent told me it is a very tricky question! ! Then after she gave it some thought and she told me to include him as he's a minor and has to accompany me at all times!! I don't to pay for his immigration as he won't, but this is frustrating.

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
I guess they want the Canadian child to be included for 2 reasons:
1- They want to know the exact number of the candidates dependents who will be in Canada
2= The POF is the same wether your child is Canadian or not

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MMCanada2014 said:
I guess they want the Canadian child to be included for 2 reasons:
1- They want to know the exact number of the candidates dependents who will be in Canada
2= The POF is the same wether your child is Canadian or not
well, this question comes after I already declared how many children I have regardlessd of citizenship. The problem comes when I'm asked that this Canadien child is accompanying me or not in this PR application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canadian children are not included, either as accompanying or non-accompanying. The call centre is useless; they have virtually no training and if you call 3 times, you'll get 3 different answers. Canadians are not included as dependents in PR apps.

Reactions: El_Brujo81

pigtao710

Feb 9, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Canadian children are not included, either as accompanying or non-accompanying. The call centre is useless; they have virtually no training and if you call 3 times, you'll get 3 different answers. Canadians are not included as dependents in PR apps.
This is correct answer. I have the same situation and I declared my Canadian born baby but not included her in the application. However, I did explain it with detail and attached her birth certificate to the explanation letter.

My application has already been approved.

Reactions: El_Brujo81

pather_pathik

Oct 27, 2016
pigtao710 said:
This is correct answer. I have the same situation and I declared my Canadian born baby but not included her in the application. However, I did explain it with detail and attached her birth certificate to the explanation letter.

My application has already been approved.
Hello, I am having the the same issue. Could you please give me a LOE format for this case ? TIA

IAMFINE

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
hi guys, I am in the same situation, do I declared my canadian born baby an non-accompanying applicant, hope this is fine.
Do I need to do Medical for my child?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
IAMFINE said:
hi guys, I am in the same situation, do I declared my canadian born baby an non-accompanying applicant, hope this is fine.
Do I need to do Medical for my child?
Your questions are answered in the previous posts.

soka

Apr 25, 2016
Hello,

What do I need to do to exclude my Canadian son from the PR application,

how can I answer "How many children does XXX have? If my answer is 1, I see that he is being added automatically to the application therefore I need to submit his documents.

Shall I answer as zero and add him in the "immediate family members that have not been identified in the application"

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
soka said:
Hello,

What do I need to do to exclude my Canadian son from the PR application,

how can I answer "How many children does XXX have? If my answer is 1, I see that he is being added automatically to the application therefore I need to submit his documents.

Shall I answer as zero and add him in the "immediate family members that have not been identified in the application"
Any idea what should be done here?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
chiranjit said:
Any idea what should be done here?
For PR applicants with Canadian child(children) and/or Canadian spouse

When you have got an ITA and continuing your "system generated PR application", You will be asked to answer questionnaire for your PR application. In that questionnaire, you will be asked to verify/input answers to the questions about personal/family information.

When you count Number of family members, you must count
1. Primary applicant.
2. Spouse - Whether Canadian or not.
3. Child(ren)/Grand Child(ren) - Whether Canadian or not.
4. Step Child(ren)/ Step Grand Child(ren) - Whether Canadian or not.
5. Daughter in law/ Son in law - Whether Canadian or not.

Along the way when you are completing your questionnaire and based on your answer for number of family members, you will be asked a question for each of your family member -"Do you want to include your -----that family member(spouse, first child, second child, first step child, second step child, daughter/son in law)---- in the application process?". You will have two option to choose from drop-down menu, Yes and No.

You should choose answer 'No' to
1. Any family member who are Canadian
2. if applicable, Spouse for applicants who have created EE profile by saying 'Spouse Not accompanying' to get more CRS points
3. Any family member whom you do not want to include.

After completing your questionnaire, based on your answer, System will generate some forms to fill out for you and each of your family member. For each family member for whom you have said 'not including in your application process', System will automatically consider them non-accompanying members of applicants and it will ask you to provide a REASON why they are not accompanying you. You can simply write down that He/She is a Canadian citizen so I have not included him/her in the application process OR 'some reason' for Spouse of the applicants who have get more CRS points for non-accompanying spouse.

You have to pay fees at the time of submitting your application and System will ask you to pay Total amount of visa fees for principle applicant and all the accompanying members. If you do as above, System will not count fees for Canadian family members in Total amount (as well as non-accompanying spouse if applicable).

In scenario where you have chose answer 'Yes' and included your Canadian family member in the application process, System will consider them accompanying member and hence it will ask you to pay visa fee for them too(Total amount). You can pay now and ask for REFUND afterwards in LOE. CIC will refund you. People who have already paid visa fees for their Canadian family members can also ask for REFUND in their LOE.

simonzabala

May 22, 2017
For PR applicants with Canadian child(children) and/or Canadian spouse

When you have got an ITA and continuing your "system generated PR application", You will be asked to answer questionnaire for your PR application. In that questionnaire, you will be asked to verify/input answers to the questions about personal/family information.

When you count Number of family members, you must count
1. Primary applicant.
2. Spouse - Whether Canadian or not.
3. Child(ren)/Grand Child(ren) - Whether Canadian or not.
4. Step Child(ren)/ Step Grand Child(ren) - Whether Canadian or not.
5. Daughter in law/ Son in law - Whether Canadian or not.

Along the way when you are completing your questionnaire and based on your answer for number of family members, you will be asked a question for each of your family member -"Do you want to include your -----that family member(spouse, first child, second child, first step child, second step child, daughter/son in law)---- in the application process?". You will have two option to choose from drop-down menu, Yes and No.

You should choose answer 'No' to
1. Any family member who are Canadian
2. if applicable, Spouse for applicants who have created EE profile by saying 'Spouse Not accompanying' to get more CRS points
3. Any family member whom you do not want to include.

After completing your questionnaire, based on your answer, System will generate some forms to fill out for you and each of your family member. For each family member for whom you have said 'not including in your application process', System will automatically consider them non-accompanying members of applicants and it will ask you to provide a REASON why they are not accompanying you. You can simply write down that He/She is a Canadian citizen so I have not included him/her in the application process OR 'some reason' for Spouse of the applicants who have get more CRS points for non-accompanying spouse.

You have to pay fees at the time of submitting your application and System will ask you to pay Total amount of visa fees for principle applicant and all the accompanying members. If you do as above, System will not count fees for Canadian family members in Total amount (as well as non-accompanying spouse if applicable).

In scenario where you have chose answer 'Yes' and included your Canadian family member in the application process, System will consider them accompanying member and hence it will ask you to pay visa fee for them too(Total amount). You can pay now and ask for REFUND afterwards in LOE. CIC will refund you. People who have already paid visa fees for their Canadian family members can also ask for REFUND in their LOE.
Hi. I have an inquiry. My case falls under this situation, where I have an ITA, I have a Canadian new born child, and I have a bit of confussion.

Following yours and everyone else posts, I have taken the following steps:

1) I declared my Canadian new born child as my second child (in Family Information questionnaire),
2) I decided not to include her in application, so the system generated "PR Child forms" and displayed her as "Unaccompanying"
3) Under "Personal details / PR Child form" and "Names" section, I found the "Please explain why not" text field, so I answered: "She is a Canadian citizen so I have not included her in the application process"

Now, still inside the "Personal details / PR Child form", there is a another section with name "ID Documents - summary". They ask if the child has a travel document (like passport) and I said "No"). As I answered "No", they ask if she has another government issued ID document?

- If I answered "No" ( as I still have not national document ID for her), the document never pass the completeness test (form stays in progress)
- If I answered "Yes", the prompt for a "National identity document #", what should I use?

Birth certificate?

I would like to know what everyone has used and what is the recommendation?

Thing here is that I still wait for the Birth Certificate to be ready for requesting one, and I have no passport for her.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Simon

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Hi. I have an inquiry. My case falls under this situation, where I have an ITA, I have a Canadian new born child, and I have a bit of confussion.

1) I declared my Canadian new born child as my second child (in Family Information questionnaire),
2) I decided not to include her in application, so the system generated "PR Child forms" and displayed her as "Unaccompanying"
3) Under "Personal details / PR Child form" and "Names" section, I found the "Please explain why not" text field, so I answered: "She is a Canadian citizen so I have not included her in the application process"

Now, still inside the "Personal details / PR Child form", there is a another section with name "ID Documents - summary". They ask if the child has a travel document (like passport) and I said "No"). As I answered "No", they ask if she has another government issued ID document?

- If I answered "No" ( as I still have not national document ID for her), the document never pass the completeness test (form stays in progress)
- If I answered "Yes", the prompt for a "National identity document #", what should I use?

Birth certificate?

Thing here is that I still wait for the Birth Certificate to be ready for requesting one, and I have no passport for her.

Simon
IN my case, I used Birth certificate and passport biodata page. You will have two sections to upload documents

Reactions: simonzabala

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017

Birth certificate?

Simon
Yes, You only need birth certificate for Canadian born baby. Passport is not compulsory for them.
You can enter birth registration number as a national identity document #.
You can duplicate birth certificate in all the baby's document upload, if you don't have a passport for your new born Canadian baby.
Wait for the birth certificate before submitting your application.

Reactions: simonzabala