+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian born child - Need to include in this Application?

kat_jack

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
HI All ,

Can you please clarify the below query ? Thank you in advance ! Appreciate your help

Is your second child included in this application?
My second child Born in Canada . Can you please let me know ,do i need to include
him? When i fill the family information details the question appeared as below.
Is your second child included in this application(Yes/No)?

How many family members does XXX have? (This includes XX, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.)

- Do i need to include my kid who has born in Canada ?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to include your child in the application. You can explain their citizenship status using their birth certificate/passport at a later point in time.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well the question is obvious. . You need to declare how many children you have regardless of their citizenship. I'm in the same situation and I delclared all of my kids and answered that my Canadian son is not included. You'll be asked for his medical par CIC instructions. The system unfortunately is not designed for these types of cases.

kat_jack

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Thank you Asivad and Doda!

If I include him and the system prompts me to upload medicals,photo,etc. Payment also included for him .

Please advice ,I need to pay and update his information in additional info.

Thanks

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well.. if s/he is declared and not included, s/he will be considered non accompanied, thus nothing is required of him/her except the medical. Then you upload his/her birth certificate or passport and a LOE instdead of the medical.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I haven't reach that part yet. But I believe the main applicant and the spouse who only pay. I might be wrong. Also, if s/he's isn't accompanied, then you don't have to pay for as s/he technically won't be immigrating with you.
I'll meet with a consultant soon who claims that he worked with CIC before. Will defiantly ask him about this.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kat_jack said:
Thank you for the update . If you get any updates/advice please share any info related to this.
Spoke with a consultant and called CIC. Both of them gave me the same answer that the child has to be Accompanied to our application as the child is a minor and to submit a LOE + birth certificate whenever an immigration document is required (Medical, etc.).
The funny thing is the CIC agent found the question very tricky and took her a while + research to give me that answer. :D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
A Canadian child is not included at all as a dependent in a PR app, accompanying or non-accompanying. They also do not require a medical or any fee payment. The child is not to be listed on IMM0008. They are declared on the Additional Family form.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
A Canadian child is not included at all as a dependent in a PR app, accompanying or non-accompanying. They also do not require a medical or any fee payment. The child is not to be listed on IMM0008. They are declared on the Additional Family form.
OK.. I understand that.. but the Express Entry post ITA profile asks a very simple straight forward question. How many children does XXX have? It doesn't as if Canadian or not. How would one answer such question?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Doda said:
OK.. I understand that.. but the Express Entry post ITA profile asks a very simple straight forward question. How many children does XXX have? It doesn't as if Canadian or not. How would one answer such question?
Answer it including any Canadian family members, as I believe after asking that question, it then asks if each family member is included in the application, correct? You would select "No", the child is not included in the app.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Answer it including any Canadian family members, as I believe after asking that question, it then asks if each family member is included in the application, correct? You would select "No", the child is not included in the app.
which I did. This will include my Canadian son as an non-accopanyed dependent. Thus, a medical will be required. The CIC agent told me that he has to included as he is a minor and can't be left non-included.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Doda said:
which I did. This will include my Canadian son as an non-accopanyed dependent. Thus, a medical will be required. The CIC agent told me that he has to included as he is a minor and can't be left non-included.
Chalk it up to the generic aspect of CIC applications. Even non-accompanying dependents can't be Canadian citizens/PRS, so your Canadian child definitely isn't classed as such.

Anytime it asks for anything in regards to the child, upload the Canadian birth certificate instead. And definitely do not get a medical or pay any fees for the child.

kat_jack

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi Doda ,
After last week system maintenance the system updates for Canadian born child did you noticed?

If i select not include him into application -it shows Unaccompany payment not included .
If i select include him into the application - it shows accompany payment included in upload section .

Both option Family Member Proof of Status need to be uploaded.

Thanks