+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian born child - Need to include in this Application?

simonzabala

May 22, 2017
Yes, You only need birth certificate for Canadian born baby. Passport is not compulsory for them.
You can enter birth registration number as a national identity document #.
You can duplicate birth certificate in all the baby's document upload, if you don't have a passport for your new born Canadian baby.
Wait for the birth certificate before submitting your application.
Hi Can_Indian, thanks for clarifying olak131's comments. I got worried that I would need the passport too, but your comments makes sense to me and gives peace of mind.

We are waiting for our canadian baby birth to be ready...

Thanks again folks!

Reactions: can_indian

indomieey

May 31, 2017
This is correct answer. I have the same situation and I declared my Canadian born baby but not included her in the application. However, I did explain it with detail and attached her birth certificate to the explanation letter.

My application has already been approved.
so are you saying you only include your child in the family information alone?

simonzabala

May 22, 2017
Yes, You only need birth certificate for Canadian born baby. Passport is not compulsory for them.
You can duplicate birth certificate in all the baby's document upload, if you don't have a passport for your new born Canadian baby.
Hi can_indian, I finally got my new born birth certificate this week. I have a question here. I am trying to input the birth certificate as a national identity document#...

1) the PR Child form is requesting a "expiry date", what do you suggest?

The Alberta Birth Certificate does not provide a expiry date, how can I do that? Need help.

Thanks in advance!

Simon

simonzabala

May 22, 2017
IN my case, I used Birth certificate and passport biodata page. You will have two sections to upload documents
Hi olak131, I finally got my new born birth certificate this week. I have a question here. I am trying to input the birth certificate as a national identity document#...

The Alberta Birth Certificate does not provide a expiry date, how can I do that? Need help.

Thanks in advance!

Simon

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Hi olak131, I finally got my new born birth certificate this week. I have a question here. I am trying to input the birth certificate as a national identity document#...

Thanks in advance!

Simon
I just put a 5 year expiry date.
That was what I did.

simonzabala

May 22, 2017
I just put a 5 year expiry date.
That was what I did.
Hi olak131, thanks for your quick reply.

Last question, what did you use for document#?
the registration number?

the thing is our baby is Albertan and the Alberta Birth Certificate comes with a bar code and a number plus a registration number...

Any clues?

Thanks again.

Simon

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Hi olak131, thanks for your quick reply.

Last question, what did you use for document#?
the registration number?

the thing is our baby is Albertan and the Alberta Birth Certificate comes with a bar code and a number plus a registration number...

Any clues?

Thanks again.

Simon
My baby is Albertan as well.
Can't remember exactly but I think I used the reg number. You are uploading a scanned copy and my gcms notes showed they verify with Stats Canada anyways.
All the best

soberdeepak

Mar 30, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
22-07-2018
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
31-01-2019
It’s out guys 441 and above

limgi89

Jun 28, 2018
Can i use OHIP card as national ID of my child?

sandipgoswami

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
which I did. This will include my Canadian son as a non-accompanied dependent. Thus, a medical will be required. The CIC agent told me that he has to include as he is a minor and can't be left non-included.
Hi Doda,
Yesterday I submitted my profile and my son is Canadian so I mention him as a non-accompanied dependent in my profile is it correct? Could you please advise me?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Sandip

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Doda,
Yesterday I submitted my profile and my son is Canadian so I mention him as a non-accompanied dependent in my profile is it correct? Could you please advise me?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Sandip
Yes, correct. Don't worry. Once IIRC finds out he's Canadian, they will remove him from the application.

Reactions: sandipgoswami