28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
smcan2014 said:
Responsible people in US have massive savings. People don't expect any benefits from the social security fund and thus every person that I have worked with or know of are extremely careful about how much they save. People know if they don't save up now they will have nothing to fall back on after they retire. This is basic finance.
I agree - and same thing goes for Canada. Responsible people have substantial savings here too.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
smcan2014 said:
Also, I said 80k because that seemed like the dream salary, based on the 2nd or 3rd post, for newcomers to Canada.
I wrote that third post - i never mentioned a salary amount/or range by the way. Rather what i recommended was that newcomers should set realistic goals for the first 6 months.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with that. only 1 in thousand immigrants get that kind of pay within first year. immigration is a life changing decision and should be taken considering one may have to go back so do not burn boats. its extremely easy for new comers if they have very close family here like sisters or brothers who can help in first year s stay since it helps in saving almost 10,000 $. and that is huge money considering one will not be able to bring in lot of income in the first year. there are other unique circumstances varying between immigrants as well. but one advice for all Canada seems like a heaven but there are lots of issues here as well.

I came here pursuing a dream but now I have come to conclusion that wherever you live peace can only come from within.

emamabd said:
I wrote that third post - i never mentioned a salary amount/or range by the way. Rather what i recommended was that newcomers should set realistic goals for the first 6 months.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drngopal said:
Hi,
Good to know of your qualifications. From your answers I understood that you should have knowledge about countries on a macro level. Taking your opinion about Canada, which I myself also had formed based on people cribbing about jobs etc, how good is a. The support from the govt, b. Redtape, c. Banking sector's financing capabilities and regulations, d. Getting high value, skilled, innovative employees to startup a company? Your opinion is highly appreciated. I an planning to go and keep trying for a job passively for 6 months to a year without stressing myself by depending on it totally to support my family while understanding the lifestyle and local practice and laying the groundwork to start a new company. To the extent of starting something to employ immigrants whose qualifications are upto the mark. In that 6 months to a year I plan to take up some low paying menial job close to my place of residence to meet my family's ends meet as much as possible without chipping off from the cash I take from my present home country.
My belief is that before you land in a new country, learn as much about it as possible. This helps you adapt quicker and will help you overcome many weakness you may have as a new immigrant. For me Canada has immense business potential. I personally look forward to setup a business in Canada. The market is huge and if you get it right, the returns will be beyond estimates.
As a businessman I will choose Canada over other developed countries to start a business.

Benefits of starting Business in Canada according to me:

1) Corruption free environment. Coming from a country like India I know how important it is to a businessman.
2) Canada needs more home grown companies to generate employment, hence government is supportive. If you manufacture products locally then the benefits will be extended.
3) Vast pool of talented immigrants. Majority of them are hard working and will give there best to have a better life and succeed.
4) Banks will look for credit history. But if you have a business plan that is worth investing in and has potential, they will waive of the credit history requirement.
5) Canadians have to import many products from US and that involves lot of messing around with border and customs. Any business that reduces this with its products have huge market on its hand.
6) The country is connected with high-speed internet throughout. E-commerce sector has huge potential.

These are few of the key benefits. I will advice that you look for a job initially. On the sidelines keep networking and meet people of similar interests. I will call it a team building exercise as per the nature of the business. Try getting people on board who are ready to invest in your business.
Also as a business you are giving back to the community by creating employment. Canada will provide you transparency to conduct business activities.

lvtruong

Nov 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-07-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2014<br/>Newborn MR done: 23-03-2015<br/>FBI PCC Submitted: 27-03-2015<br/>PPR/DM.....:31-07-2015<br/>Visa issued:07-08-2015<br/>PP returned:20-08-2015<br/>Landed:09-10-2015@YVR
rahulk9 said:
My belief is that before you land in a new country, learn as much about it as possible. This helps you adapt quicker and will help you overcome many weakness you may have as a new immigrant. For me Canada has immense business potential. I personally look forward to setup a business in Canada. The market is huge and if you get it right, the returns will be beyond estimates.
As a businessman I will choose Canada over other developed countries to start a business.

1) Corruption free environment. Coming from a country like India I know how important it is to a businessman.
2) Canada needs more home grown companies to generate employment, hence government is supportive. If you manufacture products locally then the benefits will be extended.
3) Vast pool of talented immigrants. Majority of them are hard working and will give there best to have a better life and succeed.
4) Banks will look for credit history. But if you have a business plan that is worth investing in and has potential, they will waive of the credit history requirement.
5) Canadians have to import many products from US and that involves lot of messing around with border and customs. Any business that reduces this with its products have huge market on its hand.
6) The country is connected with high-speed internet throughout. E-commerce sector has huge potential.

These are few of the key benefits. I will advice that you look for a job initially. On the sidelines keep networking and meet people of similar interests. I will call it a team building exercise as per the nature of the business. Try getting people on board who are ready to invest in your business.
Also as a business you are giving back to the community by creating employment. Canada will provide you transparency to conduct business activities.
Nice information, brother. Thanks for sharing. +1 to you and Happy New Year to all!

drngopal

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
rahulk9 said:

Thank you so much for your reply. Ties in with my assessment of Canada. Estimated the same based upon my preliminary research of the lifestyle and businesses in Canada. I see them as a happy go lucky kind of people with the govt taking care of them. In such a scenario I estimated that there should be demand for many products and services but not much supply. Week keep researching to the day I land. Thanks again.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drngopal said:
Thank you so much for your reply. Ties in with my assessment of Canada. Estimated the same based upon my preliminary research of the lifestyle and businesses in Canada. I see them as a happy go lucky kind of people with the govt taking care of them. In such a scenario I estimated that there should be demand for many products and services but not much supply. Week keep researching to the day I land. Thanks again.
Your research is spot on. Just keep building upon it and I am sure you will get success.
Wishing you a great year ahead.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lvtruong said:
Nice information, brother. Thanks for sharing. +1 to you and Happy New Year to all!
Thanks for your appreciation. Happy New Year.

drngopal

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
rahulk9 said:
Your research is spot on. Just keep building upon it and I am sure you will get success.
Wishing you a great year ahead.
Thank you! Wish You and Your Family Happy New Year 2015!

Papillon

Jul 5, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
drngopal said:
Thank you! Wish You and Your Family Happy New Year 2015!

a blessed n happy new year to u brov too.. :) :) :)

Papillon

Jul 5, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
rahulk9 said:

u r absolutely right dear..
our corrupt system forces us to leave our birth land..
if they were good, why someone left...

they will b lucky to have PEOPLE WITH HIGH MORALE N ETHICS.. :) :)

+1 for wonderful analysis.

happy new year and best f luck to all f us

Papillon

Jul 5, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
ttrajan said:
Best option would be come here with a job and apply pr under PNP or CEC. Coming here with pr and without job, then it will take years to settle down. Also winter weather will be very severe here.
brov,
i think coming with PR is better than
coming on job and again APPLYING PR from there...

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Papillon said:
u r absolutely right dear..
our corrupt system forces us to leave our birth land..
if they were good, why someone left...

they will b lucky to have PEOPLE WITH HIGH MORALE N ETHICS.. :) :)

+1 for wonderful analysis.

happy new year and best f luck to all f us

First of all a very Happy New Year to you. Yes, you are correct. Nobody wants to leave there home country. It is a tough decision and the individual has lot to lose. But the problem is that our countries have no respect for their own citizens. I have few friends from Pakistan who are engineers and working with leading IT companies. They are geniuses and could have done wonders for there country, only if the government have understood their value. Same goes for India which is also experiencing brain drain.