july 2013
Med's Done....
aug 2013
Interview........
DECISION MADE ON 24 MAR 2014
VISA ISSUED...
by the grace of almighty waheguru. received passports on 31march2014
Hi,
all the forum members, life really seems to be tough. everyone thlnks about the dreamland CANADA, its been 6 months since i have been here, its really opposite to your country where you immigrate from. thats the realty.
unless you know someone who can help you find u a place to live and job.
as i have my younger brother that helps me to find a job and also show me the path

but reality is bitter
that true as i am facing it as i,m living within my family

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Can you share your experience in detail

thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
chigwell1779 said:
Hi,
all the forum members, life really seems to be tough. everyone thlnks about the dreamland CANADA, its been 6 months since i have been here, its really opposite to your country where you immigrate from. thats the realty.
as i have my younger brother that helps me to find a job and also show me the path

but reality is bitter
You can't realize a dream in a short time (just an example : it took the government of Dubai 6 years to build the highest tower in the world, even though they had all the resources...its just not possible to build it in 6 months), a realistic goal for the first 6 months would normally be to find a professional job related to your field - regardless of the pay/or position. If you managed to achieve that - then you are definitely on the right track...

jcanwecan

Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
05-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
requested
VISA ISSUED...
issued..
LANDED..........
soon
chigwell1779 said:
Hi,

but reality is bitter
Oh my sorry to hear friend, so will you be giving up your pr card and return home to your native land given that thing's are so much harder in Canada?

lyn4pow

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014.
Med's Request
March 13, 2015
Interview........
DM - May 30 2015
Passport Req..
June 10 2015. PP reached Ottawa June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP sent back June 19, 2015
Hello Chigwell

May I ask where in Canada you are living? I've heard the same complaint from many new immigrants. You see, I've studied, worked and lived in Canada for a few years now so my experience is completely different.

Toronto and Vancouver are very expensive cities and they can be tough financially even for Canadians. Once you get to know the cities you will find places with affordable rent and groceries. Also socializing is difficult if you do not know anyone or have any relatives here.

Many professionals and highly educated immigrants find themself working as janitors, taxi drivers, security guards, store clerks etc. However, there are some companies here who will be willing to give you an office position despite your lack of "Canadian experience".

You can always go back to school to get some kind of Canadian education. Each province has student loans that it provides to permanent residents. If you are in Ontario I would advise you to check out something called Second Career. Each province may have their own version of it but I am only familiar with Ontario.

Please don't lose hope ad many immigrants have become successful here in Canada. I'm typing on s tablet right now so my response is limited.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
chigwell1779 said:
Hi,

but reality is bitter

What did you expect? Red carpet on arrival? Instant job on $80'000 per year? The key word for every immigrant is preparation. Read, read and read about Canada. Preferably go there for a visit to see how it is. Ask those who have been and done it. There is no place on earth where everything is 100% perfect.

We have no relatives here, but found it very easy to integrate and are now an established part of Vancouver. So every medal has two sides. Just don't give up.

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
lyn4pow said:
Please don't lose hope ad many immigrants have become successful here in Canada. I'm typing on s tablet right now so my response is limited.
+1 for your positivity. :)

vinisha09

Oct 26, 2014
lyn4pow said:
Hello Chigwell

May I ask where in Canada you are living? I've heard the same complaint from many new immigrants. You see, I've studied, worked and lived in Canada for a few years now so my experience is completely different.

Toronto and Vancouver are very expensive cities and they can be tough financially even for Canadians. Once you get to know the cities you will find places with affordable rent and groceries. Also socializing is difficult if you do not know anyone or have any relatives here.

Many professionals and highly educated immigrants find themself working as janitors, taxi drivers, security guards, store clerks etc. However, there are some companies here who will be willing to give you an office position despite your lack of "Canadian experience".

You can always go back to school to get some kind of Canadian education. Each province has student loans that it provides to permanent residents. If you are in Ontario I would advise you to check out something called Second Career. Each province may have their own version of it but I am only familiar with Ontario.

i have lived in canada for full one year alone as a student without my family.
i lived in montreal.
i will say that CANADA is a dreamland -people are great, no discrimination, no corruption, perfect responsible government, as far as I am concerned I loved the climate- yes really I loved the climate - epecially i used to walk for 5 km daily just to enjoy the climate .everything is available there - good food, entertainment, human rights, i love CANADA.
if anyone is planning to come with your family then prepare to save and bring enough money atleast 50000 CAD for a family of five.
learn and do your research about the place you intend to live and job opportunities and expenses involved.
Again, I LOVE CANADA.

walidcanada

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vinisha,

Your post is nice, thanks for encouraging us.

You mentioned 50,000CAD, it's enough for a family conisists of 5 persons for how long?

Thanks

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Monthly expenses will be around $3000/=pm including house rent.

manishverma1978

Oct 11, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO But File Transfered to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Already Delivered
Nomination.....
PER: 22-01-2015
AOR Received.
AOR": 9th March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Transferred to Columbo on 9th March 2015
Med's Request
11-06-2015
Med's Done....
17-06-2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
DM: 3rd July 2015 PPR: 27th August 2015
VISA ISSUED...
In Dreams
LANDED..........
In Dreams
ttrajan said:
Monthly expenses will be around $3000/=pm including house rent.
Which City are you mentioning as well how many members??

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Edmonton, alberta with 4 people. House rent $1500/= for 2 bed room flat.

vinisha09

Oct 26, 2014
walidcanada said:
Hi Vinisha,

You mentioned 50,000CAD, it's enough for a family conisists of 5 persons for how long?

Thanks
50,000 CAD is FOR ONE YEAR for living in major cities like Toronto,Montreal etc for a family of 5 - husband, wife and 3 children.
This figure quoted is for living a pleasant and enjoyable life without any job for both husband and wife

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
The overall stay would be much pleasant if one has a relative or a friend to help :D :D :D

vinisha09

Oct 26, 2014
walidcanada said:
Hi Vinisha,

Thanks
in my home country itself we [me and my wife] are earning around equivalent to 10000 CAD per month and with assets worth about one million CAD.
but still I would love to settle in CANADA at the earliest, that much love i have for that country - for freedom - for breathing a fresh air filled with freedom, love, equality, social justice, security and much more.
CANADA is a country of freedom, human rights, lovely people, lovely climate, GODS OWN COUNTRY.
i have lived there for full one year - came back to my home country due to family reasons.
LOVE TO GO BACK TO MY DREAMLAND WITH MY FAMILY -I PRAY TO MY ALMIGHTY DAILY FOR THIS.
WANT TO GO BACK TO THE LAND OF FREEDOM - NO CORRUPTION, NO VIOLATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS, EQUALITY .........
MY HEART IS BEATING FOR CANADA -MY CANADA - MISSING YOU ......