Med's Done....
23.09.2015 Decision Made: 10.10.2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ttrajan said:
Edmonton, alberta with 4 people. House rent $1500/= for 2 bed room flat.
WHAT ABOUT SINGLE???

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Check
www. canadianresidentialrentals. com
dr.rohit said:
WHAT ABOUT SINGLE???

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smcan2014 said:
True, but it is not easy as it sounds especially if you have children. If you are single and not married its a different story. I just keep reminding myself of something that I have learnt from experience is that by keeping your eyes blindfolded, not thinking practically, not thinking about future consequences and escaping reality you never avoid the perils but actually get sucked into it. However, good luck to me and everybody.

But please don't say that you guys don't care about savings. That reflects immaturity. Remember, if you did not have savings you would not have been able to apply to the FSW program in the first place.
Immigration is a very important decision of your life. The earlier in life you take the decision the more better. It has to be pre-planned and should be in line with your goals. It will definitely be difficult for you and there is no doubt about it.
Savings are important but Canada and US are consumer based economies. You will always find that people in these countries have low saving goals. We in developing countires have huge savings because we fear uncertainty specially medical ones. Simply because we hardly have anything such as healthcare benefits or education benefits in our country.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smcan2014 said:
Language should never be that big a roadblock that you have to remain unemployed for your life. I have seen several lingualy challenged persons who are very successful in life.
In a foreign land it is. There is a saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans". What works for others is not necessary will work for you. If your language skills are not good then be prepared for more difficult time ahead.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
This is funny! Never heard before that individual saving goals are country specific.
Not to offend you, but have you ever been outside your home country?

rahulk9 said:
Savings are important but Canada and US are consumer based economies. You will always find that people in these countries have low saving goals. We in developing countires have huge savings because we fear uncertainty specially medical ones. Simply because we hardly have anything such as healthcare benefits or education benefits in our country.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know and can understand where is this guy coming from. I am working at a job which pays $ 60k per annum which means $ 5000 per month. I live in a basement so $900 goes into rent. all said and done I only save about 400-500$ per month. if my wife starts working we will have to resort to child care for our daughter which is really something we don't want to do. I came to Canada looking for high quality of living but for big bucks as well and big bucks are not in reach or at a price we don't want to pay.

I know the onus lies on me and Canada is not at fault but life is too short to keep living with some decisions. I am seeking a job offer back in my native country and will leave as soon as it comes.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
How much is your take home salary after taxes, healthcare benefits and other taxes?

haral said:
I know and can understand where is this guy coming from. I am working at a job which pays $ 60k per annum which means $ 5000 per month. I live in a basement so $900 goes into rent. all said and done I only save about 400-500$ per month. if my wife starts working we will have to resort to child care for our daughter which is really something we don't want to do. I came to Canada looking for high quality of living but for big bucks as well and big bucks are not in reach or at a price we don't want to pay.

I know the onus lies on me and Canada is not at fault but life is too short to keep living with some decisions. I am seeking a job offer back in my native country and will leave as soon as it comes.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Tax will be around 20 to 30% depends upon the salary.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
People don't understand high quality of life is strongly coupled to your salary; unless you get a very good salary you will never be able to support a decent/secured lifestyle.
Of course you can take courses and upgrade yourself but.....

smcan2014 said:
How much is your take home salary after taxes, healthcare benefits and other taxes?

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3400 $ (so I pay $ 1600 in taxes every month - I know some of it, around 2-3k $ will be reversed when I file tax returns. but at this rate I can afford to visit my native country every two years or save enough to get a mortgage in 4-5 years). I cant do both.

smcan2014 said:
People don't understand high quality of life is strongly coupled to your salary; unless you get a very good salary you will never be able to support a decent/secured lifestyle.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Don't give the government extra money so that you get back 2-3k at the end of the year. You could have used this extra money by investing it somewhere. I suggest increase your exemptions, that way you will get more salary in hand. But the only downside to increasing your exemptions is that you might have to pay some taxes at the end of the year.
haral said:
3400 $ (so I pay $ 1600 in taxes every month - I know some of it, around 2-3k $ will be reversed when I file tax returns. but at this rate I can afford to visit my native country every two years or save enough to get a mortgage in 4-5 years). I cant do both.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
smcan2014 said:
Depends on what you understand under decent.. Mercedes, BMW, Audi? Penthouse condo? Been there, done that. It means nothing to me anymore. Give me time and health with loved ones over material things anytime. Happy with my apartment, my job, my family and my used truck.

Ann477

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE/Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER received on 16 Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-12-2014
Med's Request
26-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-09-2015/07-12-2015 (spouse further medical received)
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
I have gone through all the comments of this topic and just want to share with you guys my view.

Nevertheless where you are, you still have to work hard and continue putting your efforts to have success. so to prepare our new life, we have to try our best. You always need to pay for something you want. In this case we have to spend our "secured" life for "unforeseen" life in Canada. But each of us have own reasons for deciding to immigrate to Canada and i'msure we all have thought and prepared ourselves for difficulties and challenges of life in canada.

So i would like to wish all the best to all of us, prospective migrants and new migrants, in new year and hope evrything will be better

drngopal

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Agree with rahulk9. Good study about the living style in Canada/US vs developing nations. Hope people take heed and research more and prepare themselves for a happy life rather than a rich life. Choice is in our hands. Though money can be earned in many countries it becomes difficult and sad to live day-to-day life due to efforts to conserve your money and prevent from being fleeced by greedy/ lazy people and corrupt officials.

drngopal

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
polara69 said:
Depends on what you understand under decent.. Mercedes, BMW, Audi? Penthouse condo? Been there, done that. It means nothing to me anymore. Give me time and health with loved ones over material things anytime. Happy with my apartment, my job, my family and my used truck.
Great opinion! I see that you have seen much in life. But whatever we say nobody is going to follow this unless they come the full circle. I agree 100% with you. Money is just a commodity invented by man to gauge and trade his skills and capabilities. If someone decides to make it their goal and live life for it then so be it. But happiness is something else altogether. +1 to you.