06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I would not have thought twice about US. If study and then earning a good life is the goal then why not appear for the GRE test and get a scholarship in a good school in US. I am not saying going to Canada as FSW and then studying is a bad option but if you are just thinking about studying and then developing why not US?
drngopal said:
Agree with rahulk9. Good study about the living style in Canada/US vs developing nations. Hope people take heed and research more and prepare themselves for a happy life rather than a rich life. Choice is in our hands. Though money can be earned in many countries it becomes difficult and sad to live day-to-day life due to efforts to conserve your money and prevent from being fleeced by greedy/ lazy people and corrupt officials.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smcan2014 said:
This is funny! Never heard before that individual saving goals are country specific.
Not to offend you, but have you ever been outside your home country?
Off course they are. It is all part of Economics of a country. Yes, I have travelled extensively outside my home country.
Being a major in Economics, and a stock trader it is all part of my job.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smcan2014 said:
I would not have thought twice about US. If study and then earning a good life is the goal then why not appear for the GRE test and get a scholarship in a good school in US. I am not saying going to Canada as FSW and then studying is a bad option but if you are just thinking about studying and then developing why not US?
You will find more opportunities in US even with your current credentials. US is a bigger market and you will find many home grown companies as well as multi-nationals there. Infact a new startup is coming up everyday in US and is providing many job opportunities.
Whereas Canada lacks in that department. Rogers and Blackberry were the only main companies Canada was known for. Out of which Blackberry is in poor state and Rogers is not willing to expand out of its home country.

Canada will always be a tough job market to crack. Simply because the demand for jobs is high but supply is limited as not many companies are coming up in Canada. You can take the example of this forum where majority are immigrating for jobs and not for entrepreneurial purposes. You can always use Canada as a backdoor entry to US. Just consider FSW an investment for future.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellymaira said:
Can one buy a business to run if in case he is having tough time get a job.?
Yes you can. But before making any investment do a "feasibility study". Bottom-line is that it should be able to generate sales.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almost all of my career has been in Telecom and I have nt received one single interview call from any of the wireless operators in Canada. I have used all of the tricks from downgrading my resume to modifying my resume to meet a job s requirements to no avail. surprisingly the best job offer I got was from a 3PL/Logistics company where I have no experience and this job is making me sick. I don't know shit about their business and its a pure Canadian company and there is lots of cold shoulder around.

Canadian immigration seems like a ponzy scheme to me where they lure in immigrants with great qualifications and than the only good they are able to do is secure odd/labour intensive jobs.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Just thought of letting you know, I came to the U.S as a student on F1 visa on a scholarship and then after graduating I have been working in this country for the last 6.5 years. I earn more than anything that we have discussed so far and thus I know exactly how the U.S. system works. My green card is being processed by my company and I have applied to the FSW program just for the sake buying an immigration insurance. In all probability I will have to give up the PR card even if I get approved for it.
rahulk9 said:
Yes you can. But before making any investment do a "feasibility study". Bottom-line is that it should be able to generate sales.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Responsible people in US have massive savings. People don't expect any benefits from the social security fund and thus every person that I have worked with or know of are extremely careful about how much they save. People know if they don't save up now they will have nothing to fall back on after they retire. This is basic finance.
Are you aware of 401k fund in the US? It is a retirement scheme in the US and almost everybody contributes to the maximum extent allowed by law as this is tax free money. It is not just tax free, but most companies contribute a certain percentage (based on company policy) to this fund based on your contribution. I contribute 16.5 k every year and my company chips in with another 6k every year. This fund can be further invested in various ETFs.

To answer a previous question of yours, in my company there is a guy who can't speak English but he is still employed by our company. He was and is still employed because of his native talent.

rahulk9 said:
Off course they are. It is all part of Economics of a country. Yes, I have travelled extensively outside my home country.
Being a major in Economics, and a stock trader it is all part of my job.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smcan2014 said:
Just thought of letting you know, I came to the U.S as a student on F1 visa on a scholarship and then after graduating I have been working in this country for the last 6.5 years. I earn more than anything that we have discussed so far and thus I know exactly how the U.S. system works. My green card is being processed by my company and I have applied to the FSW program just for the sake buying an immigration insurance. In all probability I will have to give up the PR card even if I get approved for it.
I was pretty sure you are well qualified for your profession. If you already have a US green card than nothing like it. US will always have way better growth opportunities than Canada.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smcan2014 said:
Responsible people in US have massive savings. People don't expect any benefits from the social security fund and thus every person that I have worked with or know of are extremely careful about how much they save. People know if they don't save up now they will have nothing to fall back on after they retire. This is basic finance.
Are you aware of 401k fund in the US? It is a retirement scheme in the US and almost everybody contributes to the maximum extent allowed by law as this is tax free money. It is not just tax free, but most companies contribute a certain percentage (based on company policy) to this fund based on your contribution. I contribute 16.5 k every year and my company chips in with another 6k every year. This fund can be further invested in various ETFs.

To answer a previous question of yours, in my company there is a guy who can't speak English but he is still employed by our company. He was and is still employed because of his native talent.
Yes I am aware of that fund. As I said before, the level of savings vary from country to country. For e.g If Americans start saving like Indians then the American economy will be badly affected. It will affect the retail sector and Housing sector. He is an exception then, but exceptions do not reflect the majority.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
My GC is in process. In fact I have a priority date of mid-2012. My only objection to moving to Canada is it is really expensive and the salaries are not that high. I compared and was surprised to find that if I migrate to Canada there is no way I can maintain the lifestyle that I maintain here. Housing is the major expense. In the city that I live in you can find a new 3500 sqft home for 350k but I am not sure if that's a possibility anywhere in Canada.
Anyway I am not demeaning anybody or any country here; all I wanted to do is lend my voice to the original poster that things will not be that easy as it looks on paper. I am out of this thread before it gets nasty.

You can pm me if you want.

rahulk9 said:
I was pretty sure you are well qualified for your profession. If you already have a US green card than nothing like it. US will always have way better growth opportunities than Canada.

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smcan2014 said:
My GC is in process. In fact I have a priority date of mid-2012. My only objection to moving to Canada is it is really expensive and the salaries are not that high. I compared and was surprised to find that if I migrate to Canada there is no way I can maintain the lifestyle that I maintain here. Housing is the major expense. In the city that I live in you can find a new 3500 sqft home for 350k but I am not sure if that's a possibility anywhere in Canada.
Anyway I am not demeaning anybody or any country here; all I wanted to do is lend my voice to the original poster that things will not be that easy as it looks on paper. I am out of this thread before it gets nasty.

You can pm me if you want.
No one can deny that US is better than Canada when it comes to job and cost of living. It is not called "Land of Opportunities" like this. But as you are aware that its immigration system is closed, Canada is the only next best country to immigrate to. My advice will be that you stick to US, I am sure your career graph will move upwards from where you stand. It is better to continue working from where you stand than starting off again at zero. Also you have a family, their safe future is your priority.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You know it's a fantastic day in our lives. The one and only reason that we applied to Canada was because my wife had no employment authorization in USA. She was so frustrated sitting at home that we we were contemplating on going back to India. But guess what? just now she received an email from the USCIS that her application for employment authorization has been granted and the EAD card is on its way. YAHOOOOOOO.......

rahulk9 said:
No one can deny that US is better than Canada when it comes to job and cost of living. It is not called "Land of Opportunities" like this. But as you are aware that its immigration system is closed, Canada is the only next best country to immigrate to. My advice will be that you stick to US, I am sure your career graph will move upwards from where you stand. It is better to continue working from where you stand than starting off again at zero. Also you have a family, their safe future is your priority.

ezapanagarjuna

Aug 8, 2012
smcan2014 said:
You know it's a fantastic day in our lives. The one and only reason that we applied to Canada was because my wife had no employment authorization in USA. She was so frustrated sitting at home that we we were contemplating on going back to India. But guess what? just now she received an email from the USCIS that her application for employment authorization has been granted and the EAD card is on its way. YAHOOOOOOO.......
Quick Question. Is the EAD under the new H4 law or is it through your GC.

drngopal

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
rahulk9 said:
You will find more opportunities in US even with your current credentials. US is a bigger market and you will find many home grown companies as well as multi-nationals there. Infact a new startup is coming up everyday in US and is providing many job opportunities.
Whereas Canada lacks in that department. Rogers and Blackberry were the only main companies Canada was known for. Out of which Blackberry is in poor state and Rogers is not willing to expand out of its home country.

Canada will always be a tough job market to crack. Simply because the demand for jobs is high but supply is limited as not many companies are coming up in Canada. You can take the example of this forum where majority are immigrating for jobs and not for entrepreneurial purposes. You can always use Canada as a backdoor entry to US. Just consider FSW an investment for future.
Hi,
Good to know of your qualifications. From your answers I understood that you should have knowledge about countries on a macro level. Taking your opinion about Canada, which I myself also had formed based on people cribbing about jobs etc, how good is a. The support from the govt, b. Redtape, c. Banking sector's financing capabilities and regulations, d. Getting high value, skilled, innovative employees to startup a company? Your opinion is highly appreciated. I an planning to go and keep trying for a job passively for 6 months to a year without stressing myself by depending on it totally to support my family while understanding the lifestyle and local practice and laying the groundwork to start a new company. To the extent of starting something to employ immigrants whose qualifications are upto the mark. In that 6 months to a year I plan to take up some low paying menial job close to my place of residence to meet my family's ends meet as much as possible without chipping off from the cash I take from my present home country.