+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada refugee travel document; Mexico Cancun

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hi
I just come back from vacations from cancun. RTD without PR card.
But i had a visa from schengen.
If you dont have a PR card yet but want to go to mexico ?
You need one visa from the following countries.
1) mexico tourism visa
2) USa tourism visa
3) Japon
4) u.k
5) schengen visa.

Is it clear enough ?
can we get UK visa with RTD but no PR ? thanks

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Can you share with us your experience and how valid the visa is?
I am not sure if I understood your question, but I applied for a 6 month tourist visa to the UK wiht my RTD (I previously had been issued UK visas on my national passport before I claimed asylum) and it was processed within 2 weeks and valid for 6 months.

I had no issues leaving or entering Canada and the UK.

Although I did forget my work permit which I needed to present to the airline at check in as proof of residency in Canada, since I dont have my PR yet. A friend was kind enough to bring it to me, although the airline did say they would let me board without it if I agreed to sign a waiver that they were not responsible if CBSA did not allow me re-entry when I came back from the UK.

CBSA didnt ask to see my work permit when I came back.

Hope this helps!

Chris Bech

Mar 8, 2024
If you have a RTD and no PR Card, you shouldn't need a visa for Mexico. A friend of mine is from Syria, he has a RTD and no PR card, he was able to enter Mexico no problem with just the RTD. They asked him more questions in Mexico. But he was allowed in.

Chris Bech

Mar 8, 2024
Could anyone confirm if it's 100% sure that a Canadian Refugee Travel Document WITHOUT PR CARD doesn't need a Mexico visa to travel as a tourist please? Thanks a lot.

Chris Bech

Mar 8, 2024
Nothing is confusing. Mexico embassy website says;

‘’’’
Permanent residents of Canada must present their Permanent Resident Card and one of the following documents: valid Passport or Refugee Travel Document.

All foreign visitors, regardless of their nationality, traveling to Mexico for tourism, business or in transit to another destination, are exempt from presenting a Mexican visa as long as they have a valid visa issued by any the following countries: Canada, Japan, the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area. ’’’’

What confuses me is that the valid visa. Does that include Canadian Work Permit?

Thats very clear. Good luck

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Could anyone confirm if it's 100% sure that a Canadian Refugee Travel Document WITHOUT PR CARD doesn't need a Mexico visa to travel as a tourist please? Thanks a lot.
All foreign visitors, regardless of their nationality, traveling to Mexico for tourism, business or in transit to another destination, are exempt from presenting a Mexican visa as long as they have any type of a valid visa issued by any the following countries: Canada, Japan, the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area. All you need is a valid passport and the visa of the above countries. Visa stamped in your passport not a work or study permit.

Permanent residents need valid passport or travel document and resident card.

If the traveler is not a permanent resident yet or does not have any type of a valid visa from the above countries, he/she will need to apply for a visa to travel to Mexico. There ARE NOT ARRIVAL VISAS