+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Federal Skilled Immigration (Computer Network Technicians) NOC: 2281

Arun2121

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Respected All,

One more question what is the Ielts requirement for spouse. Is it in GT or academic..???

rohitvny

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-08-2015
GT, For spouse its CBL 4 minimum requirement which comes close to 4 bands in IELTS

CLB Level 4: Points Per Ability
Listening: 4.5​
Reading: 3.5​
Writing: 4.0​
Speaking: 4.0​

Arun2121

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Experts,

Please help me about the documents.

1. What are the final documents require for filling the application?

2. If anybody have format of experience i.e what I have to take in written from my company.

Please suggest.

zhuss

Oct 26, 2014
Arun2121 said:
Respected All,

One more question what is the Ielts requirement for spouse. Is it in GT or academic..???
Only GT is accepted for CIC , i wonder why since the academic is harder , however the spouse should get the GT

Arun2121

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Experts,

Please help me about the documents.

1. What are the final documents require for filling the application?

2. If anybody have format of experience i.e what I have to take in written from my company.

Please suggest. Please reply.

SunGanesh

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
26-02-2015 ( PER )
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
04-06-2015
Hello All
Good Day

Quick help on NOC 2281, Please

Kindly Review Roles and Responsibilities for NOC 2281 and Advise whether good to go with the content.
Currently I am working as Subject Matter Expert for Windows and VMware. Kindly validate Responsibilities and Roles for NOC - 2281 ( Computer Networking Technician ) and also the content, Please.

Status

WES - Done
IETS - Done
Spouse IELTS - Exam Scheduled for 22nd Nov '14
NOC Code - 2281 OR 2171 ( Please Advise ) ?

Senior Members in this forum, Kindly assist as I have very less time, and my Application most probably would reach CIC - NS in the first week of Dec '14.

Employer A - 2 Years and 1 Month

His Major Responsibilities and Duties:

• Installation and Management of Multi-Platform Operating System Environments, including Server Hang, Performance (Memory, Disk, CPU) related issues on Servers, Debug applications, crash dumps and memory dumps to identify and resolve Server crash or Blue-Screen-Of-Death. Responsible for Service Activation / Deactivation post Server Build or Decommission to serve as a secondary control to report execution defects in the process to assist the Company in Audit and other Control events.

• Provide Impact assessments for the changes scheduled to implement in the Server Infrastructure. Perform Root Cause Analysis on Major Issues and Point Of Escalation and Support to the Peer in VMware. Analyze system monitoring data to help optimize system performance.

• Implement and Administration of LAN & WAN connectivity across Operating System using different network models and protocols which includes analyze and identify network performance problems. Also, Remote Deployments of different Operating System Images and distribution of application packages across Infrastructure.

• Implement and Administration of VMware ESXi and Virtual Center Server, includes setting up vMotion, Storage vMotion, High Availability, DRS, and management of VMware products such as VMware converter, Update Manager, Disaster Recovery using VMware Site Recovery Manager to minimize system, data, and operations risk and loss.

• Troubleshoot Storage Technology, SAN/NAS for VMware and Windows Infrastructure, Server Management remotely through Advanced Management Module for IBM Blade HS21 and HS21 Chassis, RSA and IMM for Rack Mount Servers. Support Backup and Restore for integration activities in Production Environment using appropriate services.

• Create and Manage PowerShell Scripts for automation across VMware and Windows Infrastructure for Health Check, Software and Hardware Inventory, Performance and Capacity Management and Microsoft and VMware Security Patch Management.
• Implement and Manage Microsoft File Servers using IPsec for data origin authentication, data integrity and encryption. Responsible to maintain all system configurations, scheduled jobs, as instructed by Account Team. Evaluate and Install Information Software and Hardware Systems based on best practices and recommendation from Product Vendor.

• Manage Microsoft IIS Web Servers which includes installation, update, configuration and operations or performance. Identify and assess the performance characteristics of the IIS Webserver and Apache for VMware vCenter Server and its interactions with the Operating System and applications by analyzing data collected using benchmarks or workloads, and tools such as trace, ctrace, etc.

Employer B - 2 Years and 4 Months

• Configuration and Management of IP Services like DNS, DHCP and WINS and Microsoft E-Mail Server Platforms. Setting up alerts for monitoring the critical Microsoft Mail Servers, which involves monitoring of Mail Queues, Database failovers, NLB, OWA availability, SEP Definitions, Event IDs, Disk Space, CPU, Memory Utilization with the Monitoring team by creating definitions package.

• Datacenter Management; Contingency and Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing and Implementation for VMware Infrastructure, Microsoft Windows Geo-Graphical Dispersed Cluster Solutions and for Windows 2008/2003 Servers, also includes Windows Server Builds, Upgrades, Migrations, Hardware / Firmware Code deployments. Install and Manage Windows 2008/2003 Servers (IBM Blade Servers – SAN Boot) as per the business requirement and implemented the connectivity onto SAN Storage.

• Root Cause Analysis process for problems leading to strategic resolution and complete documentation of problems and solutions in Known Error Database (KEDB), Change Management and Incident Management. Perform routine audits of systems and software using VBScripts and any non-compliance should be brought to Security Controls Team's notice immediately (Example Daily Checklist Audit for Critical Systems)

• File server management; Managed Windows based Files Servers, Monitoring and Maintaining the Disk Usage, User Security Permissions for Authorization. CPU and Memory Utilization improvement measures to improve User experience and server performance.

• Evaluation and Installation of patches to resolve software related issues and Operating System bugs identified during Root Cause Analysis by Engineering Team. Configure and Troubleshoot Disk Management activities which includes, Disk Expansion, Dynamic Disk addition with Simple, Spanned, Stripped, Mirrored, RAID-5 volumes.

• Troubleshoot Windows Core Cluster components, Operating System Internals using Microsoft System Tool sets, and other Resource Kit Tools. Manage Microsoft Failover Clusters, includes Installation and Configuration of Normal Failover Clustering and Geo-Graphically dispersed Clusters, adding an additional Storage for the existing cluster resources groups as per the requirement from the Customer Team.

• Server Management; Server Backups using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager and EMC Networker Backup Tool, WMI and PowerShell Scripting support for Automation in VMware and Windows Server Platform, Server Hardening to remediate Server Vulnerability based on the Tech Spec provided by the ISeC Security Policy Team. Patch Installation - Security Advisory and Bug Fix - using Microsoft WSUS Server based on MBSA Report.

• Capture and Analyze Network Traffic to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity issues, Packet Drops, Performance Problems using tools like Microsoft Netmon and Wireshark. Implement and Manage FTP Servers in the DMZ Zone for the external Users in the Internet to transfer the data onto the File Servers located inside the Corporate LAN, Over WAN connectivity.

Thanks in Advance

Kind Regards
Ganesh

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
SunGanesh said:
Hello All
Good Day

Quick help on NOC 2281, Please

Kindly Review Roles and Responsibilities for NOC 2281 and Advise whether good to go with the content.
Currently I am working as Subject Matter Expert for Windows and VMware. Kindly validate Responsibilities and Roles for NOC - 2281 ( Computer Networking Technician ) and also the content, Please.

Status

WES - Done
IETS - Done
Spouse IELTS - Exam Scheduled for 22nd Nov '14
NOC Code - 2281 OR 2171 ( Please Advise ) ?

Senior Members in this forum, Kindly assist as I have very less time, and my Application most probably would reach CIC - NS in the first week of Dec '14.

Employer A - 2 Years and 1 Month

• Installation and Management of Multi-Platform Operating System Environments, including Server Hang, Performance (Memory, Disk, CPU) related issues on Servers, Debug applications, crash dumps and memory dumps to identify and resolve Server crash or Blue-Screen-Of-Death. Responsible for Service Activation / Deactivation post Server Build or Decommission to serve as a secondary control to report execution defects in the process to assist the Company in Audit and other Control events.

• Provide Impact assessments for the changes scheduled to implement in the Server Infrastructure. Perform Root Cause Analysis on Major Issues and Point Of Escalation and Support to the Peer in VMware. Analyze system monitoring data to help optimize system performance.

• Implement and Administration of LAN & WAN connectivity across Operating System using different network models and protocols which includes analyze and identify network performance problems. Also, Remote Deployments of different Operating System Images and distribution of application packages across Infrastructure.

• Implement and Administration of VMware ESXi and Virtual Center Server, includes setting up vMotion, Storage vMotion, High Availability, DRS, and management of VMware products such as VMware converter, Update Manager, Disaster Recovery using VMware Site Recovery Manager to minimize system, data, and operations risk and loss.

• Troubleshoot Storage Technology, SAN/NAS for VMware and Windows Infrastructure, Server Management remotely through Advanced Management Module for IBM Blade HS21 and HS21 Chassis, RSA and IMM for Rack Mount Servers. Support Backup and Restore for integration activities in Production Environment using appropriate services.

• Create and Manage PowerShell Scripts for automation across VMware and Windows Infrastructure for Health Check, Software and Hardware Inventory, Performance and Capacity Management and Microsoft and VMware Security Patch Management.
• Implement and Manage Microsoft File Servers using IPsec for data origin authentication, data integrity and encryption. Responsible to maintain all system configurations, scheduled jobs, as instructed by Account Team. Evaluate and Install Information Software and Hardware Systems based on best practices and recommendation from Product Vendor.

• Manage Microsoft IIS Web Servers which includes installation, update, configuration and operations or performance. Identify and assess the performance characteristics of the IIS Webserver and Apache for VMware vCenter Server and its interactions with the Operating System and applications by analyzing data collected using benchmarks or workloads, and tools such as trace, ctrace, etc.

Employer B - 2 Years and 4 Months

• Configuration and Management of IP Services like DNS, DHCP and WINS and Microsoft E-Mail Server Platforms. Setting up alerts for monitoring the critical Microsoft Mail Servers, which involves monitoring of Mail Queues, Database failovers, NLB, OWA availability, SEP Definitions, Event IDs, Disk Space, CPU, Memory Utilization with the Monitoring team by creating definitions package.

• Datacenter Management; Contingency and Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing and Implementation for VMware Infrastructure, Microsoft Windows Geo-Graphical Dispersed Cluster Solutions and for Windows 2008/2003 Servers, also includes Windows Server Builds, Upgrades, Migrations, Hardware / Firmware Code deployments. Install and Manage Windows 2008/2003 Servers (IBM Blade Servers – SAN Boot) as per the business requirement and implemented the connectivity onto SAN Storage.

• Root Cause Analysis process for problems leading to strategic resolution and complete documentation of problems and solutions in Known Error Database (KEDB), Change Management and Incident Management. Perform routine audits of systems and software using VBScripts and any non-compliance should be brought to Security Controls Team's notice immediately (Example Daily Checklist Audit for Critical Systems)

• File server management; Managed Windows based Files Servers, Monitoring and Maintaining the Disk Usage, User Security Permissions for Authorization. CPU and Memory Utilization improvement measures to improve User experience and server performance.

• Evaluation and Installation of patches to resolve software related issues and Operating System bugs identified during Root Cause Analysis by Engineering Team. Configure and Troubleshoot Disk Management activities which includes, Disk Expansion, Dynamic Disk addition with Simple, Spanned, Stripped, Mirrored, RAID-5 volumes.

• Troubleshoot Windows Core Cluster components, Operating System Internals using Microsoft System Tool sets, and other Resource Kit Tools. Manage Microsoft Failover Clusters, includes Installation and Configuration of Normal Failover Clustering and Geo-Graphically dispersed Clusters, adding an additional Storage for the existing cluster resources groups as per the requirement from the Customer Team.

• Server Management; Server Backups using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager and EMC Networker Backup Tool, WMI and PowerShell Scripting support for Automation in VMware and Windows Server Platform, Server Hardening to remediate Server Vulnerability based on the Tech Spec provided by the ISeC Security Policy Team. Patch Installation - Security Advisory and Bug Fix - using Microsoft WSUS Server based on MBSA Report.

• Capture and Analyze Network Traffic to Troubleshoot Network Connectivity issues, Packet Drops, Performance Problems using tools like Microsoft Netmon and Wireshark. Implement and Manage FTP Servers in the DMZ Zone for the external Users in the Internet to transfer the data onto the File Servers located inside the Corporate LAN, Over WAN connectivity.

Thanks in Advance

Kind Regards
Ganesh
Absolutely NOC 2281.

rohitcan

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Docs Reached 26 May 2015
Nomination.....
03-02-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015/TLU - 20 May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR 12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2015
what are the chances for 2281 applicants especially Nov applicants ?

Its is already reached 365 applicantions and I believe this data is for the month of July 2014.

Dear seniors Please advise

kpdxb

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Im too on same boat...can any one please suggest what are possibilities is i submit form for noc 2281 by 20th nov.

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
Read below message. thanks

C!C

Sep 17, 2014
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
kpdxb said:
Im too on same boat...can any one please suggest what are possibilities is i submit form for noc 2281 by 20th nov.
you are good to go.
make sure you do not delay further and file your application in Nov.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
rohitcan said:
what are the chances for 2281 applicants especially Nov applicants ?

Its is already reached 365 applicantions and I believe this data is for the month of July 2014.

Dear seniors Please advise
No This is current date - u r good to go for noc 2281

Kemguri

Nov 21, 2014
Hello Everyone

This is my first post here. I am going to apply under this category this week. But i have the following confusion:

I have been working in a school since 2006 as a Network Administrator. Looking after the networking of Computer Lab and other office systems, updating and maintaining school website, etc. are few of my job responsibilities.

My Educational Qualifications are:

1. B.Tech (Computer Science)
2. B.Ed (Bachelor of Education)
3. M.Ed (Master of Education in Guidance and Counseling)

My IELTS score is 7.5 (LISTENING: 8.5 , Reading: 7, Speaking: 7, Writing: 7.5)
Spouse's overall Score is 6

The WES report which will be delivered to me by Monday shows "Master of Education" as my topmost qualification.

So I am confused would I be able to get the points of MASTER's of EDUCATION or is it mandatory to have MASTER's IN COMPUTER SCIENCE only to get maximum points for applying under this category?

To put it in simple words, is a Master's Degree in any field (like in my case EDUCATION) would fetch maximum points or they will be looking for Masters Degree in Computer Science only to give maximum points?

Please also guide me what documents I need to get from my employer? Would a letter head from the school giving details of my job title and responsibilities will serve the purpose or do i need to attach salary slips or other documents? If any other documents are required then please list them.

Thanks.