+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Federal Skilled Immigration (Computer Network Technicians) NOC: 2281

varunreddys

Apr 30, 2017
Hi ,

Can anyone help me out which NOC i fall in whether 2171 or 2281

My consultant is mention 2281, however as per my job responsibilities i feel 2171 is apt one

Any help is highly appreciated

Request your as I am now confused in selecting the NOC .

I am working as a security analyst from past 5 years with below responsibilities and educational qualification is Bachelor of Technology specialization in Electronics and Communications Engineering.

Participate in security incident response by performing relevant investigation and forensic analysis of each incident and applying the necessary security mitigation.

Monitor, manage, and maintain the company’s SIEM.

Manage SIEM elements such as Log collection, Normalization, Correlation, and Aggregation.

Examine, appraise, and interpret correlation metrics, develop dashboards, and reports.

Tuning of rules, filters, and policies for detection-related security technologies to improve accuracy and visibility.

Provide detailed analysis and recommendations after monitoring security events from several sources, such as: IDS/IPS, DLP, Anti-Virus/Endpoint Protection, Network and web application firewalls.

Perform required compliance related activities and provide support for PCI DSS and other audit related requirements.

Participate in new security solutions evaluation, design and implementation.

Maintain documentation of tools, logic, policies, and procedures.

Participate in security risks, threats and vulnerabilities assessment.

On call, off-hours and/or shift work will be required

Manage day to day security tasks to identify risks and mitigate them.
Monitor alerts & logs for firewall, ePo and take actions accordingly.
Maintain various security tools used to monitor policy compliance as per Client
Monitor for emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities which are provided by SIEM and Nexpose tools ,Establish and maintain intrusion detection and policies and offense rules
Active interest in cyber security, incident detection, network and systems security.
Familiarity with cyber-crime and cyber-attacks, responsible groups, motivations and techniques
Demonstrable experience in network, systems and security monitoring.
Thorough understanding of, and experience with, TCP/IP.
Knowledge of IT security best practices, common attack types and detection / prevention methods.
Demonstrable experience of analyzing and interpreting system, security and application logs in order to diagnose faults and spot abnormal behavior.
Responsible for taking action on alerts, events, and incidents reported from various security devices like IPS/IDS , Smart Events, McAfee ePO, SIEM etc and issue escalated from the service desk

RaviRaval

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello all my Time line is below pls give your opinion.

I applied for SINP nomination Program
I received my nomination on 28 Nov 2017
Than i send all documents(PCC also) with application fess to CIC on date 20 Dec 2017
I received AOR From CIC on 13 Feb 2018.
Now i check my status on line using my UCI number it is "In Process"
Now what is next ???
When i get next update and i get visa or not?
Pls tell me your answer pls

Mat909

Mar 8, 2018
I am working as system Engineer ( Maintaining MS window server , Citrix ,Vmware , Web Servers , IIS , Apps Server , DB server ) .Can anyone please share their job description letter with me (2281)? I just want to get an idea of to what to include in the letter. Thanks in advance

hossein87

Jun 28, 2018
hello
I am a bachelor of electronics engineering and I have completed my master degree in biomedical engineer (bioelectric). I have 4 years experience in network administration ( noc 2281). Is my educational qualification related to my occupation? can I account on master's point in CRS?