+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we apply for Student visa & EE at the same time? Please help. Confused

dnath

Feb 13, 2017
Thanks Mthornt for your reply. But would it not be difficult for him to show strong ties to his country considering that his immediate family has expressed an intention to immigrate by being in the ee pool.

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Dear Seniors,

I need your esteemed guidance and help. I have a Letter Of Invitation for Student Permit and TRV. I was given admission in an university in Ontario and hence I applied for SP.
At the same time I also created the EE profile. I am using same online profile for EE and SP and hence do not have any intention to suppress any information.
Now if OINP opens next week and I apply for their nomination with the relevant experiences, would they put me in trouble with SP or nomination?

Please help. This is eating my brain !

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
etcoflife said:
Dear Seniors,

I need your esteemed guidance and help. I have a Letter Of Invitation for Student Permit and TRV. I was given admission in an university in Ontario and hence I applied for SP.
At the same time I also created the EE profile. I am using same online profile for EE and SP and hence do not have any intention to suppress any information.
Now if OINP opens next week and I apply for their nomination with the relevant experiences, would they put me in trouble with SP or nomination?

Please help. This is eating my brain !

Thanks
If you have read the earlier posts in this thread, it should be clear to you that this is not an issue at all. I don't see any thing unique in your situation which makes you ask the same question again. Its perfectly fine to use the same profile for any kind of PR as well as Study permit.

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
fkl said:
If you have read the earlier posts in this thread, it should be clear to you that this is not an issue at all. I don't see any thing unique in your situation which makes you ask the same question again. Its perfectly fine to use the same profile for any kind of PR as well as Study permit.
I read the earlier posts now. Thanks. Your insight on the whole issue gave me some hope. Thanks very much.

dnath

Feb 13, 2017
dnath said:
Experts please help me. I am 42 yrs old and have created my profile in the express entry pool in Aug 2016. I want to know if this would affect my son's application for a study permit next year. He will be 17 then and applying for an undergraduate degree course. Will be truly grateful for a response please.
Earnest appeal to fkl to please advise me whether to withdraw my PR application so as to not affect my son's chances for a study visa. Please help.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
dnath said:
Earnest appeal to fkl to please advise me whether to withdraw my PR application so as to not affect my son's chances for a study visa. Please help.
Responded to your PM dnath. Again there is nothing which should be a concern for you to withdraw your PR profile. Good luck

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi,

I am asking this question on behalf of my sister. This forum helped me lot while I am applying for my PR and I hope I can get advice with the current situation also.

My sister's CRS points are below 400 and she can reach to 400 by improving language skills. She hasn't create profile in express entry yet.

Meanwhile, she is waiting for the acceptance from Canada university for Msc.

My target is Ontario Human Capital stream once she reaches to 400 CRS points.

Few consultants said that its not good to apply for both student visa and create a profile in the express entry which is not true as per the information in this forum.

I prefer PR option as student visa cost more.

Please provide some thoughts what is the best option for her- to wait for ONIP after reaching CRS points 400 or apply for a student visa if she has been accepted for Msc programme?

Any idea how to apply for ONIIP after reaching to CRS points 400?

I don't think other provincial nominations will work for her as I am residing in Ontario.

Appreciate your thoughts

Thank you

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
SDS said:
Hi,

I am asking this question on behalf of my sister. This forum helped me lot while I am applying for my PR and I hope I can get advice with the current situation also.

My sister's CRS points are below 400 and she can reach to 400 by improving language skills. She hasn't create profile in express entry yet.

Few consultants said that its not good to apply for both student visa and create a profile in the express entry which is not true as per the information in this forum.

Please provide some thoughts what is the best option for her- to wait for ONIP after reaching CRS points 400 or apply for a student visa if she has been accepted for Msc programme?

I don't think other provincial nominations will work for her as I am residing in Ontario.

Appreciate your thoughts

Thank you
From this forum I found one person who got OINP Human Capital nomination and finally PR while he was on a student permit. I am on the same boat. Let me also know what you find. This will help.

DRWOU

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
SDS said:
Hi,

Appreciate your thoughts

Thank you
Your sister can create a profile (even if it is below CRS 400). She could explore the SINP Sub-express entry stream (you have to keep an eye out for this, as it is very competitive - check SINP website for more info)
As regards OINP, once you fill out your EE profile, make sure to select Ontario as the intended province of residence. Once you fill out your profile and validate your profile (you'll be instructed on how to register on jobseekers using the validation code), you will get an Expression of Interest from Ontario. You will have a time span to accept and submit all the required documentation. If she fails to accept within this time frame, then she will never get any Expression of Interest from Ontario in the future even if she creates another profile. Also note that the processing time is quite slow (it might take up to a year after submitting the application and all the required documents to OINP)

Carefully consider your options if time is not a big factor.

Cheers!

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone

This thread caught my attention. I am retaking IELTS on March 4. Still 70 days before I complete first year of skilled experience. Yes I'm counting days. If I get CBL 9 in next IELTS test, my CRS will get to 439. There is no certainty that CRS will keep declining and stay at 430's till the end of May. So as a back up plan couple of months ago I was thinking to apply for a study permit. But given that I already have two masters degree from Western Europe, my request for SP will be refused even if I apply for PGD program. My sister lives in Ontario, her husband last week got confirmation of acceptance in PhD program after a lengthy wait. But he applied after he got his Canadian PR.

So what I wanted to know if I went to Canada in a visit visa, would be possible to apply to any university and then change status as student from visitor while being in Canada? Someone in this thread did mention that he/she applied for study visa while being in Canada and got the visa. But didn't mention what was his/her status at the time of applying.

OINP definitely is second option but I read that it can take up to a year to get nomination. However i believe with the introduction of online system, the process will be streamlined hence reduce processing time quite significantly.

Thanks in advance for any input folks! Good day.

Regards
KK

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
KingKurly said:
Hello everyone

This thread caught my attention. I am retaking IELTS on March 4. Still 70 days before I complete first year of skilled experience. Yes I'm counting days. If I get CBL 9 in next IELTS test, my CRS will get to 439. There is no certainty that CRS will keep declining and stay at 430's till the end of May. So as a back up plan couple of months ago I was thinking to apply for a study permit. But given that I already have two masters degree from Western Europe, my request for SP will be refused even if I apply for PGD program. My sister lives in Ontario, her husband last week got confirmation of acceptance in PhD program after a lengthy wait. But he applied after he got his Canadian PR.

So what I wanted to know if I went to Canada in a visit visa, would be possible to apply to any university and then change status as student from visitor while being in Canada? Someone in this thread did mention that he/she applied for study visa while being in Canada and got the visa. But didn't mention what was his/her status at the time of applying.

OINP definitely is second option but I read that it can take up to a year to get nomination. However i believe with the introduction of online system, the process will be streamlined hence reduce processing time quite significantly.

Thanks in advance for any input folks! Good day.

Regards
KK

I certainly wouldn't go for a 3rd Masters, maybe PhD? OINP will also speed up because they are slowing intake, so that candidates can be processed more timely.

NisargShivali

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
hi,

can you please help me??
i am married and we have created express entry profile but now it has been expired .. now my hushand is in canada on student visa.. i also got offer letter from college..
is express entry or husband in canada will affect my profile?.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
hi,

can you please help me??
i am married and we have created express entry profile but now it has been expired .. now my hushand is in canada on student visa.. i also got offer letter from college..
is express entry or husband in canada will affect my profile?.
No it will not affect your profile either way, whether you apply for student or worker status or if you were a student and applied for PR via express entry

RickyRicky

May 31, 2017
Hi :) I read this entire post with great interest since it mirrors my current issue to some degree.

I am hoping to get some assistance.

My study permit was recently rejected. I am resubmitting it. I also have a spousal sponsorship in process.

How can I write about dual intent in my application?

I have very little travel history but what I do have shows I never violated any conditions of my tourist visa.

Thanks again,