+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we apply for Student visa & EE at the same time? Please help. Confused

NisargShivali

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
seoultrain said:
Just to add to this thread, fkl's advice was spot on. I applied for a student visa, whilst in the EE pool. I was honest and upfront about being in the EE pool. My student visa was approved in 1 week with no need for further information. Anyone using a lawyer that has advised withdrawing an EE profile on the basis that it reduces the chances of getting a student visa should probably look for a new lawyer.
Hi. I am experiencing the same issue. Did you mention about your EE profile in your SOP for study permit? How did you prove your honesty? Is there any important thing to keep in mind?

NisargShivali

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
fkl said:
Student visa application is treated independently of PR application. This is what has been described earlier in above thread. Rest you can google the term DUAL INTENT.

Hi. I am experiencing the same issue. Should I mention about my EE profile in my SOP for study permit? Is there any important thing to keep in mind?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
NisargShivali said:
Hi. I am experiencing the same issue. Should I mention about my EE profile in my SOP for study permit? Is there any important thing to keep in mind?
None - you can mention that but it doesn't give you any significant advantage or disadvantage

NisargShivali

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
fkl said:
None - you can mention that but it doesn't give you any significant advantage or disadvantage
Thank you for your response.
If I show in my SOP that I have an EE profile, it will be the case of dual intent. So, do I need to show them that I will be returning to my home country after completion of the course???

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
NisargShivali said:
Thank you for your response.
If I show in my SOP that I have an EE profile, it will be the case of dual intent. So, do I need to show them that I will be returning to my home country after completion of the course???
You are welcome. Yes ... having applied for PR via EE (and hence dual intent) does not give you any concession around evaluation of SP with respect to strong ties to home country. You haven't gotten PR yet. You have merely showed intent by putting your profile into EE system.

NisargShivali

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
seoultrain said:
Just to add to this thread, fkl's advice was spot on. I applied for a student visa, whilst in the EE pool. I was honest and upfront about being in the EE pool. My student visa was approved in 1 week with no need for further information. Anyone using a lawyer that has advised withdrawing an EE profile on the basis that it reduces the chances of getting a student visa should probably look for a new lawyer.
Hi.
Mine is the similar case. I am already in the ee pool and will be filing student visa application soon. Can you elaborate how honest and upfront you were? Please give your example.

NisargShivali

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
fkl said:
You are welcome. Yes ... having applied for PR via EE (and hence dual intent) does not give you any concession around evaluation of SP with respect to strong ties to home country. You haven't gotten PR yet. You have merely showed intent by putting your profile into EE system.
Thanks for the response...

sksanddyy

Dec 30, 2016
Hi Dears......same situation here, after reading this thread I opted to withdraw my EE profile. Will that help me to get SP?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sksanddyy said:
Hi Dears......same situation here, after reading this thread I opted to withdraw my EE profile. Will that help me to get SP?
Not sure if you misunderstood something. But this thread is all about explaining that you CAN apply for both together. Withdrawing (or continuing) EE profile has no impact on SP application

ishm15

Nov 18, 2016
I am on SP and got ITA. I will be submitting my application soon. Does this effect my tuition fees in any way or do I still pay international fees until I get PR?

I have to still pay tuition fees for this semester and I don't know if I will get any benefit of applying for PR towards my fees.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ishm15 said:
I am on SP and got ITA. I will be submitting my application soon. Does this effect my tuition fees in any way or do I still pay international fees until I get PR?

I have to still pay tuition fees for this semester and I don't know if I will get any benefit of applying for PR towards my fees.
Applying for PR doesn't change any thing. You cannot get any thing associated with PR status until you actually LAND as a PR

Theoretically you might as well have completed entire PR processing but have not landed yet and still nothing changes for you.

So you need to pay international fee, period.

williameyidi

Dec 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2017
Nomination.....
Not Needed
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
15-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2017
LANDED..........
27-11-2017

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Good info everyone, thanks for sharing your experiences. This helped me determine to move forward even though I have an EE profile created.

dnath

Feb 13, 2017
Experts please help me. I am 42 yrs old and have created my profile in the express entry pool in Aug 2016. I want to know if this would affect my son's application for a study permit next year. He will be 17 then and applying for an undergraduate degree course. Will be truly grateful for a response please.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Your application for PR should not affect his application for a study permit, unless you complete the process and land in Canada before he begins study. He would then not have to pay the international fee on his study.