+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we apply for Student visa & EE at the same time? Please help. Confused

seoultrain

Mar 4, 2015
Just to add to this thread, fkl's advice was spot on. I applied for a student visa, whilst in the EE pool. I was honest and upfront about being in the EE pool. My student visa was approved in 1 week with no need for further information. Anyone using a lawyer that has advised withdrawing an EE profile on the basis that it reduces the chances of getting a student visa should probably look for a new lawyer.

Reactions: cecolejr

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the info!!! Good news! Congrats!

This proves again that we should only rely on proven situations and not "advice" from 3rd parties. :)

ConnieD

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Interview........
Not needed at this time
seoultrain said:
Just to add to this thread, fkl's advice was spot on. I applied for a student visa, whilst in the EE pool. I was honest and upfront about being in the EE pool. My student visa was approved in 1 week with no need for further information. Anyone using a lawyer that has advised withdrawing an EE profile on the basis that it reduces the chances of getting a student visa should probably look for a new lawyer.
Hello Seultrain! How are you??

I've got a question for you or any other one who can help. I've applied or PR thorugh EE, got ITA in August and it's still in process. But, I really want to start a PG in May 2016, and I'm ot sure if PR will be ready by then or not. So I'm planning to apply for the student visa. but I'm not sure what to present as ties to my country for me and my husband. They mention "flight ticket (I obviously wn't have return ticket), appointment with doctor (sounds ridiculous)" and so on. Anyways, I don't know how to prove I reallly want the PG, despite getting or not PR.

On the other hand, we would travel with our 2 kids, do they need student visa as well? They already have multiple entrance visa for tourist (they are 2 and 4 years old)

Thanks so much to anybody who can help me out!!!!

sby123

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Just letting you guys know that I have successfully applied for a study permit within Canada while being in the pool for EE(Still waiting until now). The process for SP and PR application are separate, therefore, you can use different GCKey like I did just to be on the safe side.

natudi30

Apr 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Regulatory Affairs
sby123

is your study visa approved?

you said "within canada"..are you in canada/outside canada?

Djyoti

Sep 23, 2014
fkl said:
There is something existent called "dual intent" as per CIC's official guideline. Most people thinking you cannot apply for both (temp residence like work / study permit as well as PR) are plain wrong and should research dual intent.

In simple words, CIC does not care whether you permanently live in Canada or not eventually. When applying for study permit, they just want to evaluate that IF YOU DO NOT GET PERMANENT status eventually, ARE YOU LIKELY TO OVERSTAY ILLEGALLY OR NOT. This can be shown by strong ties to home country (not just owning property / business is the only way, which most people do not have) but rather having a established life / job with a respectable income in the same profession is a good and most common factor.

That being said, when you apply for study permit, having a PR application in process or not, you would be evaluated at the same grounds as another person with only study permit application. I believe i have read this formally several times in CIC's official description and should show up when you google DUAL INTENT.

UPADTE: So in summary if there was any confusion - there is no harm in applying for both study permit and PR at the same time, period.

got caips note after refusal - uncle sponsor - sufficient fund - but it is the applicants multiple express entry submission - which is why they don't believe she would leave canada. Also - there was a missing proof of of relationship with uncle.

We can include the proof of relation in the second application, but what can one can do about EE submission?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Djyoti said:
got caips note after refusal - uncle sponsor - sufficient fund - but it is the applicants multiple express entry submission - which is why they don't believe she would leave canada. Also - there was a missing proof of of relationship with uncle.

We can include the proof of relation in the second application, but what can one can do about EE submission?
Temporary residence is not part of express entry. It seems CIC thinks you have had multiple applications in process at the SAME time. Did you reuse the same UCI number for all applications so CIC has your correct file and full picture? Did you apply for EE twice or something?

You need to explicitly clarify with proof if there are some mistakes at CIC's end to rectify in the next application. Of course for the current apps refusal, the missing proof of relationship is enough grounds for refusal

ronnieS

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Brenna said:
Hi,

I am asking this question for my cousin.

He has got admission for a PG Diploma course in Canada and is also eligible for FSW. He is planning to apply for Student visa next week.At the same time can he apply for Express entry or is it better to apply for Student visa first and then after reaching Canada can he apply Express Entry.

Experts,what will be the impact. Can you please give your thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Brenna

You can apply for both and there is absolutely no harm in that, a lot of my friends did that and no one was refused. EE is a completely different then student visa and as far as writing your LOE for student visa is concerned, it really does not make any difference if you mention you will be returning or not.

FYI this practice is only encouraged by lawyers/agents in India.

So you can be in EE pool and still file for your student permit and all of your fees will be refund once you have your PR. It has happened to a lot od people.

sby123

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
natudi30 said:
sby123

is your study visa approved?

you said "within canada"..are you in canada/outside canada?
Yes, my study visa was approved in about a month. I applied from Markham (Inside Canada)

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
sby123 said:
Yes, my study visa was approved in about a month. I applied from Markham (Inside Canada)
Hi sby123,

How did you apply for your study visa from within Canada? I'm also planning to get a Study Visa from within Canada, but I was advised to send my application package to the VAC in Los Angeles. If there's an easier way to get it then I would really appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

sby123

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
drummerlover33 said:
Hi sby123,

How did you apply for your study visa from within Canada? I'm also planning to get a Study Visa from within Canada, but I was advised to send my application package to the VAC in Los Angeles. If there's an easier way to get it then I would really appreciate the advice.

Thanks!
Hey, I applied everything online. You can follow the steps posted here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp)

Vidhi2016

May 16, 2016
Hi All,

I have applied for EE thrice as I had applied it first in 2015, then in 2016 and due to some issue had to take don that profile and create another one in May 2016. My crs score is 435, but the score doesn't seem to come down. I want to apply for a MS program in Canada. What are my chances of getting the student visa as I have already applied thrice in the Express Entry. Please suggest.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Vidhi2016 said:
Hi All,

I have applied for EE thrice as I had applied it first in 2015, then in 2016 and due to some issue had to take don that profile and create another one in May 2016. My crs score is 435, but the score doesn't seem to come down. I want to apply for a MS program in Canada. What are my chances of getting the student visa as I have already applied thrice in the Express Entry. Please suggest.
Student visa application is treated independently of PR application. This is what has been described earlier in above thread. Rest you can google the term DUAL INTENT.