+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my Ex girlfriend cancel my perment resident card?

55bobby

Feb 21, 2018
Once again, you need to apply for a replacement PR card. I'm not sure what's confusing. You've been given this answer a number of times now.
Thanks, i know im asking some of the same questions, i understand now. With the PR Travel Document, do i need to apply for it now or when im ready to go back to canada? At this moment im not finacially ready, down the line i will be.Thanks for the help Scylla and everyone. Is the process easy.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
And Yes, she can legally send mail (the PR card) back to the sender if the recipient (you) doesn't live at the address supplied.

55bobby

Feb 21, 2018
And Yes, she can legally send mail (the PR card) back to the sender if the recipient (you) doesn't live at the address supplied.

I see, i know they cant send it to me in another country. Technically i have PR status for Canada, its just the process of me getting my PR card. If i go to canada say on a holiday i can apply for my PR card? I know the other way is to get a PR travel document. Would the first way work hardly?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
As noted by several posters before, you will need a PRTD to come back. If you can vacation for 80+ days, you can definitely apply then.

55bobby

Feb 21, 2018
Thanks all for yer help. In the process now applying for PRTD. Wondering does the process take long? Is it valid until I re-enter Canada? Is there a timeline on it?

After when your in Canada, is the process for a new PR card difficult. Do you need to provide them alot of information. Have people here have experience in getting a PRTD and applying for a new PR card? Curious to know.

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thanks all for yer help. In the process now applying for PRTD. Wondering does the process take long? Is it valid until I re-enter Canada? Is there a timeline on it?

After when your in Canada, is the process for a new PR card difficult. Do you need to provide them alot of information. Have people here have experience in getting a PRTD and applying for a new PR card? Curious to know.

Thanks
For renewing a PR card all the info is on the CIC site, pretty straight forward

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace.html?_ga=2.50330213.293498305.1521567501-122592662.1521567501

Applying for a PRTD, the processing time can differ depending which country you apply from and the PRTD will have a validity date on it.