+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel to Canada from Pakistan through Etihad ?

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
As Abu Dhabi is providing testing services on airport, can I travel through there to Canada ?
I need to travel to Vancouver but I saw that Etihad goes through Toronto, if so will I need to quarantine in Toronto or Vancouver?

Any help is appreciated

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
As Abu Dhabi is providing testing services on airport, can I travel through there to Canada ?
I need to travel to Vancouver but I saw that Etihad goes through Toronto, if so will I need to quarantine in Toronto or Vancouver?

Any help is appreciated
No you can not as per the official announcement from Government of Canada on flight suspension from India and Pakistan. It bans on third countries pre departure testing requirement from these nationals…

“Canada's approach to border management includes entry and flight restrictions; mandatory pre-arrival, on-arrival, and post-arrival testing requirements; mandatory hotel stopover for air travellers; and mandatory 14-day quarantine for travellers. The Government of Canada is also extending those measures to protect the health and safety of Canadians.”

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
No you can not as per the official announcement from Government of Canada on flight suspension from India and Pakistan. It bans on third countries pre departure testing requirement from these nationals…

“Canada's approach to border management includes entry and flight restrictions; mandatory pre-arrival, on-arrival, and post-arrival testing requirements; mandatory hotel stopover for air travellers; and mandatory 14-day quarantine for travellers. The Government of Canada is also extending those measures to protect the health and safety of Canadians.”
But where it is written that you cannot travel via third country? Sorry i didn't understand thats why

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
But where it is written that you cannot travel via third country? Sorry i didn't understand thats why
Here we go
As the number of COVID-19 cases remain disproportionally high in India and Pakistan, we have extended our flight restrictions and third country pre-departure testing requirements for these countries. These ongoing measures are in place to help protect Canadians, and manage the elevated risk of imported cases of COVID-19 and variants of concern into Canada during a time of increasing pressure on our health care system.”
The Honourable Omar Alghabra
Minister of Transport

Random_guy

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Here we go
As the number of COVID-19 cases remain disproportionally high in India and Pakistan, we have extended our flight restrictions and third country pre-departure testing requirements for these countries. These ongoing measures are in place to help protect Canadians, and manage the elevated risk of imported cases of COVID-19 and variants of concern into Canada during a time of increasing pressure on our health care system.”
Watch around 0:48. People can still travel to Canada via third country.

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Yeah but you need to test in the third country. Same as for the past 30 days. Testing in the third country often requires clearing immigration in that country cause very few airports have testing for connecting travellers.

If we get numbers down we all benefit. Plain and simple. Let’s not put August and September travel in jeopardy. Please only travel if you really really have to.

Reactions: Aesopzai

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
Can you please share the link of this Announcement? And Dubai too is introducing Transit COVID Testing, Right?
I don't know about Dubai. Abu Dhabi was confirmed by someone on call with Etihad. But having said that, India and Pakistan are still banned from transit as well, for now. You can check Etihad's and Abu Dhabi airport's website.

Nov 26, 2020
I don't know about Dubai. Abu Dhabi was confirmed by someone on call with Etihad. But having said that, India and Pakistan are still banned from transit as well, for now. You can check Etihad's and Abu Dhabi airport's website.
Yup that is correct. I got the same information from Etihad call center. So essentially once the ban of entry of passengers from Pakistan to UAE ends (May 31st 2021) you can travel via etihad back to Canada. Also the results come in before your flight to Canada and if you test positive, you quarantine in Abu Dhabi and you don't have to pay for that quarantine. They keep testing you and as soon as you show negative will be rebooked to the next flight to Canada. Confirmed all this personally from the call center.

Reactions: ayesha_llk2

arshgaba

Feb 13, 2021
Yup that is correct. I got the same information from Etihad call center. So essentially once the ban of entry of passengers from Pakistan to UAE ends (May 31st 2021) you can travel via etihad back to Canada. Also the results come in before your flight to Canada and if you test positive, you quarantine in Abu Dhabi and you don't have to pay for that quarantine. They keep testing you and as soon as you show negative will be rebooked to the next flight to Canada. Confirmed all this personally from the call center.

Can we still do transit through Abu Dhabi and travel to Canada?

planeseyk

Jun 19, 2022
Many Pakistani citizens immigrate to Canada as the first stage of their eventual immigration to the United States because with a Canadian passport, new immigrants Canadian citizens can choose whether to stay in Canada or live and work in the United States. When most people immigrate to Canada from Pakistan, they have deep family or personal reasons for moving. For some, it is a lifelong dream. For others - space and quality of life. You must understand that trains are https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/, and buses do not travel on such routes. So in your case, it's exclusively an airplane.